Cheapest place to buy the Ashes 09 in UK?

May have already been posted but here's the cheapest place I can find for PC version Play.com

?17.99 free delivery got to be a good deal?

May have already been posted but here's the cheapest place I can find for PC version Play.com

?17.99 free delivery got to be a good deal?

Excellent! If Play.com have now matched Zavvi and are releasing at ?17.99, then that's where I'll get it from. I have always found Play.com to be reliable and very quick. All I need now is a good demo and I'll preorder it.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Hey fellas greetings from Germany. I just wanted to know whether you guys have any idea whether this game will be available in Germany? If it is available can someone tell me what is the best deal I can get?
Sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker :)

Play.com (if they ship to Europe - I think they do). ?17.99 for PC version there, cheaper than Gameplay.

Edit: They do ship to Germany, free delivery, 7-10 days.

Last edited:
Excellent! If Play.com have now matched Zavvi and are releasing at ?17.99, then that's where I'll get it from. I have always found Play.com to be reliable and very quick. All I need now is a good demo and I'll preorder it.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Play.com (if they ship to Europe - I think they do). ?17.99 for PC version there, cheaper than Gameplay.

Edit: They do ship to Germany, free delivery, 7-10 days.

Thanks a ton mate :)

GAME have the boxs out for ashes cricket 09 and the back is just like 05 and 07 :cool:

Last edited:
I think people who are ordering online should be aware of their store customer reviews. Zavvi had cheapest price but if you see the reviews on the google its so horrible. Be careful though if you do:D

Zavvi reviews | Customer reviews of Zavvi

Zavvi www.zavvi.co.uk Review in Online Music / CD Shops at Review Centre

shopto has better review and nearly same price for PC's but just its shipping charge varies.

ShopTo www.shopto.net Review in Online DVD, Video and Games Shops at Review Centre

Get it from play.com. Same price as Zavvi and you won't have a problem ordering from them.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

GAME have the boxs out for ashes cricket 09 and the back is just like 05 and 07 :cool:

Placeholder boxes.

?37.30

On Zavvi thats the cost if you want to preorder the game. Wow thats awesome and for those who do not know thats under 70 dollars with shippin in the 37.30. Now im lovin Zavvi lol

?37.30

On Zavvi thats the cost if you want to preorder the game. Wow thats awesome and for those who do not know thats under 70 dollars with shippin in the 37.30. Now im lovin Zavvi lol

For PC version, Play.com is the best place and it's slightly cheaper for the consoles as well. Plus, Play.com hasn't recently come out of administration, so I wouldn't touch Zavvi until I know they're properly back on their feet.

It's now ?17.96 on Amazon with free super saver delivery (PC Version)

If you after this go to game trader if there is one in your area they order there games from the UK alot of the time and if its 7 Aug in UK they will have it on that date at game trader. Usuually beat EB on the dates, which could and has in the past forced EB to bring out there games early.

Gametraders in Sydney are releasing on 13 August so unfortunately won't work... thanks anyway...

anyone able to answer my earlier question... ie. cost and time for shipping from the UK to Oz

I would get it from play.com sometimes they send you the game 1-2 days before release whereas other retailers will ship it off the they day its gets released and you wouldn’t be able to get it until after the weekend

This applies for people from the UK. I have managed to get the PS3 version for ?28.79 in Argos with delivery free on the 7th August. This is only available when you pre order the game, so you will need to do this in the next week or so.

Thanks.

Im on the argos website and it says ?35.99 for PS3 version

Yes it will do. Go through to pay and type in "game20" in the apply discount box near the end of the process, then it will reduce the amount accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread