Story [coach2007] Friendship series: Australia in India (Aus lead 1-0, India 580/8 d2 T2)

Who will win the ODI series?

• Total voters

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Australia make short work of total - India suffer massive defeat

Match Summary
CricketCoach2008-01-1115-13-35-98.jpg

Australia Batting 2nd Innings
CricketCoach2008-01-1115-13-44-47.jpg

India bowling 2nd Innings
CricketCoach2008-01-1115-13-47-76.jpg

In what should be a hard-to-digest defeat, India plunged to a 10-wicket loss against Australia at Kolkata... A lot was expected of the Indian spinners in the 2nd innings with Kumble taking the lead by opening the bowling, but India failed to make a dent as the Australian openers cruised to a 10 wicket victory.
_42298428_jaqueston.jpg

Phil Jaques helped himself to a century as the Indian bowlers toiled without any luck to defend a low total on day 4. This loss virtually seals the 2 Test series and all India can hope to achieve is a 1-1 draw by winning the next match.

Man of the Match - Jointly awarded to:
Shaun Tait
and Chris Rogers for their bowling and batting efforts respectively...
anil-kumble-pic.jpg

At the post match interview, a dejected Anil Kumble said that he expected a better fight in the second innings and that it was disappointing to concede a 10 wicket victory to Australia.

"We failed to make an impact bowling in the 2nd innings and batting in the 1st innings. And that cost us the game..." he summed up.
headshots-mike-hussey-18258.jpg

Captain Mike Hussey was delighted with the performance of his bowlers and newcomer Rogers. "We played a thorough game in tough conditions and we're proud of this victory..." he said. "There's still a lot to play for, so we'll go into the next match looking to win the series 2-0."

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Australia should knock off the 194 required for victory. The Australian team as a whole as performed well this game.

EDIT: Easy win. A 10 wicket victory is demoralising for India.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Sharad Pawar: Happy with the security arrangements
sharad_pawar_5.jpg

BCCI Chief, Sharad Pawar expressed his happiness at the security at Kolkata in the just concluded Test match and hoped that Mumbai would also gear up to host the next match. Stating that he was pleased at the spirit in which the match has been played so far, he hoped that the crowds would continue to behave well.

Chappelli's thoughts - with Harsha Bhogle
Ian2520Chappell.jpg
1181211332454harsha_bhogle_210.jpg

Harsha: What was the turning point of the game, Chappelli?
Chappell: First innings by India and then Australia's bowling performance... these ensured that it was a no-contest in the end.
Harsha: How can India come back from here?
Chappell: They have to stick to their strengths which is spin bowling. I don't see any big problems for India in spite of the loss, because if you think about it, India had a good chance to come back in the match all the time. The second innings bowling effort was very poor.
Harsha: Will Australia just take it a bit easy in Mumbai now, having secured the series?
Chappell: Which joke-book did you get that phrase from, Harsha? You're a real humourist...
Harsha: (silly laugh) ahahahaha... well, anyway, India have a lot to think about ahead of Mumbai. It's goodbye from all of us until then.

biks76

Club Cricketer
How can India lose against Australia at Kolkata?Laxman did his thing but I suppose there was no "Turbanator" this time around.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How can India lose against Australia at Kolkata?Laxman did his thing but I suppose there was no "Turbanator" this time around.

Yes, even I was thinking the same.

Also Hari, its nice to see you again in story forums! ;) I am already aware of your previous India-Aus diary. There has been a massive improvements in everything..presentation, writing, story line ... everything! Keep up the fantastic works! :clap

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Thanks surendar. It's easier to focus on the story when playing a game like ICC or cricket coach rather than a game like C 05 or C 07 because it takes far too long to finish a test match and I lose interest.

Here I'll try to continue the story as soon as I can. I can also do it in a relaxed pace and without wasting too much time.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Its sad that India are 1-0 down in this series but anyways its a Friendship series. I hope India will come back strongly in the 2nd test match. Nice story :)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Thanks gamerkid. I'm hoping to continue it, but I hope the bugs in cricket coach will be fixed before that. Is it too late to expect a patch? ;)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
2nd Test Match - Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

Ladies and gentlemen, we're at the Wankhede Stadium for the second Test match in this friendly series between India and Australia. Friendly it may be in name, but surely it's been played in a competitive spirit so far...

India will be looking to pick up the pieces after the loss in Eden Gardens, which will surely hurt them and they'll be looking to make amends. Now for the Pitch and Weather report, courtesy Ravi Shastri... Ravi?

Ravi-Shastri_173.jpg

Harsha, it's a great atmosphere and the people here are expecting an Indian comeback after that heavy loss at Eden Gardens. Most likely, I expect a full capacity crowd over the weekend, but it's already buzzing out here. The heat and humidity is quite high.

The pitch is expected to be great for batting, but already it's very dry and you can see that it will turn right from day one. In fact, it's a fair chance that this pitch will break in days 3, 4 and 5 so expect the team to bat first if they win the toss.

Team selection

Thanks, Ravi, now for the teams for the two sides. India have made a couple of changes, bringing in Sehwag for Gambhir and Chawla for Murali Karthik. Australia are sticking with a winning combination.

CricketCoach2008-01-1819-35-03-16.jpg

Match officials:
Umpires:
Aleem Dar (Pak) and Billy Bowden (NZ)
Third Umpire: S.K. Sharma (Ind)
Match Referee: Chris Broad (Eng)

Toss with the captains
Ian2520Chappell.jpg

India have won the toss and have elected to bat first. No big surprises there, Anil?

anil-kumble-pic.jpg

No, it is a flat pitch, but we expect it to get more and more difficult to bat on as the game progresses. So we are hoping for a better batting performance this time around.

Ian2520Chappell.jpg

And the changes you've made?

anil-kumble-pic.jpg

Brought in Viru as he'll bring more aggression at the top and including Piyush Chawla instead of Murali Karthik who's down with a touch of fever this morning.

Ian2520Chappell.jpg

All the best, Anil. Disappointed at losing the toss, Mike?

headshots-mike-hussey-18258.jpg

If we bowl the way we did in Kolkata, we should have a great chance here to wrap the series up 2-0. But we would have loved to have set a total here... pitch looks very dry and we can expect wear and tear...

Ian2520Chappell.jpg

Good luck to you... well there you have it... India won the toss and are batting on what looks like a great batting wicket.

(EDIT: Guys, sorry I forgot to save the first game, but I've reloaded the match now and replayed day 1)

End of Day 1: India on top - 285 for no loss as Sehwag and Jaffer take toll

Match Summary

CricketCoach2008-01-1820-54-45-47.jpg

India 1st Innings batting

CricketCoach2008-01-1820-54-36-15.jpg

Australia Bowling 1st Innings
CricketCoach2008-01-1820-54-41-18.jpg

Australia toiled away without any joy as India mounted a huge opening partnership between Sehwag and Jaffer and really took full control over the match on day 1 at Wankhede.
05jaffer.jpg
_40969337_sehwag.jpg

Sehwag and Jaffer delighted the crowd as they made the Australian bowlers toil hard on day 1 without any reward. Such was the prowess of the Indian top order.

India will now look to dominate this match by putting up a huge 1st innings total.

Sunny Speaks - Analyzing Day 1 with Gavaskar

Sunil_Gavaskar.jpg
It was a great day's play for India and I enjoyed these two openers. Sehwag was a delight to watch as usual, but what really impressed me was the Wasim Jaffer's temperament. He's really come a long way and I expect him to go on to bigger and better things.

As for Australia, they're in deep trouble and I expect India to bat on and on to post a huge first innings total. Unless something drastic happens on Day 2, I think there are only two results possible: India win and a draw. But what a great fightback by India after their terrible loss at Kolkata.

This performance will lift the Indian spirits for sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread