Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Maybe also australia more than India. India had the momentum. I reckon both teams may of been saved. Still it would of been better for a result.

Yeah, the match was anyone's, If india kept bowling the way they were and had them 80-6ish then it would have probably have been India's win, whereas if Australia were 80-3, then it would have probably have been Australia's win...

Yeah. But if Australia where 5 for 80. It would be a absolute thriller. Anyway that wont happen now. The match is drawn

I don't know about my fellow Indian fans but had Ganguly and Dravid played we would've been in a far worse situation considering their form in the Tests, running between wickets and with their fielding. I thought the boy's attitudes were excellent. Sharma been an excellent find tho i was sceptical of Tiwary considering he arrived yesterday. But i have no doubt that tiwary will perform far better after a week of winding down. Surprised to see stuart clarke get dropped...

India did well with the new ball but they were 20 odd runs short of where they would like to have been. However it would of been an interesting game if the rain had not of abandoned play. I feel it would of been quite interesting since Australia were on the back foot as the team came off.

Good to see that Tiwary played. He is a good young player I have heard a lot about and Rohit Sharma looks to be to also be a fine young batsmen.

I feel that Stuart Clark should of been their instead of Ashley Noffke. Clark's line and length would still be hard to get away in those conditions and from what I have seen of Noffke he looks a bit to much of a medium pacer. I maybe wrong since he took plenty of wickets in the Australian summer.

I don't know about my fellow Indian fans but had Ganguly and Dravid played we would've been in a far worse situation considering their form in the Tests, running between wickets and with their fielding. I thought the boy's attitudes were excellent. Sharma been an excellent find tho i was sceptical of Tiwary considering he arrived yesterday. But i have no doubt that tiwary will perform far better after a week of winding down. Surprised to see stuart clarke get dropped...

Clark wasn't dropped, he had chosen not to play due to personal reasons.

BTW Hi all newbie here. :-)

Well,i dont get it.
They have a day-off tomorrow,they could have easily played the match tomorrow.
I know that India takes on sL on Tuesday,but if you have a day off you should finish off a match.

Well,i dont get it.
I know that India takes on sL on Tuesday,but if you have a day off you should finish off a match.

hmm..dear better now they don't play..i think its better for both team that their opening match didn't get result??although it could be anybody's game.

Hopes did alright until he got out, we were again relying on Clarke and Symonds to do the main share of the batting and I guess missing Hayden yet again.

India saved by the rain (again) :rolleyes:

The way Sreesanth and Ishanth were getting the ball to talk, it was more the Aussies who were saved with the precipitation ;).

Sreesanth OWNS. :)

Our middle order looks brittle. There's alot of talent in there, but I feel we're really missing a Dravid or something, to guide them through the innings.

I think Ghambir should open with Tendulkar in the next game. That way, Sehwag will play in the middle order at like number four, thus giving us some meat in that very very thin lineup.

Clark wasn't dropped, he had chosen not to play due to personal reasons.

BTW Hi all newbie here. :-)

Welcome to Planet Cricket, and I hope you enjoy your stay :D

Last edited:
Not bad at all... Had the match played without rain interruptions, India would have got owned.

Had it been played after all those interruptions, Australia would have ran the risk of losing a game they should have won (Sree and Sharma were really good, it seems). So an abandoned match helps both teams. Not the ideal start to the series but with 8 games for each team, we could be moving to more sunnier places and can hopefully see exciting cricket.

India should be happy that an abandoned match has let them get more batting practice and more time in the middle. BCCI are fools.... they should ask this team to come early to australia, get acclimatised to the conditions, if possible have some warm up match (not an international t20). having a player making his debut 24 hrs after landing into australia is just foolish. i wont blame dhoni, i will blame BCCI. dhoni used his instincts to select from whatever he had got.

Well,i dont get it.

Thats OK! Lets hope we can get a match against Sri Lanka. After that World cup defeat, I am itching for the Indians to get back at those guys.

Last edited:
I'd say I'm glad it was abandoned because I couldn't watch past the first hour or so. Also Rohit and Gambhir looked good out in the middle. Brett Lee was, of course, his amazing self.

Users who are viewing this thread