CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

replies on 07/09/05, 9.25 p.m. IST

Hero said:
It is nice to hear boss.You are adding cool features in your patch.It is needed that cpu play in 10 and 20 over fastly.Besides,we need more edges in hard mode so sometimes even slip catch on green wicket is possible and some mistimed shots can safely landed in the hands of back fielders or miss them with some difference as these kinds of changes will enhance the gameplay.Also make shots easier against full toss balls.Keep it up dear.

Thanks for u'r comm and app mate.

1. Ya!, i make CPU to play aggressively (particularly in 20 overs match, and slog overs demolition in 50 overs match). CPU Test Match Pacing also tweaked in a way that u never get bored. At this time CPU scores abt 4 R.P.O which i think is todays trend. (Pakis smashes 60 runs in first 10 overs in Test match. :crying ).

2. definitely there will be enough slip catches/mis timed shots catches in CGPv2 hard Mode. Also few drop catches here and there.

3. It will be easy to hit full toss. so no need to panic.

shrenik said:
Hey boss could could u increse the runs cpu would make by selecting autoplay an i dont know whether this can be done or not but is it possible to increse the speed of running between the wickets so that sometimes even 3's can be taken.

Ya!, am hoping for increasing autoplay perfo in CGPv2. let us see how it will come. As of now we can't edit the player chars to modify their agility. In near future it may be possible.

saurabh said:
Could you make Cpu take risky two runs at the ends or a mixup between the runners as till now i have never got a cpu batsman runout.

Yes Saurabh!, it'll be possible to get CPU by runout with CGPv2. But it happens once in a while. Not frequently as in c2k4. As i already edited the outfiled conditions in such a way that when ever the ball nears the fence, it can't be always 4. It gives fielder a chance. In btw we/CPU can take 2/more runs.

Parijat said:
Boss ,

The batting in all modes is perfect except some power issues with the back foot shots specially square cut and late cut plus the issue with spinners .While in the bowling as i told you earlier fast bowlers take wickets after giving loads of runs infact for me macgrath takes 1 wicket normally after giving 30-40 runs in 3 overs where as slow bowlers specially slow left arm bowlers have a bowling analysis of 2-4 runs and 6 wickets in 3 overs this is very unrealistic either the cpu does not know how to play slow left arm or my tactics of bowling is too gr8 I believe the later is not true .Again the cpu bats xtremely aggressive in first few overs in a 50 over match but the same aggresiveness is not seen in a 20 over match when it is more needed .
I think I have put a lot many points for you to ponder on hope you carry on your xtremely goodwork to overcome these problems and prove it that you are a boss ..........eagerly waiting for your 2nd patch .

Thank u for u'r extensive comm mate. For every ongoing patch, am always like to provide my best. Surely in cgpv2 u will see nice pacing in 20/50 overs ODIs as well as Test matches accordingly and also CPU/We can play spin better than before. Not to forget, BF Shots now can be played easily. Hope all of u will like CGPv2.

JUST 4 Days To Go for CGPv2...

Boss

Last edited:
Cheers Boss!!

I just had a 50 overs bash at the Aussies with England and I was about 120/1 after the 1st 15 overs. It felt quite good to be able to cover drive/on drive plenty of fours to pitched up balls. McGrath too bowled a few wides(not too many) at very start of his bowling, as if he was loosening up. After that runs were harder to score as the field restriction was relaxed, the only problem for me run outs but thats not your fault its the stupid supermen fielders AI, its not just the speed of them that annoys me its the accuracy. Not with this patch, another game yesterday I even witnessed the fielder scoop a ball that was pitched just in front of him and as he was diving forward full length without any arm backlift scooping the ball he lobbed it from edge of the square direct hit. It was absolutely hilarious, any chance you could just tweak the accuracy of the fielders to be a bit more normal?
Back to patch AI seems pretty good as Im not struggling to make runs by six hitting all the time with power shots, it felt like a proper match with Vaughan/Trescothick driving lots of fours early on with nice timing, speed of shots felt right and occasional leg glance for four piercing square leg/midwicket fielders nicley. Other fielder peircing was sweet only occasionally most runs coming with straight drives, sweet on.
of all patches played this seems the best cheers boss, keep working on shot ranges and realisticness, Tutsi's patch not bad, unrealistic strength of shots sometimes, especially back foot but not bad, and eddies patch has some shots nicely tweaked, i think eddies was more promising than Tutsi's , just shot strength nearly but not quite maybe needing a bit more strength, fractionally. Sorry for essay fellas, Go on Boss lad!!

Replies on 08/09/05, 8.25 p.m. IST

Six-Hit said:
Cheers Boss!!

I just had a 50 overs bash at the Aussies with England and I was about 120/1 after the 1st 15 overs. It felt quite good to be able to cover drive/on drive plenty of fours to pitched up balls. McGrath too bowled a few wides(not too many) at very start of his bowling, as if he was loosening up. After that runs were harder to score as the field restriction was relaxed, the only problem for me run outs but thats not your fault its the stupid supermen fielders AI, its not just the speed of them that annoys me its the accuracy. Not with this patch, another game yesterday I even witnessed the fielder scoop a ball that was pitched just in front of him and as he was diving forward full length without any arm backlift scooping the ball he lobbed it from edge of the square direct hit. It was absolutely hilarious, any chance you could just tweak the accuracy of the fielders to be a bit more normal?
Back to patch AI seems pretty good as Im not struggling to make runs by six hitting all the time with power shots, it felt like a proper match with Vaughan/Trescothick driving lots of fours early on with nice timing, speed of shots felt right and occasional leg glance for four piercing square leg/midwicket fielders nicley. Other fielder peircing was sweet only occasionally most runs coming with straight drives, sweet on.
of all patches played this seems the best cheers boss, keep working on shot ranges and realisticness, Tutsi's patch not bad, unrealistic strength of shots sometimes, especially back foot but not bad, and eddies patch has some shots nicely tweaked, i think eddies was more promising than Tutsi's , just shot strength nearly but not quite maybe needing a bit more strength, fractionally. Sorry for essay fellas, Go on Boss lad!!

Welcome to PC family mate!. Thanks for u'r app as well as rev. Nice to see u enjoy the patch. Make sure u'll update this patch with CGPv2 which will be due to release on Monday. That will make u enjoy the game even more. Abt the Fielding prob: As of now, we can't edit the fielders attributes like agility, speed etc due to tough to crack hex. Any how, some one will find the way and put the light that will be more than fruitful.

Abt the thread: More than 150+ replies along with 5800+ views with in 22 days. Still the thread didn't get even a single star rating. Need to do anything spl?. :help

Just 3 days to go for CGPv2.

Boss

Last edited:
Hi Boss ,I hope you are going nicely with your version 2 which is due to release in few days.I want to give you one suggestion that arrange your field in such a way that taking 1 or sometimes 2 is easy .But hitting boundries is not so easy and hitting sixes really need proper timing and suitable delivery etc.I t will enhance the gameplay really.

hey boss.......take ur time.........im sure ull make the game much more realistic

sorry am a novice here....
do i only need to extract the big file to the Cricket 2005 folder? How do i know it has worked properly?

Common bro.. make it closer to a perfect patch.
we all are counting on u pal....

hazard1899 said:
sorry am a novice here....
do i only need to extract the big file to the Cricket 2005 folder? How do i know it has worked properly?

yea man just extract them to where u'r exe is...
u don't have to know... u'll fell it when u play more and more

sounds great

Boss. am eagerly anticipating next update. would it be possible for you to slow the outfield down a little bit. i find that as soon as it beats the infield it's 4. am thoroughly impressed with your first patch though and can't wait for the next one.

waiting for next upgrade, specially a little more edges to the keeper if possible boss.
thanks!!

Hey Boss - I am enjoying the patch lots thnaks v much. Any chance you could briefly outline the changes made?

Also is there any chance you could make the hook, square cut and late cut easier to hit? I have not once managed to hit a square cut on any occasion. Virtually impossible. With more variaity of shots this game will be much better. So far its just cover drives and the odd leg glance because the other shots are so hard to play!

Changes to new patch would be much appreciated!

James

Thnks a lot Boss, U seem to be the boss at work as well. Plz help me with the following if possible::----
1) The Computer bowls a lot on the leg side. Can u make it bowl a little more offsidish.
2) Can u make the square cut for spinners as well as quick bowlers more realistic. For the spinners it is extremly fine towards third man, can u make it more square.For the quick bowlers it is really hard, can u make it easier (I have hit a 4 jst once).
3)Cpu bowls a lot of overitch deliveries. Can u make it bowl shorter.
4)Also advance shot is it possible to play the Ganguly shot (over covers or point).
5) The Reverse sweep also lacks power can u plz rectify it.

Users who are viewing this thread