Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

What do they do? Sell t-shirts? Download coupons to kids that don't have credit cards? I have no idea how they will survive, GDC is all about digital (again) from the platform holders and the expectation that 2 years is the tipping point for digital to be greater than retail.

I always try to buy digital as its mostly cheaper but thats where xbox go wrong they sell the game digitally for the same or often more than a boxed copy. When they sort that out i think it will really kick on all it has to be is ?5 cheaper and more will buy it digitally.

Ok ok. So Ross let me get this straight... your saying that Game are lying?? As i justt saw a few tweets between @gameheadrow & @PlanetCricket saying it is 4th April & they are defo selling it??

thats where xbox go wrong they sell the game digitally for the same or often more than a boxed copy. When they sort that out i think it will really kick on

Not me. The whole thing about a physical disc for me is being able to take it to a shop and get a few quid off your next game. Im not a fan of buying games on the marketplace as once ive finished them, they are basically useless.

Ok ok. So Ross let me get this straight... your saying that Game are lying?? As i justt saw a few tweets between @gameheadrow & @PlanetCricket saying it is 4th April & they are defo selling it??

I was being sarcastic, they are lying just as I was....

i don't think he's said anything explicit about the date in the uK but what he hinted at supported the 4th as the date (4th, who'd have thought it, etc.)

What do they do? Sell t-shirts? Download coupons to kids that don't have credit cards? I have no idea how they will survive, GDC is all about digital (again) from the platform holders and the expectation that 2 years is the tipping point for digital to be greater than retail.

2 years sounds long to me... The big titles already have enough muscle to influence retail: as soon as the mid-tier get the same privileges the floodgates open IMO.

Well no one's really mourning the loss of the dedicated music stores, I don't really see myself being concerned at game stores going the same way, especially as all the local stores got run out of business years back when the major chains rolled out.

The relationship between the publishers and the retail stores was always strained by the used game market anyway - why is it worth keeping a retailer margin in the product if they turn around and sell used copies with nothing going back to them?

The 3DS is the only platform I stick to physical on - because Nintendo still haven't worked out the internet.

Not me. The whole thing about a physical disc for me is being able to take it to a shop and get a few quid off your next game. Im not a fan of buying games on the marketplace as once ive finished them, they are basically useless.

I guess but i would have thought it would be much cheaper to do it all digitally instead of making the disk and case then shipping it.. then we would see the price drop to reflect that i would have thought

2 years sounds long to me... The big titles already have enough muscle to influence retail: as soon as the mid-tier get the same privileges the floodgates open IMO.

I would agree.

I think the turning point is the new stuff Sony and Microsoft are talking to us about having digital come out before retail, I can imagine digital pre-orders to get it first going through the roof, especially with sports games.

I would agree.

I think the turning point is the new stuff Sony and Microsoft are talking to us about having digital come out before retail, I can imagine digital pre-orders to get it first going through the roof, especially with sports games.

I agree, when ea sports done the season ticket thing you could play the full game a week before retail it was huge.

I always try to buy digital as its mostly cheaper but thats where xbox go wrong they sell the game digitally for the same or often more than a boxed copy. When they sort that out i think it will really kick on all it has to be is ?5 cheaper and more will buy it digitally.

Once the retailers have no power, and digital takes over, the prices will come down a lot.
Prices are artificially high because of pre-owned: once that goes, and the retailer's 30% mark-up goes, things will get much cheaper.

Ok ok. So Ross let me get this straight... your saying that Game are lying??

Game do lie, they are a terrible company. They told me they would only be getting one shipment of the titanfall controller and when they had sold them there would be no more. Bulls**t, they got another batch in and upped the price by another ?10 because they were so popular. They also claim to offer the best trade in prices. They say if you find a better trade in price they will give you a ?5 voucher. ?30 they offered me for my 360 back in November. I took it to a small second hand shop and got ?70. Told them about it and they said it only counts with a major retail store. ------s.

Users who are viewing this thread