Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

I dont mind a wash out again as it would put all three teams on equal footing going into the second round (contrary to a result which will push one team ahead of India, which I dont like).

Anyways, hoping for a Gilly special tonight! Dont hit India, but thump Sri Lanka!

There is virtually nothing on the Sydney radar. I wouldn't even expect a break, much less a washout.

dont understand why Sri Lanka keep persisting with Kapugedara, he has played 23 matches and has no wickets. wouldnt Maharoof or Walegedara be a better choice, or even Kulasekara.

Looking good for the Aussies, though Gilly just fell. Ponting looks out of touch and maybe (just maybe) he may have finally finished up his spectacular purple patch. They've got a good base for a big score, though.

dont understand why Sri Lanka keep persisting with Kapugedara, he has played 23 matches and has no wickets. wouldnt Maharoof or Walegedara be a better choice, or even Kulasekara.
Now he's played 23 matches to get 1 wicket. :D

Last edited:
Kapugedera is remarkably miserly and his batting is promising. If he averaged 30 odd with the bat, he'd be a great player to have and at almost 21, there's no reason to say he won't eventually average a lot higher.

yea he is young but at the moment there are better bowlers and batsman in that squad, he does show alot of promise and like you said he could become a good one for the future.

lol 2 malinga look alikes with the hair in the stands, Amerasinghe is 29 but he looks good too. bowls a good line and changes his pace well.

Last edited:
Nice innings from Clarke, but was a bit selfish. Didn't even try to give the ball at hit at the end.

Sri Lanka bowled pretty well. Keeping the Australians under 300 has been quite an achievement of late. Here's hoping they chase well and get the Aussies off to a bad start in the tournament.

BOWLED IN !! Jayasuriya out :) Lee strucks in :happy

Thranga also gone now :D

Sri Lanka bowled pretty well. Keeping the Australians under 300 has been quite an achievement of late. Here's hoping they chase well and get the Aussies off to a bad start in the tournament.
The wicket is not coming on, which makes 250 a very defensible score. Sri Lanka will need to play with patience and take many singles.

The wicket is not coming on, which makes 250 a very defensible score. Sri Lanka will need to play with patience and take many singles.
Yeah, I realized that, but the Aussie team still manage to make biggish scores on not so conducive wickets. I think the wicket of Symonds was huge because he is the kind of guy who can make the extra power that is required to get the ball away.

On another note, Sanga is absolutely amazing to watch. Lee had a chat to him the previous over after a decent bouncer. Sanga replied with 4 boundaries, including two beautiful pull shots.

Sanga replied with 4 boundaries, including two beautiful pull shots.

Plus a lucky top edge and a dropped chance, though a difficult one. Hmmmm.

Sangakkara out, game over!

The other players will find the pitch a lot more difficult.

Last edited:
Dare i say SL looked completely demoralised? Other than Sangakara i saw no positives with the bat. I think Maharoof needs a call up and should replace possibly Silva or Kaperdegera. But then again SL were undercooked with their batting.

abysmal performance by the lankans,no one other than sangakara looked capable of making runs.

Users who are viewing this thread