Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

From the quotes I can see that the sniper is still at it page after page... There are good reasons for what has happened and I cannot share them. Pretty damned low act, but keep the hits coming. Keep showing everyone the man that you are. Nice.

----------

People also don't get it both ways, if "no one knows about the game" how can these same people be getting screwed over by the game they don't know about....

No disrespect to you ross but as a consumer you would understand our frustration as well. I would not say there was any misleading, however since November 2013 we have as consumers have been in dark until the last week of the release.

We were first led to believe that game is coming in 2013 no matter what and then the whole press release shamble 2 weeks ago. Someone somewhere needs to get their act together and get a grip of things and come up with a solution.

even if quarter 1 was really tight why didn't trublu and bigant thought of a later for a worldwide release?

Last edited:
There are good reasons for what has happened and I cannot share them.

@Mr. BigAnt Sir - You are probably right. But without any visible clarity over release dates, some of us cannot help but feel that the good reasons were good for you and trublu, but not so much for folks in UK, and elsewhere who were dependent on ordering from the UK

Agree to disagree kind of situation, one might say

99% of us are in no way taking shots at you or BA... Just frustration towards trublu/distributors with the lack of clear concise info, it's different dates everywhere we look in the UK.

You cannot get info along the way and be close to the ?development? coal face and have certainty.

From the quotes I can see that the sniper is still at it page after page... There are good reasons for what has happened and I cannot share them. Pretty damned low act, but keep the hits coming. Keep showing everyone the man that you are. Nice.

----------

People also don't get it both ways, if the marketing is so bad that "no one knows about the game" how can these same people be getting screwed over by the game they don't know about....

To be fair to Dave there are a number of people stating issues with the perceived non-clarity. I agree things are getting a little hysterical and a number of people need to take a deep breath and calm down.

Suddenly Tru Blue is some kind of conspiring enemy out to ravage our piggy banks in unscrupulous circumstances.

I dont believe that but I myself have question marks around the way things are being handled but also understand that i am not privvy to the behind the scenes things going on.

If I was a publisher then I wouldn't need a publisher.

I would have too add that the only way I knew about this game is through this website, not a dig at you Ross, but personally it hasn't been the same since trublu came on board. If it works out for you, I'll be happy for your company, I've had disagreements with you in the past and when I've been wrong I've apologised, I think it hasn't been handled well by the publisher, and I don't think for one minute there's more awareness now about the game than there was when your team were in control, if I'm wrong mate, ill apologise as I have before, but I don't think trublu have done your product any favours. Everything I know about this game has come from yourself, your employees or planet cricket.

Available 3rd April 2014...Apart from the UK, you have to guess when you can buy it

If I was a publisher then I wouldn't need a publisher.

I understand.

I guess many of us would like to think we know how this kind of thing works whereas we in fact don't. @SPItfire....you are right mate at the same time we are the ones running around like headless chickens whereas we could just wait for Tru Blue to give confrmation......we are the ones trying to second guess.......

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot get info along the way and be close to the ?development? coal face and have certainty.

Do you think this level of uncertainty about the release date in DBC 14's biggest (or second biggest) market is warranted 6 days before the official release? Don't you see anything wrong with the picture? Are you also fine with retailers taking pre-orders for DBC 14 and changing the game's release date & availability on the fly?

Don't you think as paying customers we are entitled to know when we will get the game in our hands barely 6 days away from the release? I'm sorry but this strategy of keeping the consumers in the dark is not something we comprehend. All we have asked for is some clarity around the "release date" shamble in UK and North America. Surely that isn't too big an ask just 6 days away from the "worldwide" release of DBC 14?

Last edited:
So it's the 11th by the latest in the UK then? Sorry if you can't say either way, just wondering...

To be fair to Dave there are a number of people stating issues with the perceived non-clarity. I agree things are getting a little hysterical and a number of people need to take a deep breath and calm down.

Suddenly Tru Blue is some kind of conspiring enemy out to ravage our piggy banks in unscrupulous circumstances.

I dont believe that but I myself have question marks around the way things are being handled but also understand that i am not privvy to the behind the scenes things going on.

Let's be clear and be fair - sniperdave was hysterical from the 1st post and went off less than half cocked.

Let's also be clear, despite appearances, that he has no more knowledge than anyone else here.

Do you think this level of uncertainty about the release date in DBC 14's biggest (or second biggest) market is warranted 6 days before the official release? Don't you see anything wrong with the picture? Are you also fine with retailers taking pre-orders for DBC 14 and changing the game's release date & availability on the fly?

Don't you think as paying customers we are entitled to know when we will get the game in our hands barely 6 days away from the release? I'm sorry but this strategy of keeping the consumers in the dark is not something we comprehend. All we have asked for is some clarity around the "release date" shamble in UK and North America. Surely that isn't too big an ask just 6 days away from the "worldwide" release of DBC 14?

Not trying to be an a=hole but probably am: they haven't taken any money from anyone yet and they have clearly stated that the UK release date would have to be confirmed later. They have not done anything other than what they said they were going to do. It is frustrating I agree but I don't think we are being pissed on we are just very frustrated.....

Users who are viewing this thread