Champions League T20 2013

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
T&T are out of the tournament. Only two teams left. Each team contributed their high for entertaining a Cricket fan. The team about I never heard before 'Otago' shown great piece of Cricket Thanj them. T&T beaten CSK, that what was the exact moment whem I realized its really champions' trophy. A crazy match between Otago and Lions, stunned me. What a match it was! Nice entertainment by 'Titans' & 'Sunrisers' as well. All played a nice role in the tournament. Some days before I mentioned CLT20 as a boring league. But in the end "IT'S AWESOME".

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
So Tendulkar and Dravid will be bidding goodbye to the shorter format together by trying to win the CLT20 for their respective sides. Dravid is bidding goodbye to all forms of top flight cricket. #RespectToTheseLegends

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
It will be RR winning the clt20 for sure Bcci wants all its legendry players to bid farewell in style so thinking that i feel its RR and since Little master still plays for India in tests so his turn will be waiting for a fair farewell

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Proud to see how T&T put up the show without their main players. Yesterday's match might have been in the bag but for some great hitting by Smith.

I'm backing RR to win this despite the fact they would not be playing on their happy hunting ground of Jaipur. Sachin has done little as a player and I would like to see a perfect finish for The Wall. That said, Brad Hodge's injury is a huge blow to their chances. They will be hoping for someone to fill up his shoes and that MI are tired enough not to be able to perform their 100% since it will be their 2nd match in as many days.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No more holy trinity of Indian batting in colored jersey. Its a really emotional moment for me and I am sure every Indian cricket fanatic feels the same way :noway

I will probably spend the day watching cricket videos of the fab five now

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
RD's final ever game should have been in whites. Nonetheless, it was emotional watching RD raise his bat and being applauded off the field by the opposition and his team mates alike. Sachin will atleast play tests, but this was RD's final ever cricketing appearence. Raise the toast to him! What a career! Even in T20, he carried his team through adversities like the spot fixing saga, Sreesanth, etc. Made his team play really competitive, and ended runners up of the Champions League.

nandu saju

School Cricketer
MI won the champions League :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap!!! A mammoth 202 runs was made by them . The start was pretty ordinary with Smith getting 44 off 39 deliveries and Tendulkar 15 off 11 . But thanks to to the middle order , It was just ruthless hitting from Rohit Sharma,D Karthick,Maxwell and Rayudu.Pollard and even Harbhajan did well with their short aggressive innings.

----------

RR looked to be cruising to a victory as young malayali Sanju Samson and Rahane put out a stunning treat with the bat .But once both of them got out there was nearly no one to take on. Dravid , playing his last match, Pushed him down the order but he got out for just a run.Finally with wickets falling in quick succession ,they got out for 169 falling 33 runs short.

----------

The runs scored by the legends are just identical with their scores in the first game,Sachin 15 and Dravid 1 :rolleyes:rolleyes

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Great win 4 MI, but hard luck for RR as well as Dravid. :facepalm

MI Only team to win CLT20 twice n 2nd IPL team to win IPL n CLT20 in same year ! Feels really bad for Samson, Tambe and Rahane :(

By the way, champions league was all about Mumbai... MI is champion team, Mumbai's best batsman ajinkya rahane and Mumbai's best bowler pravin tambe, off course Dravid's guidance mattered for them to perform so well. :cheers

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Great win 4 MI, but hard luck for RR as well as Dravid. :facepalm

MI Only team to win CLT20 twice n 2nd IPL team to win IPL n CLT20 in same year ! Feels really bad for Samson, Tambe and Rahane :(

By the way, champions league was all about Mumbai... MI is champion team, Mumbai's best batsman ajinkya rahane and Mumbai's best bowler pravin tambe, off course Dravid's guidance mattered for them to perform so well. :cheers

If you take it literally by the year, then probably yes. But technically, the CSK were the first team to win the IPL and CLT20 back to back. The Champions League was scrapped the year CSK won the IPL. And the next year the CLT20 happened, CSK won it.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It was actually the year the Royals won the IPL that had no CL, cancelled because of the 2008 Mumbai attacks I think it was.

Users who are viewing this thread