BUGLIST !!!

T

tosh1981

Originally posted by sj_miles@Jan 6 2004, 11:38 PM
The major bugs are:

1. The CPU bowls too many byes.

2. Mostly, if there is rain, it never stops.

3. In a match, if you load the game, the lineup will change back to default.

4. In a test, whenever a player gets out, a fielder appears on the pitch from nowhere.

These are the widely-encountered bugs in Cricket 2004. If there are anymore major bugs, please add them in.

We can't expect them to make a patch for all small bugs but definetely for the above major four bugs.
okay - just found this website to find out about the bug regarding rain in test matches...

does it ever stop? somebody on here says it doesnt...
its been going on for hours now... - ive just let the game run - and its showing no signs of change - it fast forwards time to the end of the day, and stops there...

J

j+m

Has anyone mentioned that the batsman and fielders run really slowly, and the fielders take about 3 seconds to react to a shot, and when they take a diving catch the ball touches the ground but it is still out and the fielders sometimes step over the boundry when they field the ball but it isn't a boundry.
And I would like to see grounds with individual shape and size.
Oh and the batsman don't run overthrows and sometimes the fielders don't field it and it goes over the boundry but you can just keep on running.

Thats just off the top of my head, there are many more problems which I could say except I can't be bothered...... :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by tosh1981@Apr 19 2004, 01:57 AM
ive just let the game run - and its showing no signs of change - it fast forwards time to the end of the day, and stops there...
You have tried pressing a button to carry on haven't you?

T

tosh1981

actually - only the clock fast forwards to 6pm...

that is the only indication of it being the end of the day...

there is no menu screen that comes up...

the only button that does anything at this stage is 'esc', which brings up the normal menu u would get when u press 'esc' during a game...

no help there...

abu

Club Cricketer
Whats up with EA SPORTS.........

do they even test run the game after development to see if there r bugs in it.

in 3 years...they have developed CRAP.

WE r better than EA....atleast we have made the game a LOT better than in the original and that only in 2-3 months unlike EA which took 2 years and created CRAP.

I

imported_Rollo

Originally posted by tutsipoppy@Apr 19 2004, 09:33 AM
Whats up with EA SPORTS.........

do they even test run the game after development to see if there r bugs in it.

in 3 years...they have developed CRAP.

WE r better than EA....atleast we have made the game a LOT better than in the original and that only in 2-3 months unlike EA which took 2 years and created CRAP.
You can say that again. :D

L

liquid_decoy_006

i saw the first few pages of this thread and they was a reply abuot the feilder stepping over the rope and it goes for 4...

it's s'pose to be like that...

i'm not sure if anyone has ansd this b4 cuz i havn't look at thru it...! :blink:

H

HDBird

Andrew, absolute nonsense. Even if you are in control of the ball when you catch it, if you step over the rope it is a six.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Nope.

According to the laws:
(B) Six runs shall be scored if a fielder

(i) Has any part of his person touching, or grounded beyond, the boundary when he catches the ball

(ii) Catches the ball and subsequently? touches the boundary or grounds some part of his person over the boundary while carrying the ball but before completeing the catch

So if the catch has been completed and the fielder then steps over the boundary it is still out.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Apr 21 2004, 02:24 PM
Nope.

According to the laws:

(B) Six runs shall be scored if a fielder

(i) Has any part of his person touching, or grounded beyond, the boundary when he catches the ball

(ii) Catches the ball and subsequently? touches the boundary or grounds some part of his person over the boundary while carrying the ball but before completeing the catch

So if the catch has been completed and the fielder then steps over the boundary it is still out.
:D ya ur right andrew ,but there is a time limit for the pause after the catch ,like say 5 seconds ,if the fielder has taken a catch and the throws the ball up ,it doesnt matter where the ball goes ,even if it goes out of the boundary ,it is still out .

and if the fielder takes a catch and then oversteps the rope it is still out ,but if the fielder while taking a catch cross the rope it is a six. :P

J

jeromedascorp

The rule says this, but in one of the 20twenty matches last yr sum 1 cught the ball and had control for about 3 seconds. it was clearly pouched. then he ran over the rope after catching it to celebrate. but the umps gave a 6.

*EDIT* puoched to pouched. Ive heard the term used with catches by numerous commentators

S

siddyjain

its happened to me too the feilder is standing behind the ropes and takes a catch and d commentator says safely taken by the feilder then he says thats cleared the boundry ;) :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread