BUGLIST !!!

another annoying bug sometimes bowlers in one day games bowl more than the ten overs they are supposed to have! and also in autoplay the run rates are always pathetic!

there is a bug if a bowler bowls on leg side to a right hander and if itz a 1day match even u go all down the leg side and try to play the bowl , u will miss it and whats funny that the umpire always gives that bowl a "wide".

Well I've had the game less than a week and its shaping up to be the
worst cricket game for bugs since the Amiga version of Graham Gooch
World Class Cricket...."HB STUDIO'S THIS GAME NEEDS A PATCH B4 YOU
UNLEASH THIS ONTO THE UK PUBLIC" :scratch:

So far...

Unable to resume in one day matches (locked twice in one match and on the third occasion could'nt resume - "Game Over")
Added a 4 on to player stats in matches (ie: Justin Langer's score was 18 which included "5" fours :scratch: )
Aus v Ind test...Indian close fieder walks onto wicket whilst bowler runs up.
Added an extra ball onto Daryl Tuffey's score so every time his stat's end in .1
Cannot hit a six using a MS Sidewinder gamepad even though I select the "Y" button in the controller set up
South Africa v New Zealand all ten players were shown as out (the one that should should've been out was shown as C&B :scratch: )
In a one day match...where are the slip fielders? :scratch:

Back to Cricket 2002 for now I think ;D:

How did this game got past the QA dept I'll never know......HB studios have to be told of this and anything else that's arisen.

The Presentation, the options, the graphics yep 10/10. The bugs, the lack of proper testing - diabolical 0/10.

Steve S.

B) how come no one mentioned the bug where all the feilders vanish from the feild and the game stands still for say some time like 5 minutes and after that it resumes normally

this is the bug i really hate ...and it happens mostly while playing one day games .......

Originally posted by sj_miles@Jan 6 2004, 11:38 PM
The major bugs are:

1. The CPU bowls too many byes.

2. Mostly, if there is rain, it never stops.

3. In a match, if you load the game, the lineup will change back to default.

4. In a test, whenever a player gets out, a fielder appears on the pitch from nowhere.

These are the widely-encountered bugs in Cricket 2004. If there are anymore major bugs, please add them in.

We can't expect them to make a patch for all small bugs but definetely for the above major four bugs.
here are a few more bugs

1) sometimes during an overthrow the fielder fails to pick up the ball.

2) When a 4 or 6 is hit the fielder appears to move in the opposite direction to the ball.

3) Commentary stops after about 5 overs or so.

4) Gamepad buttons past button 5 dont seem to work therefore menus have to be operated with the keyboard which is tiresome.

5) The statistics are always shown incorrectly while the batsman is playing e.g it shows 4 fours when the batsman has hit only 3 and ihis score is 13

let you know about more bugs as and when i find them.

Indeed, commentary sometimes stops (returns by reloading the saved game).
But enjoy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get crazy when in 1 sentence I hear the name of the bowler three times.

I have ms sidewinder and have no problems hitting sixes with it.I have the top left button set as power.

Originally posted by burnsy@Jan 12 2004, 04:41 PM
I have ms sidewinder and have no problems hitting sixes with it.I have the top left button set as power.
Cheers...Will try that ;D:

Steve S.

I can't bowl the way I can bowl in ck2002,

The cursor just dances away.

Every shot looks like tendulkar shots

Graphics..I found ck2002 better

i dont know wat reggie is high on. In the 2k4 screenshots, the graphics is a billion times better than 2k2. And ppl say the screenshots look worse than the game!!! so te games gotta be better. Just cant wait for Sunday. I will have 2k4 by then!

Originally posted by sdb4884@Jan 11 2004, 07:51 PM
another annoying bug sometimes bowlers in one day games bowl more than the ten overs they are supposed to have! and also in autoplay the run rates are always pathetic!
So they did'nt learn from Cricket 2002 then ? I had that in both PS2 & PC versions...
I dunno "EA Sports Bugfest 2004" :scratch:

Steve S.

Can't believe they never tested and found the fielder catching the ball and throwing it over for a four bug. Everyone knows that if this happened it would be a six :rolleyes:

And the PS2 crashes if you bring too many close in fielders on a custom field for a spinner, so be warned. Very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread