Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Meh, looks like bedtime for me. Will consider watching it after New Zealand lose the Twenty20, if it's started by then.

This is so boring... Hope something happens and they get at least 20 odd overs in for Sri Lanka (of course with help of D/L). Something should happen. Two games washed out like this doesnt sound good/

ya this sucks big time,the rain doesnt seem to be relenting.

the match has been abandoned.

Last edited:
typical queensland cant believe there still allowed to advertise as having perfect weather there slogan is beautiful 1 day perfect the next.

Ive been there twice now in summer an weather has been crap.

Western australia has more perfect weather than them

Not looking good for Friday as well. It's going to be a cool day with occasional showers from time to time. Looks like this series could go to 2 washout's each.

Not going to help Australia hold onto World #1.

hmmm atleast the indian batsmen had a good workout,should help them in the coming matches.

From the Sri lankan point of view this washout does no service as their batting hasn't had much practice- PM's 11 didn't do much with the bat and Tas rolled their batting. Their bowling wasn't too bad although i still think Bandara should've come on this tour. Amerisinghe was impressive and a good find.

Same story for India, Dhoni saving the game, but also good to see Gambhir presenting in Australian conditions, where I'd suspected he would prosper.

Amerisinghe is so good, I wonder why it's taken this long to pick him up. I mean, he might not be Glenn McGrath: Destroyer of Worlds, but still you'd think he gets enough ticks on the checklist that they could have tried him out five years ago. Their Test side in particular needs that genuine pace on a consistent good length.

I think they should avoid playing a Brisbane. Stupid rain.
Sydney actually gets more rain, though.

Last edited:
"Are you Scotland in disguise?"

Disappointing for the fans and the series. Very anti-climatic.

Users who are viewing this thread