Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Anyone who thinks Dadaji deserves place in Indian team will have to fight me.

4 'o clock, on the fields:p

He does deserve a place in the Indian ODI team. He is the most economical bowlers and takes his wickets at a good average. Touching the 140kph mark, he can force the pace of a particular battle whilst conserving his energy most of the time to hit the troubling line and length just outside off stump on a length. He is horribly unfit, but he is currently the best we have in the ODI game and that is including Zaheer and RP Singh. Zaheer is poor at taking ODI wickets and RP Singh is far too expensive and erratic - I need not remind you that he went for five an over in the Tests.

I do think that he should perhaps spend a spell at the NCA after the IPL (which I doubt he will survive) and really work on fitness; specifically coming back from spells (hitting the straps in the first over instead of warming up starting at 125kph) and being able to run after the ball in the field. I also believe that if he can be able to run in every ball, the stress on his body may be less from the delivery (for technical reasons which I don't want to go into) and so he may suffer from niggles less often.

For anyone who is interested, he did not play today because of food poisoning.

No Manee. You're legend and I cant fight you.

But I will even see crapy good for nothing Sreesanth in side but not Munaf. Hes like bad fish which spoils whole pond.

But I will even see crapy good for nothing Sreesanth in side but not Munaf. Hes like bad fish which spoils whole pond.

I understand your comment about effect of morale in the team but Munaf is clearly a better bowler than Kumar and until Kumar starts hitting the runs (or ups his fielding), Munaf should command a place in the side.

It is a tough decision though. To go with a poor fielder is hypocritical but it is not so clear cut as to not pick him because he is a good ODI bowler.

Symonds was bowled by Sharma, who then as he ran down the pitch, looked at Symonds, clapped his hands and pointed to the dressing rooms. Symonds then said something back to Sharma who then said the whole f-o thing.
Uh uh. Symonds was bowled and Sharma started celebrating. Symonds obviously has too much to say so he said something to Sharma. Sharma retaliated by jumping up and down and pointing to the pavilion and letting loose of his mouth a little.

Much better batting performance from India than I expected. I had expected them to fold for 180ish. Glad to see Uthappa finally hit some form. Our batsmen need to be a touch more responsible when they just get in. Sachin, Rohit and Yuvraj didn't face 10 balls between them. That's poor.

Sri Lanka now truly have a chance to get back if they manage to upstage the Aussies. Australia are finally batting well after the pressure has gone off their back, since they are into the final.

Last edited:
It captain courageous-Ms Dhoni.He has had a go at the great Tendulakr.This is exactly how a captain should be.If players are not performing,sound out a warning to them.

He does deserve a place in the Indian ODI team. He is the most economical bowlers and takes his wickets at a good average. Touching the 140kph mark, he can force the pace of a particular battle whilst conserving his energy most of the time to hit the troubling line and length just outside off stump on a length. He is horribly unfit, but he is currently the best we have in the ODI game and that is including Zaheer and RP Singh. Zaheer is poor at taking ODI wickets and RP Singh is far too expensive and erratic - I need not remind you that he went for five an over in the Tests.

For anyone who is interested, he did not play today because of food poisoning.

Touching the 140 kph mark.That would have been the headline in the Times of India ,manee.

Conserving his energy -wtf ?
By not giving 100 % on the field - to conserve energy for hititng the off stump ? This is international cricket,not school cricket wherein you can afford to do such things.

Food poisoning-well i heard of that,hope he gets well.

I was cheering India all the way. Despite being pegged back we made the highest total while batting second at the SCG. I think definitely that if our top order fired we would have mauled this total no doubt. Despite that we batted very well and fought hard.

We should take down the Srils and really go for the Aussies. We can do this.

And special mention to Ponting, Lee and Symonds.
From India Uthappa, and Gambhir. Bhajji and Pathan could well have taken us there.

Last edited:
Uh uh. Symonds was bowled and Sharma started celebrating. Symonds obviously has too much to say so he said something to Sharma. Sharma retaliated by jumping up and down and pointing to the pavilion and letting loose of his mouth a little.

Much better batting performance from India than I expected. I had expected them to fold for 180ish. Glad to see Uthappa finally hit some form. Our batsmen need to be a touch more responsible when they just get in. Sachin, Rohit and Yuvraj didn't face 10 balls between them. That's poor.

Sri Lanka now truly have a chance to get back if they manage to upstage the Aussies. Australia are finally batting well after the pressure has gone off their back, since they are into the final.

Too right.;)

it was heartening to see the fightback by the young players inspite of the fact that India were at 50 for 4 at one stage. Really we cantt expect the middle order everytime to win us the game. If only the top order starts to contribute then only India can cash-in on the batting performance of the middle order. But then, i guess the day the top order will fire, we might see a collapse of middle order.:p
Now the game against srilanka becomes very important. I'll like to see chawla getting a match there but to make that happen I guess Sehwag have to be dropped to accomodate 5 bowlers. But I'm not in favour of droppiong him cause one inngs from his could win the match. Then I d think he is in good form and just getting out after making a start. I hope he starts to cash-in on his form coz India really needs him at top of order. Why he does'nt try to bat like a Test match inngs of his in ODI's?:D

Last edited:
Well done India! After 51/4, that was a fabulous retaliation to go down by just 18 runs. I switched off the game and went to sleep at 51/4. Gambhir is finally grabbing the opportunities in the ODI's. This series could truly cement the ODI spot as far as Gambhir is concerned. He has shown that he can play like this against Australia too.

Uthappa finally found some form. He is wasted down the order. He should open the innings or bat one down. Since Gambhir has cemented his spot at No.3, Uthappa and Sehwag should open the innings. With Sachin repeatedly failing, he should be brought down to the middle order and asked to provide the balance to the batting order (ok now dont tell me Sachin scores all hs runs at the top, when you're failing you have to make way for the players who are batting well).

We have to beat the Sri Lankans. But seeing the way we came back in this match, I am confident that we can beat the Lankans comprehensively (that is, if we continue in this vein). We should not leave it to Australia to take us through to the finals (Australia might not favor us in the final if it comes to that situation and might try to pull Lanka in).

Touching the 140 kph mark.That would have been the headline in the Times of India ,manee.

Conserving his energy -wtf ?
By not giving 100 % on the field - to conserve energy for hititng the off stump ? This is international cricket,not school cricket wherein you can afford to do such things.

Food poisoning-well i heard of that,hope he gets well.

I have seen him hit the 140kph mark several times. By conserving his energy, I mean whilst bowling.

am i missing something ?? cause, it was SHARMA who retaliated to
SYMONDS words...........

Absolutely. Sharma was just celebrating it with a "there you go" look at Symonds. Symonds doesnt like bowlers looking at him when he gets out (it seems bowlers have to bow their heads down in respect that the great man is out!) and when Sharma did the otherwise, Symo took offense. And Sharma gave it back in full measure. I like these Indian boys. They dont take anything lying down, and Sharma has illustrated it even better

I have seen him hit the 140kph mark several times. By conserving his energy, I mean whilst bowling.
Yes, he does touch the 140km/h mark. But he is a tough choice for ODI's. What goes in favour of him is that he is avery accurate bowler who can bow an off-stump line and he picks up wicket at good econoimy and average. What goes against him is a lethargic fielder and a "fill-up-the-number" batsman. So he's a tough choice as u cat ignore the fact abt him as good bowler and then u have to consider his other skills or lack of enthusiasm abt it.

I agree Munaf is a good bowlers in ODI's, but if he hasn't got fitness then there's no cricket in the long term i'm afraid...

It captain courageous-Ms Dhoni.He has had a go at the great Tendulakr.This is exactly how a captain should be.If players are not performing,sound out a warning to them.

No chance Icy..Nobody from Indian cricket can go after Sachin..Because nobody Served Indian cricket like Sachin..I know he is not performing but Dhoni is nothing in front of Sachin.

If player are not performing---if thats the case then check dhoni's average Against Aussis test..If he is so honest then he should give chance to Parthiv..

What a captain?When team won,he took credit that i went after my instinct.And when team lost he was after some players...Rubbish..

Absolutely. Sharma was just celebrating it with a "there you go" look at Symonds. Symonds doesnt like bowlers looking at him when he gets out (it seems bowlers have to bow their heads down in respect that the great man is out!) and when Sharma did the otherwise, Symo took offense. And Sharma gave it back in full measure. I like these Indian boys. They dont take anything lying down, and Sharma has illustrated it even better

Exactly. That's the attitude that nearly won us the match. I know the opposition fans will start to criticize us for this, but who gives a rat's ass when we can put in these kinds of performances.

We went down swinging, and I think we'll definitely bite harder next match!

I don't see Australia losing to Sri Lanka unless they rest half their line-up. So we are pretty much looking at an India-Australia final.

Users who are viewing this thread