Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

I think 79cricket has posted enough smilies for the lot of us.

Or to translate for his benefit, :wave :facepalm :clap :rolleyes :p

---

What about compared to Rugby Challenge or Rugby League Live - in the same ballpark despite being unlicensed and not near a major tour/tournament?

We could create more MattW, new little gems for us to play with please.:wave

----------

Don't want to give away too many of your trade secrets...

Blocker and Ross were close and now they are not, I see a country western song in there.:cheers

I think 79cricket has posted enough smilies for the lot of us.

Or to translate for his benefit, :wave :facepalm :clap :rolleyes :p

---

What about compared to Rugby Challenge or Rugby League Live - in the same ballpark despite being unlicensed and not near a major tour/tournament?

I can't comment without breaking confidences.

That said, they've all had their issues so it's hard to compare. Our RLL1 was not a great game, a foundation for games to come but not a great game in itself, RLL2 was a redemption (I think :) ). Rugby Challenge had it's issues as it had a competitor in the 505 Games published official World Cup Rugby title.

Yeah, it would suck if you had 505 Games in the market making it harder to sell your game.

I'm going to have to start quoting him to annoy you (can't ignore admins ;))

"Sorry barmyarmy is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

geez.

True MattW, in the end things worked out real nicely just need DBC14 to sell a million copies and all will be fine.:spy

I love this little guys.:yes

Distributors do a deal based on retailers interest in advance. It's been a scary month at retail globally and everyone thinks there is a major downturn on the way, big games have not sold as well as they should.

Desperately trying to hold on before the only retailers left are Amazon and digital download. In the UK they are becoming less relevant every day, and unless they can find new ways to exist, they will be out.
Soon the numbers will be such that platform-holders don't rely on them any more: any restrictions on digital day-and-date releases go away, and the wheels will be off.

Desperately trying to hold on before the only retailers left are Amazon and digital download. In the UK they are becoming less relevant every day, and unless they can find new ways to exist, they will be out.
Soon the numbers will be such that platform-holders don't rely on them any more: any restrictions on digital day-and-date releases go away, and the wheels will be off.

not offering pre-orders is not much of a way to help themselves.

Just had this from GamesXchange.

Hi Ian
Our suppliers are the official suppliers for the UK and they
have told us the release date is the 17th April.

I know that it's out in Australia on the 3rd so maybe the supplier
you've seen is confident he can get some Australian stock for the day
after.

We only sell the Official Uk version of games so we'll have to stick to
the UK date.

It may be worth contacting the supplier you have seen to see if they can
guarantee you a copy for the 4th.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Richard

What do they do? Sell t-shirts? Download coupons to kids that don't have credit cards? I have no idea how they will survive, GDC is all about digital (again) from the platform holders and the expectation that 2 years is the tipping point for digital to be greater than retail.

Users who are viewing this thread