Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Which means Sohum I have to Weak up 2:00 clock RST..
Why I have to bare every time?..lol

Well, I can't watch the match at all live because the match starts somewhat after mid-night and I have school the next day...:crying

There you go My bro..Now its enough.I hearted on every channel about Sachin that hes time is over and ect...
I am tired I want 100 from him..Even manjrakar passed comment on him..Manjrekar.. My god...Really Indian cricket,when someone performing then he is god and when he gets bad time(Every batsman gets that)everybody after him..:(
Whatever He'll do..If cricket is religion then he is God.

Are you a Sachin supporter or a Sachin critic? I have seen him critique him in other threads, but you also say "he is god" and all that stuff...

anyways, Sachin can remain for a few more series (or season). I feel he has to be moved to the middle order to lend stability to the batting, and help the other players get accustomed to the positions that they will be batting in for the rest of their careers. We probably need to give Uthappa more time at the opening slot (he is the ideal candidate to replace Sachin when he retires). Sachin at the top puts lot of pressure on the others if Sachin fails. Right now with young blood in the team, we wont be hurt much if Sachin is in the middle order (esp. in games where batting is tough).

I think people are being a bit harsh on Sree, I mean any fast bowler on that day would have taken a pummeling, just like all ours did.

Hayden was just smashing balls on a good length, and if Sree and Dhoni didn't get Gilchrist, it would have been a score of easily over 350.

I'm glad Robin is back on form though, probably the only positive in the match for me. I still don't think Rohit Sharma should be in the line-up ahead of Manoj Tiwary or Suresh Raina, far better if they dropped him for one of those guys.

What? Are you joking? I know you like Tiwary and Raina a lot, but Rohit Sharma has been settling down quite nicely into our ODI scheme of things. This series has given us a new ODI star in Rohit Sharma. His batting is solid, cool and calculated. His fielding is tremendous (he has replaced Yuvraj at backward point in amazing fashion!). Technically he is pretty sound, and can go for the shots as well (sometimes he leaves the shot making a bit too late to take on, which he will change pretty soon with experience).

Rohit has the capabilities of playing all three formats of the game. He is 'star material'

Yes, today's game is a day game! Which means I don't have to stay awake till 5am.

Yeah, today is going to be fun for us. I get to watch the game from 6pm in the evening until 1:30am in the night and then have a good sleep (even if India doesnt win:p)

Last edited:
I don't know if Rohit Sharma is ready for Test matches ahead of Tiwary, but I think he is a fine ODI player. Of course, we haven't seen Tiwary in ODI's really, so any comparative judgment would be harsh. It would also be harsh to drop Sharma at this stage in the series, so today's lineups will be interesting.

Munaf will probably be coming back and Sreesanth will probably face the axe. Praveen Kumar might get another shot as well.

Would really like to see Tiwary back in the scheme of things - he wasn't really given a chance. Apart from Rohit's fielding, he hasn't done much.
I think Dhoni can take a day off and rest himself for the finals, giving Dinesh a chance to get a hundred, and kick Dhoni out of the team :). He'll get skip, too, of course :)

Ya Something very Unusual from team india.They won the toss and Elected to bowl!Gosh..Dadaji and Praveen in for Sreesanth and Sehwag..Well finger crossed I don't have good feeling about This Match..

Ya Something very Unusual from team india.They won the toss and Elected to bowl!Gosh..Dadaji and Praveen in for Sreesanth and Sehwag..Well finger crossed I don't have good feeling about This Match..

Considering the way Sree bowled last game, he had to be dropped for Munaf Patel. Praveen gets another game.

I hope India win today. I am confident that they can win it.

Munaf will probably be coming back and Sreesanth will probably face the axe. Praveen Kumar might get another shot as well.

Would really like to see Tiwary back in the scheme of things - he wasn't really given a chance. Apart from Rohit's fielding, he hasn't done much.
I think Dhoni can take a day off and rest himself for the finals, giving Dinesh a chance to get a hundred, and kick Dhoni out of the team :). He'll get skip, too, of course :)

Rohit didnt do much. Oh, may be I am watching some other series!!! He has batted pretty well in this series. His fielding has been awesome.

Oh Dinesh in place of Dhoni??? Whoooohoooo... Not for another 3-4 yrs (unless Dhoni gets injured). Even if Dinesh scores 4-5 hundreds, it wont be enugh to keep Dhoni out.

I want to see Tiwary, but it has to be at the expense of Sachin or Sehwag which is pretty tough.

Last edited:
Considering the way Sree bowled last game, he had to be dropped for Munaf Patel. Praveen gets another game.

I hope India win today. I am confident that they can win it.

Rohit didnt do much. Oh, may be I am watching some other series!!! He has batted pretty well in this series. His fielding has been awesome.

Oh Dinesh in place of Dhoni??? Whoooohoooo... Not for another 3-4 yrs (unless Dhoni gets injured). Even if Dinesh scores 4-5 hundreds, it wont be enugh to keep Dhoni out.

I want to see Tiwary, but it has to be at the expense of Sachin or Sehwag which is pretty tough.

What has R Sharma done? Apart from 1 inning he hasn't done much with the bat.
Fielding has been good.

Karthik should come in as a batsman. Too many aggressers, no anchors.

Tiwary deserves a go.

Sangakarra gone! PK gets him!

Last edited:
Rohit has not been an aggressor at all. He looks more like an anchor to me.

Good catch by Dhoni. His keeping has grown rapidly and he is among the most reliable wicketkeepers in the world now. If he can keep working on his wicketkeeping, he can end up as a great keeper.

Much better stuff today from Kumar.

Rohit has only had good fielding? Well I'd take that bit of catching from him. Jayawardene is one of the top batsmen in the world and his wicket is invaluable. The fact is Rohit has not done anything that warrants dropping. He's one of the few batsmen to have looked in good touch or score runs for us, and he's been fielding brilliantly, so dropping him would be extremely foolish.

Praveen with 3!!!

And by the way, Rohit Sharma is the third highest run scorer for India in this series.

Last edited:
Sri Lanka on the ropes- 93/6.
Dhoni's captaincy has been fantastic.

To think Sri Lanka was looking at 300 10 overs ago. Praveen you beauty.

Go back with the strike bowlers. No need to use Harbajan at this stage. We should look at 150 and chase it in 25 ish overs and win with 7wickest +

Last edited:
Vass gone. India just charging through this lineup.

They're playing Indian songs at the ground, lol.

Last edited:
dadaji almost gave the match away. out goes one crazy idiotic bowler who would be amazing if he could control himself and in comes a lazy idiot that could be amazing if he bowled witht he same intensity all the time

Very good captaincy from Dhoni. He has been attacking pretty well throughout this series with his decisions and today its working big time. His catching has also been superb. He started the tour in nightmarish fashion, but as the tour has gone by, he has grown in confidence and I am pretty sure this tour can be a landmark one for him in his career where he matured as a player.

Finish them soon and spare us some time guys! Australia might be lucky to have a practice game before the final.

Users who are viewing this thread