Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

My point however, was in reference to Sangakkara hitting a lot of fours. All the batsmen struggled to find the boundary, except Sangakkara. On paper it looks as though he played the pitch much better than anyone else, but the truth is just that Lee thought he might get him out off his pull shot.
Sangakkara played the pitch much better than any of his teammates. I mean, apart from the 1 (or potentially 2) lucky boundaries, he still hit 5 more. His timing was top-notch and he hit a couple through the off-side which were simply delectable.

ya you are right,and everybody gets these lucky boundries.you can't take out any credits from his inings because of his 1 or 2 lucky boundries...he was agressive and at best of his form.
If we mess these things with luck then bracken's ball was also low which got sangakara...

The forecast for Melbourne on Sunday says "Partly Cloudy" with no showers or anything. Hopefully India can get their first full ODI game going.

I feel the weather robbed India of an additional two points against Sri Lanka. This performance was abysmal. They fell like this even though the Australian batting was as demoralising as that of India's (who recovered magnificiently from 83-4 to post 268). Anyways, I hope India can beat Sri Lanka consistently to set up that final clash with Australia.

Sunday's game is going to be a ripper as usual (I noticed that when its india vs Australia, the crowds are awesome). Hoping for an Indian win this Sunday

Hoping for an Indian win this Sunday

Now, that, would take something sensational.

I don't know about Yuvi playing, to be honest, he didn't seem like himself, he's going through a very tough time. Play Tiwary, no objections. ;)

But in all seriousness, I don't think we were that desperate for his presence in the last match, he shouldn't really have played, so early in the series, if he got injured or if there was a re-occurrence of the same injury, our middle order could have been left exposed for the rest of the series.

Having said that, it's Yuvi, you never know when this guy is going to play a special innings. It's also very to important to start the series off well, and if he played a fantastic knock, I wouldn't be posting this. :D

Last edited:
It'll be aussis sunday untill sachin will produce anything special.
you can't expect from dhoni to produce 88 against aussi bowlers,so its upto sachin,sehwag n yuvi.

It'll be aussis sunday untill sachin will produce anything special.
you can't expect from dhoni to produce 88 against aussi bowlers,so its upto sachin,sehwag n yuvi.

yuvi couldn't score against a gully cricket team in the form he is in right now

We're playing at the MCG again? Aussie win for me because with the ground being so big our athletic inabilities will be there for all to see...again.

We're playing at the MCG again? Aussie win for me because with the ground being so big our athletic inabilities will be there for all to see...again.

That will be the third time this summer. One in each form of the game. Now that I have said that India are probably going to win.

I hope young Indian batsmen play Hogg as well as seniors did. If they dont then i dont see them scoring huge runs cos fast men will be tough o get away.

I have feeling that Yuvi will play something special tomorrow. Also Viru loves playing at MCG. Expect something from him too.

Potentially, but mind you, Dhoni against Sri Lanka was doing a great job of pushing Gambhir through 2s and 3s.

Potentially, but mind you, Dhoni against Sri Lanka was doing a great job of pushing Gambhir through 2s and 3s.
The Twenty20 was played virtually with the same team and we still looked pretty bad in the field. Also, most Indian batsmen depend heavily on boundaries.

Hers some pictures of the 20/20 game, its only a couple, ill post more if yous want, and also i have some videos which ill upload sometime....

IMG_1240.jpg

I sat nearly exactly the same spot as you in the Boxing Day Test. :)

DSCF0044.jpg

Got any pics of Gilly? ;)

I'm going to the cricket tomorrow. Should be a great day. I get to see the great man live for the last time. I really hope we bat first.

Last edited:
Good game. Nice batting and bowling by the aussies. Gee isnt pup in good form with the bat. Bracken was terrific as well.

India should be looking for win tomorrow considering pitch will have less pace than usual MCG pitch. That means it could play like a true Mohali or Mumbai track with good consistent bounce and assisting spinners as well.

This should be XI tomorrow in batting order:

Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Pathan
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Uthappa
Chawla
Bhajji
Ishant Sharma
Sreesanth