Story [coach2007] Friendship series: Australia in India (Aus lead 1-0, India 580/8 d2 T2)

Who will win the ODI series?

• Total voters

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great batting by Australia, Rogers in particular. Nice update that... It was a good read. Nice stuff.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great batting by Australia, Rogers in particular. Nice update that... It was a good read. Nice stuff.

Yes, relatively easier writing a story with a management game because I can play it much faster :) Also the scores and scoring rates tend to feel more realistic...

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
this gilly and watson partnership could be devastating

good work
and i think a tip is centre your pictures

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Chapelli's thoughts - with Harsha Bhogle (analysing day 2)

Ian2520Chappell.jpg
1181211332454harsha_bhogle_210.jpg

Harsha:
Australia have taken serious control of this game, haven't they, Chappelli?
Chappell: I don't think so... India still ahead marginally and a couple of early wickets could spell a collapse for Australia. And remember, they have to bat last on this wearing wicket.
Harsha: Great innings by Chris Rogers. He looks very promising doesn't he?
Chappell: This experience should do him good and he looks like he could be the next opener for Australia if he continues this good work. A lot of competition for the top places is good. The selectors will be keeping a keen eye on him and Phil Jaques.
Harsha: And India's bowling... you were disappointed with it?
Chappell: It was a struggle on a flat wicket, but really they should have got at least a 120-150 more runs in the first innings and Australia could have been in real trouble here.
Harsha: And how do you see this match going from here on?
Chappell: I think if Australia get a lead of about 100-150 runs, India could be in deep trouble. India must seize the initiative early tomorrow.

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
yea i agree with that....If India dont take early wickets they are in trouble
come on Kumble lead your men

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Guys there is a serious bug in this game where play is extending to way beyond the alloted time on day 2. I went past 6pm and then past 8pm and now at 3 am in the morning and still the game continues. :o

What an annoying bug :mad: I'll finish this game, but I probably won't continue this story as the gameplay in Cricket Coach is seriously buggy.

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
hahahahahahaha 3AM
maybe just cut the story if it will be hard
but if you can continue please do this is awesome

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
India fight hard and set Australia a challenging target of 194

Match Summary
CricketCoach2008-01-1113-41-35-81.jpg

Australia batting 1st Innings

CricketCoach2008-01-1113-33-36-66.jpg

India Bowling 1st Innings
CricketCoach2008-01-1113-33-44-24.jpg

India batting 2nd Innings
CricketCoach2008-01-1113-41-39-84.jpg

Australia bowling 2nd Innings
CricketCoach2008-01-1113-41-43-74.jpg

India restrict Australian total

Early on day 3, India's bowlers, particularly Murali Kartik and RP Singh halted Australia's efforts with the bat and got the last 5 wickets for less than a hundred runs. Murali Kartik's deception and guile were too much for the Australians as they got a lead of 68.

"Dada" scores a fighting 91 to get India out of trouble
78121.jpg

Sourav Ganguly took India out of a desperate situation by scoring an unbeaten battling 91, but it still leaves Australia with just 194 runs to get in the 4th innings with still a day and a half to go. His knock was much appreciated by his home crowd and has given the Indian bowlers something to work with.
CricketCoach2008-01-1113-42-15-26.jpg

An uncharacteristic knock, Dada hooked and pulled as the Aussies tried to bounce him out on a slow wicket. There were also some delightful straight drives as he battled with the lower order to put on a decent total after being in a lot of trouble early in the innings.

Australia now need 194 runs to win the match but India at least have an outside chance after this fightback.

Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Shaz and Waz - Heroes of the Day
Ravi-Shastri_173.jpg
196120.jpg

Shaz:
Well, Waz, we've had a great Test match so far, full of action...
Waz: Ya, Shaz, India fought back well with RP Singh and Murali Kartik's efforts, but 194 is not a huge target at all you know.
Shaz: And who's your hero of the day?
Waz: Without doubt, Sourav Ganguly. What a knock it was under pressure. He was unlucky to miss a century but he's at least given the bowlers some hope.
Shaz: But Australia have been impressive, haven't they?
Waz: Yes, a very clinical approach on a pitch that didn't assist their kind of bowling. Shaun Tait is easily my man of the match for picking up 8 wickets in this game.
Shaz: Not to forget the efforts of Chris Rogers.
Waz: Great knock. Without his efforts, Australia wouldn't have got to 400 and then it would have been a different match.
Shaz: Well, it's going to be interesting what transpires in the 4th innnings of this match. Till then, goodbye...

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Guys there is a serious bug in this game where play is extending to way beyond the alloted time on day 2. I went past 6pm and then past 8pm and now at 3 am in the morning and still the game continues. :o

What an annoying bug :mad: I'll finish this game, but I probably won't continue this story as the gameplay in Cricket Coach is seriously buggy.

Do you have ICC 06?

Anyway India in huge trouble. Nice innings by Dada though.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Great fighting knock by Dada :happy but Australia will win this match easily. Nice and quick updates mate :cheers

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Do you have ICC 06?

Anyway India in huge trouble. Nice innings by Dada though.

I don't have ICC except ICC 2000, which is very old... I doubt whether ICC latest versions are available in India :(

Great fighting knock by Dada :happy but Australia will win this match easily. Nice and quick updates mate :cheers
Thanks... GK...

If this bug gets fixed (game going on later than midnight!) then I could play the next match... anyway, I'll try :)

gutterman

International Cricketer
Australia should win this its a fairly low target

Users who are viewing this thread