Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Why call yourself 'ozgameshop' when you're based in the UK?

Fair enough. Sorry, one last stupid question...by local distributor you mean a shop or a website?

The distributor sells to the local shops/online retailers. Normally they are not named in press releases and you would not know of them, it was unusual for Tru Blu/HES to do so on this occasion.

----------

Why call yourself 'ozgameshop' when you're based in the UK?

I think they're based here? or they ship from the UK to here? The main thing is that their target for delivery is Australia, bypassing all UK and Australian taxes (as MattW alluded too).

I think they're based here? or they ship from the UK to here? The main thing is that their target for delivery is Australia, bypassing all UK and Australian taxes (as MattW alluded too).
Yeah it's a 'local' store for people purchasing from Australia - with prices in Australian dollars - but the company is a UK based one and all the shipping comes out of there.

Considering UK to Australia shipping is really fast most of the time, it's hard to tell the difference over some of the slower local stores.

Trying to get something shipped from WA is a nightmare.

I can 100% confirm this is wrong! I'm stood at work in game and looking at it on our system. It still says the 4th April with an rrp of 44.99.

I live in Castleford so I can only assume the towns 4 brain cells didn't get distributed to the Game staff. :yes

While it'd be good to have the date confirmed, I am relaxed about the situation.

If it comes out on 4th April then fantastic, but if it is 11th April then equally great at least we get the game within the release window. Some people on here need to take a good long hard look at themselves, at the end of the day it is only a game and it won't be the end of the world if you get it a week or even 2 weeks after release in Australia. In the wider context of things, if you biggest gripe in life is the release date of a video game then count yourself as being fortunate.

How is it equally great that us UK folk (might) have to wait a week (or longer) after everyone else has the game? You're right that it isn't the end of the world but I wouldn't call it equally great.

On the flipside you'll get to enjoy YouTube videos of all us n00bs flailing around being shitty at the game, so you'll get a head-start on seeing how it's not done...

it's been 11 days since the Big Ant Studios twitter said "Stay tuned for UK news."

on no planet except "planet cricket" is that not inconsistent with now implying that the "strategy" is to not make the UK deal public due among other factors to worrying about it being exported back to Aus, and a statement also 11 days ago that he hoped to have info early last week which appeared to include the UK but which his current evasions suggest could never have been the case.

it's part of a pattern of making bullish, unequivocal statements (2013 release, release before ashes, no chance to miss last year, exact date before end of jan, march release etc.) that he can't back up and then making desperate post-hoc justifications that hint at a bigger picture only he can understand that lets his acolytes nod knowingly at each other feel all smug too because they didn't get frustrated not like the trolls and then he'll pick someone to personally attack all the while making a great play of his personal integrity...

then he will actively troll someone (if they're ignored, they're ignored, why does he need to keep to going on about it) and keep attacking them hoping everyone else will join in and not notice the gaping hole where the thing he said would happen should be.

I would suggest that the reaction was due to the inference you took that it meant there was no deal and it would be months.

i said i didn't think the deal was signed when the announcement of the rest of the world was made, and there was more to it than waiting for approval.

i explicitly said that did not mean that they were not at an advanced stage and the deal may be close, but i also said that "TBA" was not typically used to suggest something is imminent, and if this was imminent the use of "TBA" was antagonistic... as time went on it became more and more apparent that there obviously was more to it than it mere approval.

if you accept what @Ross is currently implying, i'll admit i was probably wrong about the deal not being signed at that point. but it does mean there was more to it than approval, it does mean the implications he's previously made about UK info being imminent were less than honest, and it makes his personal abuse while making a great play of his integrity ludicrous.

nobody currently planning to the buy game in the UK knows exactly when they will have their game in their hands. no amount of unjustified abuse @Ross cares to throw at me changes that, and I applaud those members of PC who are not allowing his diversionary tactics to distract them from that point.

Last edited:
^^^^ blah blah blah I thought you were over it and had moved on? Whatever you're selling, I don't buy it, you'll post again. and again... and again... and again... oh... and again.

----------

How is it equally great that us UK folk (might) have to wait a week (or longer) after everyone else has the game? You're right that it isn't the end of the world but I wouldn't call it equally great.

All parties are in agreement that the release needs to be as close to the 3rd of April as is possible, they are doing their utmost to release globally at the same time.

So I am doing my pre-order from Game and hoping for the best anyways I have lose hope to get a steel-book now so happy for the game.

it does mean the implications he's previously made about UK info being imminent were less than honest

It really doesn't. I'd throw a citation required out there, but since it's all hearsay and we're not really privvy to the inner-workings of the HES marketing division it prolly went like this:

[Enthusiastic Ross] "Hey, TruBlu... Now that you've issued the press release can I talk about the UK release"

[TruBlu Guy] "...um, hold fire"

[Enthusiastic Ross] "Okay..."

[Enthusiastic Ross] "Still waiting..."

[Enthusiastic Ross] "...still here..."

[Enthusiastic Ross] "...getting reamed by PlanetCricket nerds now..."

[Enthusiastic Ross] "...Hello?..."

[TruBlu Guy] *answering machine beep*

But in all seriousness, he was prolly told by his HES contact that the deal was done, just that the i's weren't dotted or something and he had to wait until the Queen approved Daniel Craigs corgy while drinking a warm beer at the 'Cork n' Bishop' to climb Big Ben during the Olympics...

...or some equally vague British excuse.

For the upteenth time, Ross has been nothing but genuinely honest with us, I dunno why you think there's a conspiracy now. It's a bit boring, TBH. Love your work, though.

I dunno why you think there's a conspiracy now. It's a bit boring, TBH. Love your work, though.

i don't think there's a conspiracy. 100% not. and i don't expect @Ross or trublu or anyone to make any announcements they consider counter to their commercial interests.

i think some of the things that have been said are inconsistent at best. i appreciate i'm in a minority in that view, and i appreciate i could be* seeing far too much black and white and nowhere near enough grey...

but the abuse i've received from him as been unwarranted, pathetic, and ridiculous for someone attempting to stand on integrity.

*for "could be", you are perfectly welcome to read "most certainly am"

Users who are viewing this thread