Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Hope Sachin spends as much time in the middle today. For the finals, he needs to bring back memories of those two back-to-back innings of 143 and 34 at 'Desert Storm Sharjah' in 1998 that ruined Australia's series.

Such attitudes have been plaguing the team for long. Test and ODI's are completely different. did you see how Dhoni has played in the ODI's? He has been in top form and has been India's top scorer.

I am not asking for the removal of Sachin, but he also must be warned that he cannot take his place for granted. His fielding is better than his other two mates (Ganguly and Dravid) but if his batting continues like this, Ganguly sounds a better option to me (at least he wont be plagued with the pressures of chasing, etc) or Dravid (who thrives in such situations, and is a steadying influence in the middle order). Honestly, it was all for the taking for Sachin. The pitch was such a flat one that we scored almost 300 runs.

1. See Sachin playing in today's game and keep quiet.
2. Everybody goes out of form in this world no matter how big a legend they are and so did Sachin for a short while.

P.S: Please don't mind my language, I dont think Sachin deserves any criticism and I feel this way very strongly because he has only very very recently gone out of form otherwise he was in fantastic knick... and he's BACK

Thats the 50 from 44 deliveries for master.Hope he'll continue his approach for Finals.Well played Sir..:clap:clap :happy:happy
We belive in Sachin.

Useless short from Sachin.Anyway nice to see him getting some run.Well played Sachin.Only 60 required..

Last edited:
1. See Sachin playing in today's game and keep quiet.
2. Everybody goes out of form in this world no matter how big a legend they are and so did Sachin for a short while.

P.S: Please don't mind my language, I dont think Sachin deserves any criticism and I feel this way very strongly because he has only very very recently gone out of form otherwise he was in fantastic knick... and he's BACK

I was just voicing my opinion, why should I keep quiet?

I never said that Tendulkar shoud be dropped. but nothing wrong in sounding out a warning to him.

Edit: Sachin GONE!!!! Oh damn!!!!

Anyways back to topic, he has spent good time in the middle today and should be good for the finals. But I feel there is nothing wrong in Dhoni sounding out a warning to the senior players asking them to come good soon. When Dhoni is batting well, he has the right to ask other players to bat well too.

Thats the 50 from 44 deliveries for master.Hope he'll continue his approach for Finals.Well played Sir..:clap:clap :happy:happy
We belive in Sachin.

Useless short from Sachin.Anyway nice to see him getting some run.Well played Sachin.Only 60 required..

No, his approach was to dominate the spinners.. It was a good delivery from Murali.

Last edited:
So Do you think that Kumble would have Shout after Dhoni and Yuvi in test series when Great Dhoni scored by average of 18.Is that sign of mature and responsible Captain?

Sachin chose wrong day to score runs. I would have loved to see these runs in finals. Now Yuvraj needs to come in with good not out score.

So Do you think that Kumble would have Shout after Dhoni and Yuvi in test series when Great Dhoni scored by average of 18.Is that sign of mature and responsible Captain?

Who said Dhoni shouted at Sachin? He just asked the seniors to start scoring runs for the team. The only thing is, he was asked a question to which he gave such an answer (he didnt mention Sachin's name, he just said "top order"). May be Kumble was more experienced to avoid such answers which might be interpreted in different ways. We all dont know everything that happens inside the dressing room.

Good cameo from Yuvraj. Hope he fires in the finals too....

9 runs to win... Crushing win for India (almost)! Hope Sachin and Yuvraj's good show today gives them more confidence. Got to deal with Uthappa now (whether to push him back down, or persist with him at the top). I guess India need to continue with 5 bowlers at Sydney (and unfortunately Munaf coz he gives less than Sreesanth).

May be Sehwag could come in for Robin Uthappa.

Yuvi was brilliant throughout his innings.Good knock and Gambhir setting new title for himself.he is really Impressive in this series..

Gambhir has been fantastic in this series. Has really cemented his spot as our No.3 in ODI's. He is a very athletic fielder too, and we have a good ODI player now

Not on many occasions but I Must say,i agree with you for your last comment.:p

We won that.We are through to the finals...Wow..Now Aussis be prepared We are coming...:p

Last edited:
Attendance for the game 3110. It was not Zimbawe against Bangladesh out there. Poor turnout for two quality international sides.

Then people say India/Pakistan are against long boring world cups. I can bet even Zim-vs-Bangladesh match in India would be attended three times more easily.

Attendance for the game 3110. It was not Zimbawe against Bangladesh out there. Poor turnout for two quality international sides.

Then people say India/Pakistan are against long boring world cups. I can bet even Zim-vs-Bangladesh match in India would be attended three times more easily.

I guess thats why they are scrapping the tri-series in favor of individual ODI series featuring Australia with each touring side. The game is much bigger in India and more passionate and so its a given that even non-Indian matches attract good crowds there.

Not on many occasions but I Must say,i agree with you for your last comment.:p

We won that.We are through to the finals...Wow..Now Aussis be prepared We are coming...:p

They should be better prepared... We got to prepare ourselves to the best of our ability. Surely we are the only team in recent times to run Australia close, and now we must translate those close wins into some well earned victories (series wins too!).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread