Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

I understand the comparisons with KP now. They both have the same sort of silent arrogance when they are just around the crease.

Believe me, when this guy gets going, he is as entertaining as KP, simply stunning. He just didn't seem like himself, understandable though, it was the Aussies after all.

i hope yuvi isnt fit because i want to see tiwary play.

Yeah, on cricinfo, they've made it like that he will play. Always hoping.

Thats the 1st time ive ever seen that tiwary and really he didnt look that good he fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book an something even tailenders dont fall for anymore.
Couple of short ones to force him back then try an get a yorker in there.
Yeah, I'm glad everyone else isn't judging him by one failed innings 24 hours after he landed in a foreign country, and is instead considering the fact that his impressive Ranji performances may actually mean something.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities to try out the many youngsters we have taken in our side, seeing that this ODI series is so incredibly long and drawn out. There will definitely be injuries mid-series, so I'm sure the likes of Tiwary and Raina will get a decent run.

Last edited:
tiwary is a very exciting talent,he is rated very highly in india by all most everyone who has seen him play,so lets hope he gets a chance again.

I don't know a heap about these Indian players, but i'd be selecting

Sehwag
Gambhir
Tendulkar
R Sharma
Uthappa
Dhoni
Pathan
Harbijhan
Kumar
Sreesanth
I Sharma

I'd add Yuvraj for Uthappa if he was available.

This quote made me chuckle:
A virtual world championship

Kumar Sangakkara: The CB Series features the top three ODI sides in the world, playing in a format that ensures the best will win

Wouldn't quite be calling this inexperienced Indian side in the top 3. South Africa and NZ look batter at the moment in my opinion. Hell, even England do. I mean Sri Laka just lost at home to them. Wouldn't be boasting those comments Sangakkara.

Last edited:
Personally I rate Sangakkara's comments more than you. I think having played international cricket and having played it well, he probably knows a lot more about how sides match up against each other than anyone here. For the record, I don't believe India is in the top 3 because there are too many untested players. However, I think this tour could see the rise of one or two future stars for us (I'm looking at you, Rohit Sharma).

Wouldn't quite be calling this inexperienced Indian side in the top 3. South Africa and NZ look batter at the moment in my opinion. Hell, even England do. I mean Sri Laka just lost at home to them. Wouldn't be boasting those comments Sangakkara.

We beat all 3 sides in the last year.

Australia : Commonwealth Bank Series 2007
India : Summer 2007 (4-3)
Sri Lanka : Autumn 2007 (3-2)

:cool:

The best side didn't win last time either, as Sangakkara said was ensured. He ain't the smartest cookie in the jar is he. England hit some top form and Australia hit a dip in form and were pipped after dominating the rest of it.

I think it's a shame the CB series is ending. I just think it needed shortening, not to be gotten rid of totally.

I hope Tiwary gets another game. I wouldnt rush Yuvraj into the match yet. I would give the guys another chance against Sri Lanka. The wicket is a tough one to bat on. I hope Tiwary is given another chance to prove himself. He is a bundle of talent and can help India no end if he succeeds.

The big test for these guys is going to be Murali. Our previous teams have done decently well against Murali but I am not sure if this team can match that well. Lets see!

We beat all 3 sides in the last year.

Australia : Commonwealth Bank Series 2007
India : Summer 2007 (4-3)
Sri Lanka : Autumn 2007 (3-2)

:cool:

agree,and more important was not only result but they also played without hoggard,harmission but they managed very good...

i am sure for some good records from cook and KP in coming years.;)

Yeah, I'm glad everyone else isn't judging him by one failed innings 24 hours after he landed in a foreign country, and is instead considering the fact that his impressive Ranji performances may actually mean something.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities to try out the many youngsters we have taken in our side, seeing that this ODI series is so incredibly long and drawn out. There will definitely be injuries mid-series, so I'm sure the likes of Tiwary and Raina will get a decent run.

I agree. Check out the batting averages of some of our superstars after their first three ODI matches.

Dhoni 9.50
Dravid 3.33
Ganguly 21.67
Sehwag 26.00
Tendulkar 12.00

i think india shouldnt play yuvi he isnt in form at the moment he is totally out of touch my opionion give a tiwary a go it will be much better

However, I think this tour could see the rise of one or two future stars for us (I'm looking at you, Rohit Sharma).

Could'nt agree with you more.
I think this tour will give us our Next Big 3.

i think india shouldnt play yuvi he isnt in form at the moment he is totally out of touch my opionion give a tiwary a go it will be much better

Sadly,he will be playing today.

Users who are viewing this thread