Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

after waiting for this game since 08/14 and then finally ordering this game from game.co.uk last week with the realse date on thier website set for the 4/4/14 to then see today the release date is now 11/4/14, i have cancelled my order. As good as the game may or may not be i am sick of being messed around waiting for this game and alot of people at my cricket club (MK Park Cricket Club) feel exactly the same way and aren't getting the game anymore.

i know this may be a cut of your nose to spite your face situation but if the release date wasnt held back held back and then changed this game could of really done well in the UK, however every cricket and game fan i have spoken to feels very let down but how the relsease has been handled. Big Ant may well struggle in the UK market because of thier distrbution and this is definatly something they are going to have to change or fix for future games if they really want to hit the UK market

Don't chat $hit, your gonna get the game end of.

You wouldn't be on here otherwise.

im really not been reading this thread for weeks, because i was excited just thought because members of big ant are on here id let them know my feelings and why im not getting the game

i have to agree with Lee1981 bar the S**t bit! :) i never saw any dates mentioning the 4th? was always 11th? had a quick look at the middle east site letstango? and your looking at about ?70 inc shipping to UK and then you gotta hope customs dont sting you for import duty blimey too rich for my blood :facepalm

its not long to wait guys surely!

i have to agree with Lee1981 bar the S**t bit! :) i never saw any dates mentioning the 4th? was always 11th? had a quick look at the middle east site letstango? and your looking at about ?70 inc shipping to UK and then you gotta hope customs dont sting you for import duty blimey too rich for my blood :facepalm

game quoted 4th of april release when i pre ordered it

----------

for anyone who don't believe me

Items

Qty

Unit Price

Total

PS3 DON BRADMAN CRICKET 14 (PlayStation 3)
Preorder
Available: 04/04/2014

?44.99

?44.99

Total cost of products:

?44.99

game quoted 4th of april release when i pre ordered it

----------

for anyone who don't believe me

Items

Qty

Unit Price

Total

PS3 DON BRADMAN CRICKET 14 (PlayStation 3)
Preorder
Available: 04/04/2014

?44.99

?44.99

Total cost of products:

?44.99

In fairness GAME were the only supplier to state 4th April, the rest all had 11th April all along. So that's hardly Big Ant or Tru Blu's fault, seems like GAME just got it wrong.

Anyway it's only a week. I'd suggest that if you can't wait one week for a videogame you got bigger problems son.

tbh they all changed their dates multiple times from 17th 14th now to 11th GAME was always the 4th and repeatedly said they were told that date from the publisher. it's confusing to people who want to buy.

There is no import duty on video games. You might get stung for import vat.

Personally, I am a small, petty man, and I am happy to pay extra and risk the import vat, in order to not add a number to the UK sales, as well as getting it potentially earlier.

Their UK strategy stinks, and if it costs them UK sales maybe they will give us more info for future editions.

I know, as I mentioned above, this is petty, but honestly I would have waited if they just said it'd be out on the 11th. As it is they have withheld info and I will not support the UK distributor with a penny: I hope plenty of others have done the same because this "strategy" deserves to cost them sales.

Hope it is the 11th April , so its a race with the one i ordered in from dubai,
its been packed sitting in dubai, lets see which wins the race ..
one way or another will have don bradman next week via dubai or shopto .
i hope !

Hope it is the 11th April , so its a race with the one i ordered in from dubai,
its been packed sitting in dubai, lets see which wins the race ..
one way or another will have don bradman next week via dubai or shopto .
i hope !

me and dridge ordered within 10 minutes of each other yesterday, both in transit now... be interested to see who's comes first and if either of us win the customs lottery

I reckon there'll be a delay. They don't want to announce it to prevent more people importing. It's not a stock issue as they have made clear - rather it's a managed delay and withholding of info... And that being so, stock not being an issue, still getting a "around 10 days" message sucks major ass.

I want to play the game, and therefore I have no choice but to "support" tru Blu, but I will not support their UK distributor or this strategy, hence the decision to purchase from abroad and hang the cost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread