Story [coach2007] Friendship series: Australia in India (Aus lead 1-0, India 580/8 d2 T2)

Who will win the ODI series?

• Total voters

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
That was far too easy for India, but they needed that after losing the first test. Australia need to get wickets, while India should be looking at 500+.

Good presentation.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Really it was an amazing Day 1 for the Indians and a shocker for Australia. Mindblowing batting from Sehwag and Jaffer :clap :hpraise and just look at the bowling figures of the Australian bowlers. India should be looking to score 600 and put the pressure right on the Aussies. Btw how many times have you seen that Aussies failed to take a wicket in day.

Good presentation mate.

gutterman

International Cricketer
very rarely do aussies miss out on chances to take wickets

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Really it was an amazing Day 1 for the Indians and a shocker for Australia. Mindblowing batting from Sehwag and Jaffer :clap :hpraise and just look at the bowling figures of the Australian bowlers. India should be looking to score 600 and put the pressure right on the Aussies. Btw how many times have you seen that Aussies failed to take a wicket in day.

Good presentation mate.

very rarely do aussies miss out on chances to take wickets
Thanks. Will update a bit later. :D

That was far too easy for India, but they needed that after losing the first test. Australia need to get wickets, while India should be looking at 500+.

Good presentation.
Thanks. Will try and continue along the same lines :)

Last edited:

rabbitoh rob

International Cricketer
great idea and great presentation, looking forward t the next update, the Aussies need a wicket badly.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just wondering, what if the same thing happens in our real next test match :D Its unlikely Aussie bowling to end the day without any wickets.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
great idea and great presentation, looking forward t the next update, the Aussies need a wicket badly.

Just wondering, what if the same thing happens in our real next test match :D Its unlikely Aussie bowling to end the day without any wickets.
Thanks... I've got the update ready, but I'll probably compose the post tomorrow, when I've booted my own laptop.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
End of day 2: India amass 580/8 as Wasim Jaffer scores a triple ton

Match summary
CricketCoach2008-01-1821-13-53-58.jpg

India batting 1st Innings
CricketCoach2008-01-1821-13-48-46.jpg

Australia bowling 1st Innings
CricketCoach2008-01-1821-13-51-25.jpg

05jaffer.jpg

Riding on fabolous triple ton from Wasim Jaffer, India posted a massive 580/8 at the end of day 2. Still not declared, India will want to make full use of the heavy roller on day 3 before setting Australia in to bat. Australia chipped away at the wickets with Brad Hogg bowling well on day 2.

Controversially, India have not declared their innings closed at the end of day 2, making the Aussies sweat it out for two whole days on the field. After this effort with the bat, India will want to ensure that they don't bat again in this match. With three whole days remaining and the pitch crumbling gradually, the Australians will be hard pressed to save this game.

Chappelli's thoughts - analyzing day 2 with Ian Chappell and Harsha Bhogle
1181211332454harsha_bhogle_210.jpg
Ian2520Chappell.jpg

Harsha: What a fantastic day of Test cricket it was. I think that India have really got this game under their control. What do you say, Chappelli?

Chappell:
Well, Harsha. I think India made the best use of this wicket and it's going to be a hard grind for the Australian batsmen. But you know, it's never over till it's over. The pitch is still a great wicket to bat on, you know...

Harsha: Were you disappointed that India didn't declare last evening? Surely had India put Australia in for an hour or two, it would have put a lot of pressure on the openers after being on the field for such a long time.

Chappell: Good point Harsha. I never cared much for individual records and I'm sure Kumble didn't declare to give Jaffer the opportunity for a triple ton. It's a pretty special achievement, but still, in my book you've got to win the game and for that you need to put the team ahead of individuals. I would have thought that India could have put Australia in last evening.

Harsha: And the Australian bowling? What do you feel about it?

Chappell: Really tough day at the office, but I thought Brad Hogg has done extremely well to get those wickets which at least put India on the back foot a little bit. But surely it was always a battle against the conditions and India's batting prowess.

Harsha: Thanks Chappelli. Well, that's all for tonight. We'll come back and see how India goes about in this match. Quick prediction from you, Chappelli... who will win this game?

Chappell: India should win it from here, but well, they got to take 20 wickets still and it's not an easy task to bowl a team out twice in 3 days time under these conditions.

Last edited:

gutterman

International Cricketer
superb knock by jaffer there a tripple ton wow good work Kutgw

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If Jaffer can repeat this in real life somewhere in outside the subcontinent pitches, he will definitely be rooted in Indian openers list ;)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Thanks surendar. Currently I'm taking a break from this story.

Too many other things have cropped up recently. Of course, I will finish it as soon as possible as the game is fast to play and updates are easy to provide.

gutterman

International Cricketer
its always good to have a break now and then im sure the story will still be as good when you start it up again

Users who are viewing this thread