Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

and this pitch suited lanka more,it was turning square.

Well, that was some world class **** from Sri Lanka. I've seen 8-year olds run better between the wickets. I hope they can regroup or it's going to be a long series. Plus, I'm getting a bit bored with beating them up all the time of late.

I really am worried about SL's middle order. None of them are hitters nor do they seem nudgers or good runners between the wickets. From what i've watched Silva plays his shots but can't hit sixes and Kapudegera is more pinch hitter for me. I've seen Dilshan before and i no he's capable of great innings but he isn't very consistent. Jawardena literally threw away his wicket. When a bloke is smashing on one end then the other bloke's job is to turn the strike, play safely and just build an innings. Make sure he's set once the ballistic bloke either gets out for a quick 60ish or slows down. Look at Gilly. He built and built and built.

Plus a lucky top edge and a dropped chance, though a difficult one. Hmmmm.
Yeah, I think that misrepresented how well he was playing. Lee gave him the short one and he top edged it, so like any bowler worth his salt he kept testing him. His strike rate was that much higher because of it, but it was almost surprising to see him survive the over.

^^ I disagree. Hayden nearly chopped it onto his stumps once and one of his fours was misqued. Hayden had a bit of luck as well. As well as that missed chance i think it was more of a hopeful dive than a chance.

Jaya was the architect of the Lankan collapse.He really should not have played that stupid shot when they were going pretty well.
And as someone mentioned,the middle-order is a BIG problem for them.Chamara Silva of the World Cup looks very much differen than the Chamara Silva we see today.Its like you get 3 Lankan wickets and the match ends there.

But,i'm sure they will fire sometime later in the series.

Sangakarra was thrown out of rhythm after dismissal of Jayawardena. Silva playing 23 balls for 3 runs did not helped his cause. In 7 overs after Jayawardena was out SL scored just 15 runs.

Thats what,Sanga got himself into a cocoon.
So Jayawardene's wicket was the turning point.

^^ I disagree. Hayden nearly chopped it onto his stumps once and one of his fours was misqued. Hayden had a bit of luck as well. As well as that missed chance i think it was more of a hopeful dive than a chance.
Where was I talking about Hayden? Hayden wasn't even the second best for his team today. Mind you, if Jayawardene isn't prepared to have slips in the first few overs, then the batsman might as well swing and get edges.

My point however, was in reference to Sangakkara hitting a lot of fours. All the batsmen struggled to find the boundary, except Sangakkara. On paper it looks as though he played the pitch much better than anyone else, but the truth is just that Lee thought he might get him out off his pull shot.

Does this mean that runs off pull shots are freebies?

Only one top edge was luck shot otherwise he was in control throughout.

Hers some pictures of the 20/20 game, its only a couple, ill post more if yous want, and also i have some videos which ill upload sometime....

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

nice pics.....SL have to pick themselves up big time if they have to compete in this series,their middle order is really brittle with like of silva and kapugadera who has an avg. of 16 after 25 games.

Srilankans have to regroup fast if they want to make serise exciting.other point is that after 80-4 they couldn't stop india to restrict under 250 so its not lokking gud for them.

Will it rain on Sunday at Melbourne?

Off Topic I think weather will be hot topic of discussion worldwide right now. It wont surprise me if it starts snow falling here. We have seen sun only once in last 3months.

Users who are viewing this thread