Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Once the retailers have no power, and digital takes over, the prices will come down a lot.
Prices are artificially high because of pre-owned: once that goes, and the retailer's 30% mark-up goes, things will get much cheaper.

Sony and MS are taking about the same off digital as they do for retail, sometime a little more, I'm not sure they'll reduce it unless they have too.

I certainly will not mourn the loss of trade-ins.

Yep get one every year for FIFA

Same i use it for fifa smash that game for a week solid when i get the disk im like mehh lol. Also for NFL Love that game!

I guess but i would have thought it would be much cheaper to do it all digitally instead of making the disk and case then shipping it.. then we would see the price drop to reflect that i would have thought

Not a chance. As soon as Microsoft killed off the high street store they would be free to charge what they wish.

I love the convenience of digital, but I'll miss the retail side of things.

Similar to the way I feel with books... there's something about having a shelf full of games/books that appeals to me.

It's the only reason I like going to the shopping centre, to drop into EB and check out the bargain bin. :yes

Not if a rival platform was charging less...

but Sony currently charges me more... and given you'll release everything on both they just really don't care.

As long as Sony and Microsoft continue to try and charge over ?60 for a digital game I don't think it will ever catch on. Sony are a bit better in this regard with some competitive prices for older games (F1 2013 is a tenner atm) but until they give people a reason to choose digital over physical copies I don't see it working out too well.

If they want a digital future they've got to do what Steam does, but for consoles.

As long as Sony and Microsoft continue to try and charge over ?60 for a digital game I don't think it will ever catch on. Sony are a bit better in this regard with some competitive prices for older games (F1 2013 is a tenner atm) but until they give people a reason to choose digital over physical copies I don't see it working out too well.

If they want a digital future they've got to do what Steam does, but for consoles.

Sony doesn't choose the price the publisher does.

Users who are viewing this thread