Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

^^lol well done... good guessing there (winks). As you can tell i'm a skeptic.

Sad to see another rain effected match. It would off been a good run chase for sure which Sri Lanka's batsmen. Are we going to get a full game in this series?

Rohit Sharma fined 10% of his match fee for showing disappointment at the umpire's decision (was wrongly adjudged caught behind). Ridiculous stuff, why don't umpires get fined for obvious wrong decisions?

Rohit Sharma fined 10% of his match fee for showing disappointment at the umpire's decision (was wrongly adjudged caught behind). Ridiculous stuff, why don't umpires get fined for obvious wrong decisions?

Why not fining the wicketkeeper?

Thats really ridiculous. Why did the umpire gave a wrong decision at first place and if Sangakkara knew that Rohit edged that then why did he went for the stumping?

You have to accept that wrong decisions happen and you have to get on with the game. I'm not sure about what happen since I didn't see the game myself

gamerkid22 said:

Thats really ridiculous. Why did the umpire gave a wrong decision at first place and if Sangakkara knew that Rohit edged that then why did he went for the stumping?

Again I didn't see it myself, so bear with me. If Sangakarra thought there was a stumping chance, he has every right to go for it as well so if the umpire wouldn't give the catch, he could still get the stumping.

Sad to say it, but Rohit deserved the fine. Of course factors such as it being his 6th ODI game could have been taken into consideration, but unfortunately the spirit of cricket doesn't allow you to show dis(appointm)ent if the umpire's decision blows.

Meanwhile, this article by Peter English makes some scathing accusations on Aussie crowds.

yuvraj fails again,he is having a wretched tour but he need to fire if india are to challenge the aussies.

I don't think Rohit desevred the fine.
If Micheal Clarke does not walk when he edges the ball to first slip and gets away with it,I see no reason as to why Rohit Sharma should have been fined.

Bout the umpires being fined-i don't buy it.

rohit sharma did not walk even after he was given out,micheal clarke waited till the decision was made.

Come on buddy, now leave that. I guess Gilchrist has made life tougher for other guys by walking whenever he thought it was out. Now people question everyone when it is clear that the concerned person had done a mistake in either not walking/appealing for a wrong decision. Lets leave that to the umpires.

Rudy Kurtzen gave Rohit out based on the way Sankakara appealed. I think appealing and convincing the umpires have become an art. I am sure that there was a lot of doubt if there was an edge. If Sankakara is so convinced, I agree why did he go for stumping. Putting together a great appeal to convince the umpire even though you know that there is tons of doubt is as bad as claiming an unfair catch or the batsman not walking when the whole world knows that he is out. Finally the replays showed that Rohit Sharma did not edge the ball and it was a very bad decision.

Oh god please stop. If that was Ponting you'd be calling for a life ban, and 10% is a joke. Should be at least 40%.

By the way...

Australia may have all the talent in the world, but definitely not the talent of sportsmanship. Ricky Ponting and his team are CHEATS. How can Ponting deny that he had not grounded the catch he had claimed (Dhoni). Gilchrist and Symonds knew Dravid was not out, but still appealed as if there was no way he was out. How can everyone take Symond's and Ponting's word on Harbhajan being racist? Clarke was the man who did not walk even when he edged to 1st slpip, how can his word be taken for claiming a catch?

Australia are no longer 'The Invincibles' in my eyes (I know it doesn't matter what is in my eyes). The umpiring has been biased. I know all the aussies will be flaming me. Heck! I don't even care if I get banned for a year on PC. This is utter disrespect towards India. I don't want the tour to go on.

AUSTRALIA ARE BAD LOSERS. India played very well and deserved to win, but cricket has come to such a stage that Australia have to win, even if umpires have to act like Gods.

If I were Kumble I wouldn't be able to stand within a 5 feet radius around any australian player.

ONLY ONE SIDE IS PLAYING IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME.

Keep up the great posting.
2thumbs.gif

Way to dig up a post from like so long ago used in a totally different context.

why they settled all day night matches,when they know its gonna raining all the time?
if both match started 10 am aus time then they suppose to finish it before entry of unpleasent rain???
they should think this all when they arrenging shedule?we are still waiting for opening match of the serise???dammmn.

Users who are viewing this thread