Story [coach2007] Friendship series: Australia in India (Aus lead 1-0, India 580/8 d2 T2)

Who will win the ODI series?

• Total voters

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

BCCI Announces Friendship Tour in Aftermath of Race Row
bcci_logo.jpg
CricketAustraliaLogo.jpg

sharad_pawar_5.jpg

BCCI Chief, Sharad Pawar has announced a 2 Test series to be played in India in the aftermath of the Race row in Australia following the Syndey Test match.

Speaking to News reporters, he said that the Friendship Tour would be a welcome step to restore normal cricketing relations between the two cricketing superpowers.

Mr. Pawar stated that strict security measures would be in place for this series and assured the Australians of a warm, friendly reception in India. "Our sole purpose is to ensure that normal cricketing ties are restored between India and Australia. What happened in Australia was unfortunate, but we will do our best to forget the past and move on."

Several former Indian and Australian cricketers welcomed this series and said that it was a great diplomatic move by Mr. Pawar.

00015123-image.jpg

Cricket Australia chief, James Sutherland has welcomed this move by the BCCI and said that a lot of "wounds would heal" as a result of this move.

The tentatively proposed 2 Test Match and 3 ODI series will take place later this year:

1st Test: Kolkata
2nd Test: Mumbai

1st ODI: Mohali
2nd ODI: Delhi
3rd ODI: Chennai

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Source?

When would it take place in our already packed schedule?

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Source?

When would it take place in our already packed schedule?

See the forum, I've posted it in? ;)

I'm trying out a new story in Cricket Coach 2007... purely imaginary :p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
HAHAHHAHHAHA!

Its 11:30pm here, been up since 6. My bad:p

Good Idea for a story nonetheless:p

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Mike Hussey appointed captain - Ricky Ponting opts out of tour owing to personal reasons

57571.jpg

Australian captain, Ricky Ponting has opted out of the Friendship Tour owing to personal reasons. This has sparked off wild speculations in the media as to the reasons. Australian chief of selectors, Mr. Andrew Hilditch refused to comment and said that he respected Ponting's decision.

Without going into the reasons for Ricky Ponting's absence, the stand-in captain, Mike Hussey has promised a great showing by the Aussies in India.

"It's a great opportunity to showcase our brand of Cricket in India and I hope this series provides plenty of entertainment" he said. He defended Ricky Ponting's decision to stay out of the series. "I'm sure he had his reasons and let's not speculate on them. What's important is that this series has given us an opportunity to re-build bridges and it's great."

Several former cricketers speculated that Ricky Ponting's absence was due, in large part, to the major role he had played in the controversy back in Australia. Also Mike Hussey's image has been thought to be a big reason why he was chosen ahead of Michael Clarke for this particular series.

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
As far i know after Punter ,it was Clarke who will be captain ;) Duno .... why Huss has stepped in :p

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
As far i know after Punter ,it was Clarke who will be captain ;) Duno .... why Huss has stepped in :p
Because Cricket Coach keeps selecting him as captain, that's why :p

To be honest, I wanted the story to include Ponting, but for some reason, the game refuses to select him... :( I cannot select both the sides. I'm playing as India. So I adjusted the story as best as I could. No offence intended in case anybody is wondering :)

Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Interesting to see Hussey as captain
well he sertainly deserves it :)
good luck ;)

Good start so far. Hopefully all goes well, for you writing this story

Thanks. :)

India announces 16-member squad for Test series

270451.jpg

Chairman of selectors, Dilip Vengsarkar today released the Test squad for the Indian team. As expected Anil Kumble has been retained as captain.
  1. Anil Kumble (C)
  2. Sachin Tendulkar
  3. Virender Sehwag
  4. Rahul Dravid
  5. VVS Laxman
  6. Sourav Ganguly
  7. Wasim Jaffer
  8. Gautham Gambhir
  9. MS Dhoni (w)
  10. Anil Kumble
  11. Zaheer khan
  12. RP Singh
  13. S. Sreesanth
  14. Piyush Chawla
  15. Murali Karthik
  16. Dinesh Karthik (w)
Strangely Harbhajan Singh has been left out, while Piyush Chawla earned a recall into the Test side. When questioned about Harbhajan's absence, Dilip Vengsarkar said that "lack of form and fitness" was the reason for Harbhajan being dropped.

When asked whether his absence was in some way related to the race controversy, Mr. Vengsarkar avoided the bouncer and retaliated with one on his own: "you decide."

Both Piyush Chawla and Murali Karthik were excited at this opportunity to return and perform at the Test level. "It was unexpected, but a great piece of news," said Murali Karthik, elated.

Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Australia announces 16-member squad

Australian chief of selectors
Andrew Hilditch announced the 16-member squad for the Friendship tour. Adam Gilchrist has been named vice-captain.
  1. Mike Hussey (C)
  2. Adam Gilchrist (w)
  3. Phil Jaques
  4. Michael Clarke
  5. Brad Haddin (w)
  6. Simon Katich
  7. Andrew Symonds
  8. Chris Rogers
  9. Shane Watson
  10. Brett Lee
  11. Shaun Tait
  12. Stuart Clark
  13. Mitchell Johnson
  14. Nathan Bracken
  15. Brad Hogg
  16. Stuart McGill
Stuart McGill was excited about the prospect of bowling on subcontinent pitches again and expressed the hope that he would perform well here.

"No Mind Games" - Hussey

57571.jpg

Just before the departure of the Australian Cricket team from Sydney, captain Michael Hussey hoped that there would be no "mind games" on this tour, either on or off the field.

"We don't want any incidents this time around and we're hoping that both teams will keep it clean... for my part, I assure you that we will play honest, hard, competitive cricket..." he said.

"Treat them with respect" - Kumble
spe_AnilKumble.jpg

Anil Kumble has requested the public and the media to treat the Aussies with respect and to uphold the best traditions of Indian hospitality.

Speaking in his most relaxed manner he said "It's important that we ensure that the visiting team is treated in the best manner possible. This tour is very important in that aspect."

"We cannot afford any more unfortunate incidents..." he added. "This series should be played competitively but in a spirit of friendship and goodwill."

Users who are viewing this thread