Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

This is a mouthwatering series.India and oz have war of words both on and off field. This series is turning out to be a war.I would love to see bhajji and symmonds trying to dominate one another.

BOWLED HIM!, really unlucky for Tendulkar to get bowled. He was batting very well. Good ball by Malinga though. Caught the inside edge and dragged back onto the stumps great bowling by Sri Lanka.

BOWLED HIM!, really unlucky for Tendulkar to get bowled. He was batting very well. Good ball by Malinga though. Caught the inside edge and dragged back onto the stumps great bowling by Sri Lanka.
Huh? Are you watching an extremely delayed forecast?

We really have to go after Murali here since he still has a couple of overs left. Dhoni and Gambhir have done well to steady the ship and hopefully we can finish up strongly.

I reckon Gambhir could be our plug-in replacement for Ganguly. He's a beast against spinners and looks like he can turn it on in ODIs. Not a pathetic player of the short ball, though.

Last edited:
These two are getting quite tired now and not able to push for the big shots. As I say that Dhoni hoicks it to mid-wicket for four. :p

I'm shocked that Gambhir made a hundred, after I slated him off so much. Unreal! Twas a fine innings, but his problem was never class, but consistency. Some more hundreds would do nicely in this series.

That last ten overs were pure manic!!!! But come on, who were batting at the time? THE TWENTY20 CHAMPS!!!!!!!

When Gambhir gets aggressive, he really belts it damn hard. Thats why he is so successful in T20's. But today he showed that with some patience and real hard work, he can build an innings and take it past the 100 mark (though he was dropped on 11, he showed that he can capitalise on it which is very good!). THIS IS HIS BEST INNINGS of his career!!! At 4/83, that was awesome!

Dhoni played a true captain's knock. He has been very responsible after becoming the captain and that seems to be doing him good as he builds the innings well. He batted well against Australia too and I hope this innings brings back the old murdering Dhoni

I think we have a good total to bowl at Sri Lanka. 10 more runs would have been even better, but with our improved fielding standards (with the absence of those slow movers), I am more than satisfied with this total. Hope our bowlers can bring on the act expected of them.

I'm shocked that Gambhir made a hundred, after I slated him off so much. Unreal! Twas a fine innings, but his problem was never class, but consistency. Some more hundreds would do nicely in this series.

Same here. I thought he loses fuel after 20 overs or so, but man wasnt he good today?

Last edited:
never looked like India will score 250+ infact at one stage it looked as if India will struggle to reach 200 when they were on 83/4. But thanks to a great partnership and a much needed one between the skipper and Gambhir. Gambhir played well and went on to score his 3rd hundred :clap and Dhoni did well to stick till the end and not leaving it to the lower order batsmen. Dhoni looked in some pain after he smashed that six but i hope he keeps wickets in the other half of the match.

If India can get the wicket of Jayasurya and Sangakkara early then they are likely to win this match.

Yup, we are on a delayed telecast.
Oh man, that's a shame! How come? Other sports on?

Decent total, last 10 overs were incredible. This should be a real contest.
They were indeed impressive. I would like to have seen Uthappa unleashed in the last 3-4 but Dhoni and Gambhir did well, though they were extremely tired at the end of the innings.

Wickets will be extremely important for Sri Lanka, with rain in the air. I'm not sure if India losing only 4 wickets will have an impact on D/L but Sri Lanka could well play conservatively since wickets would make their position bad if it comes down to D/L.

Last edited:
never looked like India will score 250+ infact at one stage it looked as if India will struggle to reach 200 when they were on 83/4. But thanks to a great partnership and a much needed one between the skipper and Gambhir. Gambhir played well and went on to score his 3rd hundred :clap and Dhoni did well to stick till the end and not leaving it to the lower order batsmen. Dhoni looked in some pain after he smashed that six but i hope he keeps wickets in the other half of the match.

If India can get the wicket of Jayasurya and Sangakkara early then they are likely to win this match.

I guess it was drizzling by the 49th over... Hope the rain can help the Indian bowlers more in their quest to bowl out/restrict Lanka to win the match.

Irfan needs to bowl with some good pace today. With the pace Vaas bowled, he was cannon fodder. Irfan needs to up his pace and bowl hard. He can hit 140's occasionally (he has been after his comeback).

If Dhoni doesnt come out, we might see Uthappa keeping wickets (we dont have Karthik in the XI)

I guess it was drizzling by the 49th over... Hope the rain can help the Indian bowlers more in their quest to bowl out/restrict Lanka to win the match.

Irfan needs to bowl with some good pace today. With the pace Vaas bowled, he was cannon fodder. Irfan needs to up his pace and bowl hard. He can hit 140's occasionally (he has been after his comeback).

If Dhoni doesnt come out, we might see Uthappa keeping wickets (we dont have Karthik in the XI)

Yeah Uthappa was a genuine keeper in the start if i am not mistaken and then his coach said that he can be a good fielder so he gave up his keeping.

Even after Irfan has made solid comeback i think that Dhoni should try him for few overs in the start and if he manages to swing the ball then he should stick with him or else Ishant should be brought in asap.

Last edited:
Hopefully with the cloud cover Pathan can extract some swing.

Ah, the bloody rain has started. Splendid summer, this. :p

Last edited:
I hope we can still see a full game. Would be a shame if its reduced!

Users who are viewing this thread