Changed Tournaments - sav's and demands!

International Season News

Ok Guyz!

The week we all had been waiting for has come. Yes during the next week(probably by Wednesday) I should be able to present the first version of International Season as a sav. I am calling it the first version coz it will have some parts which will be later upgraded. But this first version will have the following features:
1) 14 International teams competing against each other. Division 1 starting with 9 test playing countries(I don't count Bangladesh as one) - in both Test Matches and ODI. To accomodate the format 4 A teams from Aus, Ind, Pak and SA have been added.

2) Each team shall play 2 Test matches against every other team in the division. And as a league they will play 2 ODI's against every other team in the divison.

3) A Knockout Tournament little bit resembling ICC Knockout 2000(Nairobi).

4) Every team shall be playing 9 matches home and 9 away. For Intl teams Home stadia are chosen as the most reknowned stadia of the country. In case of some country's home stadia being absent in the game - they will be accomodated by other countries which have a surplus of stadia.e.g. Nairobi's home shall be Sharjah.

You can expect in later versions:
1) that the dates will be tweaked properly and all the stadia provided by the game shall be used properly.

2) A season that is more resembling to two years of international cricket calendar is served up. For this I'll need some help from volunteers who can think up such long schedules. Anybody?

So guyz stay tuned!!!

sachin man it will be awsome keep it going wish you best of luck

Can't Wait for this international season!! i appreciate the hard work das_vicky, sachin and other members did for us..

Cmon Wednesday!!!

btw. sachin will it be a .sav file or an exe file? also can i play as pakistan?

it will be a zip of 18 sav's. One for each team as user(yes one can want to play as Canada too:) ).

I think Vicky is working hard on something that can be started without editing the sav's. That is high level of programming and out of my reach. I can change a few hex values here and there and use it to a good effect(I presume).

Faraz thanks for the offer to help. Well first - good news for u and other sav editors - I shall compile a list of stadia codes and put it across in the Hexing Up thread by Wednesday. If you wanna help me with the Season that resembles two years of International cricket then you have to think up an International Schedule of test tours and series, with equal distribution amongst all teams. The only oneday tournament you can have is Knockout Trophy(in the C&G format). So in all there should be 144 test matches, 144 Odi matches(played in series of 3,5 or 7) and one one-day knockout tournament.

thanks faraz...btw there's one slight problem with the Season though...somehow I can get all the test matches right...I mean the standings for them are recorded and at the start of each match proper logos are shown and stuff like that...

but in National League One day matches there seems to be a problem...
1) Before the match starts(in the menu where u press "continue") the screen doesn't show the logos...instead big white boxes come up...
2) The standings are not noted...all the other stats are...but standings are not recorded...so the user might have to keep a track of them by himself(just in case u want to).

I am trying hard to remove this flaw but its quite a sticky wicket this...so I just wanted to ask you all if it is ok if I release the Season's first version with this flaw and try to improve on it in the next one...or should I wait to try and remove it before releasing the first one...pls lemme know the public demand...

Also, anybody knowledgeable, colin, das, anybody - can you think of a reason why this is happening? if you can pls help me out here....thanks...

sounds great sachin, just wondering to install, would it be a simple case of replacing the sav that you want to?

e=mc, you must be more patient, i have seen you over the forums and always you arent patient, dont take this harshly though as i have seen people do!

Users who are viewing this thread