Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Just curious, the guy who works at GAME, F1RacerDan, do you get it before its released? Can you get your hands on a copy as soon as it comes in the store?

I'm sure that used to happen when a mate of mine worked there

I don't know what this "word of mouth" campaign was all about but it seems to be in progress by me. I just finished posting a whole lot of information on another very big cricket forum but it is extremely sad to see how less people are informed about DBC and they compare it with likes of Crick10 and Ashes13 (wanted ti scream a loud nooooooooooooooooooooooo stop it please).

It is impossible to educate the masses without getting your posts deleted as forum mods think that I am some kind of marketing agent for DBC. :lol

Reaching out to cricket fans would be my first priority as cricket fans are the ones who will buy this game, not casual gamers. I'm sure all the test nations have one or two cricket fan forums and if I were Ross or Tru Blu I would try reaching out to admins of those forums, or at the very least post about the game there.

It won't take much effort as essentially you are sharing the same info and making duplicate threads/posts in those forums with one difference... I would have a link to top CA teams created by users for the specific country fan forum. Say for Aus cricket fan forum, I will have Casper's team listed, for Eng cricket fan forum I will have mrdconnors team, for Indian fan forum chandrakif's teams etc. That would be the least cost & effort intensive way of reaching your target audience.

And I'm sure most of those fan forums will have their own twitter and fb accounts so your reach is increased exponentially. Still can't get past the way social media was leveraged for DBC 14.

i think Big Ant / TruBlu cannot and will not be seen to "endorse" in any way the "real" players/teams we've made in the academy because they are in effect a breach of IP

I have been talking to Roger Hulley this morning, he is the managing director of Alternative Software. He has told me that the game will not come out on 4th April in the UK and that they have informed GAME that the release date on their website is wrong.

According to Roger, the game is due for release in the UK on 11th April.

It's confusing because you'd think if it's wrong it would of been changed by now it's been up like that for about a week now. If it's wrong someone would of told them to change it ASAP. Surely it would of been changed by now if that was the case?

odd as they have actually moved the date on their website to the third - it currently says "released in only 7 days"

attachment.php

Attachments

• game.png
    game.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 73
Scroll further down the page, it says 04/04/2014
@kamy100 do you have proof of this conversation?

Come on mate, Kamy's good, take his word for it.

I'll take your word for it as you most probably know him better than I do. Apologies.

Last edited:
I have been talking to Roger Hulley this morning, he is the managing director of Alternative Software. He has told me that the game will not come out on 4th April in the UK and that they have informed GAME that the release date on their website is wrong.

According to Roger, the game is due for release in the UK on 11th April.

Very odd as Ross said yesterday he has been told the 4th is the proposed UK date? The confusion continues!

I guess like ross said yesterday they are aiming for 4th or by 11th. Maybe the distributor has said to retailers you may or may not get in by the 4th so sell it when you get it kind of thing so they may have given them a date of 11th by the latest but if they get it earlier than that they can dispatch it then? just guessing really don't shoot me down just a theory :)

I emailed Game yesterday and they said as far as they are aware the website is correct and the 4th is the date but this is subject to change.

They said the date they have is the one the publisher has given them ... guess we don't have long to find out anyway do we? An extra week is going to kill anybody!

I guess like ross said yesterday they are aiming for 4th or by 11th. Maybe the distributor has said to retailers you may or may not get in by the 4th so sell it when you get it kind of thing so they may have given them a date of 11th by the latest but if they get it earlier than that they can dispatch it then? just guessing really don't shoot me down just a theory :)

Yeah that sounds pretty much spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread