Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Yes, that as the mistake. why not ? Dhoni should have spoken it in a proper manner not with that kind of attitude . He just simpl move away the mic . Why not big deal ? if any aussie player would have done that, by now here would have ben another revolt .
Yes, because the mike was the president of Cricket Australia. Get a life. Just because you hate Indian cricket doesn't mean you have to go over the top with your biased posting. If you seriously think pushing away a mike is the same as pushing the presenter off stage, then you're just looking for a fight.

EDIT: Solid win for India to get to the final. Much better than if they had crept and crawled their way there.

@ World Champions: Are you serious not to notice the humorous tone in that incident? Both Dhoni and the presenter laughed it off immediately Dhoni kept the mike away.. He probably did it because he did not want the Hindi to be heard in a population which speaks English (also it was a channel nine telecast which was an english channel).

@ sohum: i agree! i probably thought we might make heavy weather of this. but it was good to see the team win it the way they did. I am especially elated with Gambhir's form. A ODI find for us this season.

So Do you think that Kumble would have Shout after Dhoni and Yuvi in test series when Great Dhoni scored by average of 18.Is that sign of mature and responsible Captain?

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Gambhir has been fantastic in this series. Has really cemented his spot as our No.3 in ODI's. He is a very athletic fielder too, and we have a good ODI player now

True.Gambhir has been fantastic.:happy

Last edited:
Sri Lanka out of the series with only 1 win. It was always only gonna be the Aussies and Sri Lanka in the finals. Should be a fiery contest i can not wait. I hope the aussies can finally win the commonwealth bank trophy and not suddenly fall out of form in the finals.

True.Gambhir has been fantastic.:happy
Gambhir wouldn't be playing if Ganguly was in the team.

Sri Lanka out of the series with only 1 win. It was always only gonna be the Aussies and Sri Lanka in the finals. Should be a fiery contest i can not wait. I hope the aussies can finally win the commonwealth bank trophy and not suddenly fall out of form in the finals.
Typo? I remember naysayers at the beginning of this tournament (I was probably one) claiming that Australia and Sri Lanka were the top two teams in world cricket and India had little to no chance qualifying. :p

Last edited:
Awful series from Sri Lanka. Murali did nothing and when he does nothing the team does nothing, seemingly.

Awful series from Sri Lanka. Murali did nothing and when he does nothing the team does nothing, seemingly.

SL had 3 players perform in this series: Malinga, Sangakara and on the rare chance Jawardene. SL should force Jaya to go away from ODIs. They need to groom a young openner like Tharanga or Perrara.

Yes, because the mike was the president of Cricket Australia. Get a life. Just because you hate Indian cricket doesn't mean you have to go over the top with your biased posting. If you seriously think pushing away a mike is the same as pushing the presenter off stage, then you're just looking for a fight.

EDIT: Solid win for India to get to the final. Much better than if they had crept and crawled their way there.
Speaking of getting over things...

Speaking of getting over things...
I guess people here are making the matter a thing to fight for.
The presenter did'nt knew PK cant speak english so he tried to give the mike to him. Then dhoni intervened by just gesturing by hand that the mike should be moved away. Both of them understood the thing and laughed it away.
People might say Dhoni's gesture might be a bit 'brash' as seen on TV. but he was just trying to make the point to the presenter that he was translating for PK. That's it.
i know people may come with the point that Dhoni might've just told the presenter that he was translating.
So guys, if you want to fight you'll have plenty of things to fight for.:p

Me not fighting anymore.

But Im happy that India are in finals. I did not expected this Sri Lankan team to turn up in CB Series and off late they had number on India. Also surprise win against Australia has been helpful.

Lets hope we get 3 finals this time around.

Did the bowler Kumar play?

Can any non biased viewer tell me if his bowling action is a little "suspect"
Ive only seen a couple of replays from an earlier game an his action seemed a little suss to me (cant be sure from just a small glimpse)

Does he bend an straighten his elbow or is he like shaun tait, with massive wrist movement but no bending/straightening of elbow.

Did the bowler Kumar play?

Can any non biased viewer tell me if his bowling action is a little "suspect"
Ive only seen a couple of replays from an earlier game an his action seemed a little suss to me (cant be sure from just a small glimpse)

Does he bend an straighten his elbow or is he like shaun tait, with massive wrist movement but no bending/straightening of elbow.

Yeah same as Bret Lee.

Cool!

India win, Great Stuff from Praven-bhai and Ishant-bhai!

I think with our current bowling from we can win the CB series just with our bowling, anyways great to see Tendya getting back into the runs...

Users who are viewing this thread