CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

crash

hey boss,
the game is fine without the patch but as soon as i install the your patch, the game fails to open..can u pls offer some suggestions?

With The Crashing Of Cricket 2005 I Have The Same Problem With Tutsi Gameplay 2 I Am Don't Sure Why

hi boss,

played with your patch, i can say it is an awesome patch. but a bad thing which it got is that cpu spinners, our spinners are not powerful as them and also our spinners are not as good as them. the problem is that cpu spinners bowls a line on which if i have to play covedrive or staightdrive or any e.t.c shot the bowl goes stright to the keepers hand by taking edge, that make me real annoyed, that means we cannot play any shot on them except sweep or leg glance... so if you can fix that it will be real grateful.

replies on 31.08.2005, 8.40 p.m. IST

dazza76 said:
i think i will give your patch a try. it seems to have some good reviews.

You're welcome to try my patch.

Coopa said:
I think the Patch Makers have done their best before the fielding changes, bowling line and length changes.

I wanna see real full tosses more easily punishable though.

AND PLEASE IF YOU COULD DOUBLE THE SPEED OF THE BOWLS THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I want fast bowlers to scare me and make me play rash shots instead of the normal wait...............then play formula

although i increased the speed of all the bowlers in cgpv1, still can increase it if u wish. but that will be in HARD MODE only. and already the full toss can be easily go for runs,.

Iambesk said:
**EDIT** Ok, perhaps you should just ignore everything I just wrote... It appears that I mis-installed your fields and perhaps that was what was causing the bowlers to go crazy. I forgot to tell WinRAR NOT to keep the paths when extracting. Sorry about that misunderstanding, Boss. Back to more cricket now!

**2nd EDIT** Geeze, I'm a complete idiot. Seems I was still using Eddie's Test batting patch. I didn't even install your .big files in to the appropriate location. I'm really sorry about that. Please forgive me...

never mind mate!!!, u may test my patch when ever u wish...

raghavi26 said:
hey boss,
the game is fine without the patch but as soon as i install the your patch, the game fails to open..can u pls offer some suggestions?

robertporter said:
With The Crashing Of Cricket 2005 I Have The Same Problem With Tutsi Gameplay 2 I Am Don't Sure Why

don't have enough time to chk the thread!, isn't it guys?. The crash bug was solved and fix patch already released. chk the link: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=193607&postcount=112

hope this will help!.

faraz haider said:
hi boss,

played with your patch, i can say it is an awesome patch. but a bad thing which it got is that cpu spinners, our spinners are not powerful as them and also our spinners are not as good as them. the problem is that cpu spinners bowls a line on which if i have to play covedrive or staightdrive or any e.t.c shot the bowl goes stright to the keepers hand by taking edge, that make me real annoyed, that means we cannot play any shot on them except sweep or leg glance... so if you can fix that it will be real grateful.

nice to see u again mate!!. thank u for u'r app and com. Ya!, i agree with u'r comm. after playing few matches am also find very difficult to play the spinners properly without edges. Soon that will be fixed in the upcoming version...

O.K. Guys!, need more rev/comm/fb...

Boss

Last edited:
Boss,your patch is nice but still I find hitting sixes easier even in hard mode so in next patch hitting six should not be easy.And increasing bit more speed,swing,seam and edges in hard mode will be nice idea.

A guy said that hitting full tosses is tough and I think it is so because in multi play game it is so difficult to handle slow full tosses of spinners so may be increasing the power of backfoot pull shot is the way to go.Besides,if you bowl cpu continuoously full toss,sometimes he tries to pull it on legside for six hit shot and miss it but when he plays straight for six hit shot then he plays nicely.Can you tweak it that mostly cpu plays it straight.

These are just my suggestions for further improvement.Overall your patch is really cool ,keep it up.

Yorkshire_No1 said:
So is there definately no chance any patcher can edit the medium pace bowler pitching a short ball. It can egt them all out with ease

That seems to be correct Yorky.
I have stopped bowling medium pace all together.
Kinda reflects reality as it is mostly Quicks and spin
in cricket these days anyhow :cool:

Damn... how did i miss this thread..:rolleyes:
Bossy i just saw your thread and i just rushed in

i read earlier posts..seems like i have missed hell of a lot..

anyways..boosy hope u remember me :cheers i used your C2k4 patches.. hope this one gonna second them.

i don't know weather u belive me i vertually gave up playing
C2k5. i was waiting for u to come up with a patch...

with all due respect to other ai patch creators they don't impress me hell of a lot man.

looks like u have lot to do.. the game is full of bugs..

i'll downloaded all u'r attachments i'll try them out and let u know...

but bossy pls try to do somthing about the missfielding i have heard that it can't be fixed with ai.. but i'm counting on u mate

have a nice time

Ok, I installed your patch and correctly this time I might add. :D Anyway, batting is really good. Up until the top 5 in my lineup get out, I was slaughtering poor 'ole Bangladesh with New Zealand. Not only that, but I think Fleming was actually really good against spin bowlers like he is in real life. I actually scored several runs off of their spin bowler (forgot his name, sorry). So that's definitely a big improvement. Spin bowlers were a nightmare for me before.

I haven't tried bowling in an ODI yet, but as far as test matches go there are both good and bad things. First of all, I like what you've done with the bowling cursor. Really nice. I only bowled a short time, though, because had I kept bowling it would have just been wrong beyond belief. I got the top two batsmen out within minutes. The score was 4/2 and 3 of those runs came from my no ball deliveries. The batsmen just defend way too much in a test. This probably wouldn't be the case in an ODI, but they kept doing the 'jump up' block shot (up and back foot maybe?). That's how I got one of the wickets, in fact. He jumped up too much and the ball went under his bat and took his wicket. I REALLY wasn't trying anything fancy either. It was Butler who took both wickets. I'm not sure if you can fix this, but if you can get them to bat more aggressively in a test, that would be great. At least the top of the order. ;) Keep up the good work.

replies on 1.9.2005, 8.40 p.m.IST

Yorkshire_No1 said:
So is there definately no chance any patcher can edit the medium pace bowler pitching a short ball. It can egt them all out with ease

In Swinger said:
That seems to be correct Yorky.
I have stopped bowling medium pace all together.
Kinda reflects reality as it is mostly Quicks and spin
in cricket these days anyhow

Although, it is possible to change the speed, bounce, swing of the medium pacers , it's not possible to edit the way they bowl(parti line and length). may be in future, after we unleash all the player parameters in roster file, then we have a chance.

Hero said:
Boss,your patch is nice but still I find hitting sixes easier even in hard mode so in next patch hitting six should not be easy.And increasing bit more speed,swing,seam and edges in hard mode will be nice idea.

A guy said that hitting full tosses is tough and I think it is so because in multi play game it is so difficult to handle slow full tosses of spinners so may be increasing the power of backfoot pull shot is the way to go.Besides,if you bowl cpu continuoously full toss,sometimes he tries to pull it on legside for six hit shot and miss it but when he plays straight for six hit shot then he plays nicely.Can you tweak it that mostly cpu plays it straight.

These are just my suggestions for further improvement.Overall your patch is really cool ,keep it up.

thank u mate for u'r app and sugg!. Ya!, will make the timing of a 6 hit a bit tough in HardMode- cgpv2 and also will make bowling more intr. will also look to increase the power of bf shot and the random selection for more str shots to take the spinners well.

Damn... how did i miss this thread..
Bossy i just saw your thread and i just rushed in

i read earlier posts..seems like i have missed hell of a lot..

anyways..boosy hope u remember me i used your C2k4 patches.. hope this one gonna second them.

i don't know weather u belive me i vertually gave up playing
C2k5. i was waiting for u to come up with a patch...

with all due respect to other ai patch creators they don't impress me hell of a lot man.

looks like u have lot to do.. the game is full of bugs..

i'll downloaded all u'r attachments i'll try them out and let u know...

but bossy pls try to do somthing about the missfielding i have heard that it can't be fixed with ai.. but i'm counting on u mate

have a nice time

thanks to hear from u nirmal again!., i remember u well!. u'r welcome to try my patch and am always eagerly waiting on u'r comm/rev/fb. Yes!, the misfielding can't be tweaked by plain AI configs. we need to edit the player chars. for that we need to wait a bit longer....

iambesk said:
Ok, I installed your patch and correctly this time I might add. Anyway, batting is really good. Up until the top 5 in my lineup get out, I was slaughtering poor 'ole Bangladesh with New Zealand. Not only that, but I think Fleming was actually really good against spin bowlers like he is in real life. I actually scored several runs off of their spin bowler (forgot his name, sorry). So that's definitely a big improvement. Spin bowlers were a nightmare for me before.

I haven't tried bowling in an ODI yet, but as far as test matches go there are both good and bad things. First of all, I like what you've done with the bowling cursor. Really nice. I only bowled a short time, though, because had I kept bowling it would have just been wrong beyond belief. I got the top two batsmen out within minutes. The score was 4/2 and 3 of those runs came from my no ball deliveries. The batsmen just defend way too much in a test. This probably wouldn't be the case in an ODI, but they kept doing the 'jump up' block shot (up and back foot maybe?). That's how I got one of the wickets, in fact. He jumped up too much and the ball went under his bat and took his wicket. I REALLY wasn't trying anything fancy either. It was Butler who took both wickets. I'm not sure if you can fix this, but if you can get them to bat more aggressively in a test, that would be great. At least the top of the order. Keep up the good work.

thank u mate for u'r app and comm!. Ofcourse am planned to rel CGPv2 seperate versions for both ODI and Test Matches, u can expect aggressive batting by CPU in TEST matches is well.

Note:

Friends!,

u all know that am working on CGPv2. Here i introduce few new thinks to the game.

1. Leg-middle line and length bowling by CPU been tweaked a bit and make'em bowl more on off and middle- is working well so far, although there is a drawback.

2. Variety of dismissals will be more (even u can Bowled/LBW/Runout cpu batsman)

and more features abt CGPv2 in future replies...

Boss

Last edited:
boss said:
u all know that am working on CGPv2. Here i introduce few new thinks to the game.

1. Leg-middle line and length bowling by CPU been tweaked a bit and make'em bowl more on off and middle- is working well so far, although there is a drawback.

2. Variety of dismissals will be more (even u can Bowled/LBW/Runout cpu batsman)

and more features abt CGPv2 in future replies...

These are the one i always wanted in the game. Good going boss.

thats great.. get them to ball on off stump and just out side..
so we can play more cover drives which a belive the most beauitfull shot in world cricket mavan atapttu.. his greate with tha shot..

i'm waiting mate for u'r realize
:upray

My review for Boss's patch

Hi Boss ,

I have now played good enough matches on ur patch on NORMAL mode
for both test as well as one day .I certainly love ur patch because out of
all the patches i used before (with due respect to other ai creators) this one is the best .But then there are a few things which I would like u to work on for the next version firstly is the way we bat against the spinners (couldn't hit shots other than sweep and straight drive ) , secondly the bf shots need improvement just to mention here that i tried tutsi's patch v2.0 which has some exciting bf shots .Cut shots are rare since the bowlers bowl less on that length and even when they do the power of shot is very low .Infact the speed and swing of fast bowlers need to be increased a bit as they hardly get wickets infact for me a slow left arm like murali karthick takes 3 times more wickets than any fast bowler .I know that i may sound like being a critic but these are the things which would make ur patch the best in the arena and would bring a lot of happiness to the players around .

Regards,
Parijat

Bossi,is there a way to increase bowler speeds ?? Coz i have tried putting in extremely large values for bowlerspeed in the configs and yet there is no difference..Are there any other parameters to be changed ??

Users who are viewing this thread