BUGLIST !!!

I am just thinking out loud, a nd will check later but if you turn autosave off in options, it should then save to your profile? It should then stay as "auto save off"? Not sure....any help?

Yeh, normally it will be saved in the profile. But in this case, it doesn't (I relogged on with the same user's profile).
I must say, this point takes away the fun of having your second innings. At once, it doesn't feel like "real" anymore.

What happend to Vineeth, why doesn't he participate more in the forum after the release of Cricket 2004?
I think he has received the game allright and I like to hear his opinion.
Who does make a kind of a shortlist concerning the bugs. The bugs must be given some grade of priority.
What does Vineeth say about asking EA for a patch and so on?
Do you know?

In my opinion, the bugs must be given some grade of priority (it depends on their rating):
1. must haves (blocking items)
2. needs (blocking partially)
3. wants (more or less important)
4. nice to have (I would say, most of the reported bugs will be part of this catagory)

At the moment, the bugs reporting becomes a mess. They are spread over several topics.
Just an idea: can anyone make a poll, anyone can vote and at the end, the customers (we are) have made their prioritylist.

I think some of us have tried to create a buglist. They start up a topic by writing down some bugs.
In no time, everybody begins to argument and the idea of a organized list with bugs disappears like snow for the sun.

Therefore I will ask one of the moderators to take the lead in this proces. They can skip textures that don't belong in the topic and maybe they can create a list out of the reported items.
Just my idea. If someone come up with a better plan, OK than, but we do need a plan!!

Peterp, totally with you here. What we need is a structured list of bugs and things which need fixed.

And as Vineet was the man who interviewed Andrew Wilson then he'd be the man to send him it.

Ask him about the World League too, and the part when he says the wicket keeper not standing still has been fixed.

AND TELL HIM HE'S A LIAR!!!!

Good to hear, Colin. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say for himself!

OK Colin, I'm glad you understand my statement.
I'm looking forward to the list.
HD Bird, thank you for supporting my idea (and giving me the tip of dvdcrave :-)).

The list has been drawn up in priority order and is currently being reviewed. The key, which I'm sure you'll agree, is getting EA to focus on the major bugs by not overloading them with every minor bug going and equally not giving them the opportunity to produce a sub-standard patch that fixes one of the less important things such as the stamina metre and doesn't address the crucial ones.

well dont u guys think that the jerky head movement of the batsmen in the game is caused due to the non-fuctioning of the facial animation......i m sure the game would look good if that bug was fixed....well coz of such lil bugs the game looks as if it was in beta version when it was released in aus hope they correct this in the uk release....coz 2 months are good enough 2 test and patch up

Hammudy,
In my opinion that's an example of a minor bug. It doesn't block the game, it's part of the last 20% to make the game perfect. There is a 80-20 rule, let's start at the beginning.
And we have to watch out that EA just resolves a few minor bugs, to please us.
But............. that's my opinion, nothing more. I do respect the other members.

well i want talking about the list....i was just talking about a bug....i know its a minor one....but the funny part is that i have only seen 3 bugs as yet
1- the commentry just gets silent
2-the jerky heads
3-(happened once yet) the batsmen remained at a constant score no matter what shot u hit
but i think that EA will patch the game for the uk release coz they will have to show their sales report etc to EA USA which they did last time and went on with cricket 2004 if this time its bad then they ll take time untill the next cricket game.....just a thought though

I don't have EA Cricket 2004 but I was wondering if they fixed a bug present in Cricket 2002. Using a patched ctm, India has two wicketkeepers Patel and Dravid. Whichever player is higher in the order becomes the wicketkeeper. This is bearbly in ODIs as I don't mind playing Dravid late in the order, but in Tests, this is really annoying as Dravid is not that good a wicketkeeper but to make Patel the wicketkeeper, it involves playing him 4th or 5th in the order which is just stupid. Does EA Cricket 2004 allow you to choose which player is wicketkeeper if you have two in your lineup.

BTW how many bugs are listed yet in numbers????10-20????n how many are the major ones....

Originally posted by barmyarmy@Jan 13 2004, 11:12 PM
The list has been drawn up in priority order and is currently being reviewed. The key, which I'm sure you'll agree, is getting EA to focus on the major bugs by not overloading them with every minor bug going and equally not giving them the opportunity to produce a sub-standard patch that fixes one of the less important things such as the stamina metre and doesn't address the crucial ones.
The Priority IMHO should at least contain...

The inability to resume in One-day matches...
Test Matches - reverts to default line ups in the second innings (BTW - it does this whether you save or not)
Rain that never stops...
Fielder walking onto wicket as bowler start run up...
Scorecard showing all 11 players as being out...
Slips in One-dayers...

If these are done at least it's playable then and you've got rid of the annoying bugs.

That's just my personal opinion...others may add to it...

I hate to sound rude but as it stands for all it's "bells and whistles" with all these bugs the game
instead of being a Cricket fans dream game is just a piece of c**p.

Steve S.

Users who are viewing this thread