Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Lets be honest, getting this game released has been an absolute joke.
We get official release date of end of March, then its 3rd of april.
I pre order from game and it says 4th april and now other sites say the 11th of april, seriousley!!!!!:clap

and what about the retailers such as shopto who are losing business because a rival retailer has an earlier date, and in the absence of an official word we go with the earlier date?

are developers the only ones we should have any understanding for?

Heres my two cents (if its worth anything lol) if worked at GAME for some time now and have seen a lot of game releases! many have been well advertised and some havent. But the key here is the market the specific game is aimed at! for e.g. your call of duty games, battlefield fifa etc are hugley marketed because a shed ton of people will buy them no matter what! a game such as this wont need that much marketing as the only people who are going to buy it are the ones that already know about it! if that fair to say Ross?

a prime example is a game released tomoz called MXGP, i wasnt even aware of it till it came in the store today lol but it will sell to those that know about it. theres no point marketing a game when most casual players will just pass it up!

anyway to cut this message short all im saying is most games just appear with little marketing and info and they sell what they need to. We have it down to be released on the 4th others the 11th theres obviously some sort of issue we will never know about but its gunna be released so just take it at that :cheers

Lets be honest, getting this game released has been an absolute joke.
We get official release date of end of March, then its 3rd of april.
I pre order from game and it says 4th april and now other sites say the 11th of april, seriousley!!!!!:clap

Poor petal. You're getting it either at launch, or around a week later.

It's not like it's been cancelled. The overreaction is ridiculous.

I understand.

I guess many of us would like to think we know how this kind of thing works whereas we in fact don't. @SPItfire....you are right mate at the same time we are the ones running around like headless chickens whereas we could just wait for Tru Blue to give confrmation......we are the ones trying to second guess.......

But a lot of us actually dint turn into headless chickens until this week or last week. We were proper, un-decapitated roosters until the whole UK confusion got serious last week with different retailers saying different things, and no release date in sight for UK and NA while the rest of the world has already put in their pre orders

Let's be clear and be fair - sniperdave was hysterical from the 1st post and went off less than half cocked.

Let's also be clear, despite appearances, that he has no more knowledge than anyone else here.

Mmm, bit one-sided Ross I have to say. You do your own bit in keeping that little war going.

It is anyway all such a shame that cricket gamers are once again bickering amongst themselves talking about all the wrong things; I just hope we can be talking about what a great game it is within the next couple of weeks.

Poor petal. You're getting it either at launch, or around a week later.

It's not like it's been cancelled. The overreaction is ridiculous.

snowy last thing i want to do is start a war with you too, but i would say that we have got these dates from retailers only nothing from the publishers. we have been told repeatedly, by @Ross and you and others, don't listen to the retailers, listen to the publisher. @Ross likes to point out how some retailers said Ashes was shipping when it had already been delayed...

in the absence of anything from the publisher, we can't know we're getting it at launch, or a week after. and that is where the frustration is coming from. it's 6 days from the "launch", only one UK retailer has that date listed... it makes it look unlikely from a UK perspective. it's 13 days from the "other" date that's been listed, but again, we've been told repeatedly not to listen to retailers.

If I've done something wrong then I'm the first one to come on here and take my licks, history shows I always front up.

In this case I don't believe I deserve what I'm copping on a page after page basis, especially as I am not at liberty to defend my self, but I am still here regardless.

I will say it again for the very hard of hearing, If I was a publisher I would not need a publisher.

If I've done something wrong then I'm the first one to come on here and take my licks, history shows I always front up.

In this case I don't believe I deserve what I'm copping on a page after page basis, especially as I am not at liberty to defend my self, but I am still here regardless.

I will say it again for the very hard of hearing, If I was a publisher I would not need a publisher.

You are not copping anything. It's Tru Blu and the publishing strategy that folks are pissed about.

This is a thread about the UK release, not blockerdave (as much as he'd love that).

Well everyone can post what they like within reason even if it isnt directly on topic.

However we may feel about the release and the PR and all that; I for one don't understand why so many are treating Ross like enemy number one, as if he has suddenly taken something from you. He hasn't.

Nowt, zilch. If anything he is a victim of his own openness and willingness to keep us abreast of what is going on. He is now in another position and cannot tell us.

Let us respect that and remember how brilliant he has been throughout all of this. I am sure he cares not two figs about my support or not but that is the way I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Totally agree Couldn't of said it better myself :)

Last edited:
Well everyone can post what they like within reason even if it isnt directly on topic.

However we may feel about the release and the PR and all that; I for one don't understand why so many are treating Ross like enemy number one, as if he has suddenly taken something from you. he hasn't.

Nowt, zilch. if anything he is a victim of his own openness and willingness to keep us abreast of what is going on. He is now in another position and cannot tell us.

Let us respect that and remember how brilliant he has been throughout all of this. I am sure he cares not two figs about my support or not but that is the way I see it.

I have to ask again, who has taken any digs at Ross? I don't see too many posts taking shots at Ross, but calling out the release date fiasco and the publishing "strategy".

Don't worry blocker, I don't want to get involved in one. We've already had ours anyway. Just from a complete outsiders perspective, I understand the frustration for the UK guys, but based on some of the stuff being posted by Ross and others, it doesn't look like you'll be waiting much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread