Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Does RP Singh play ODI's? He seems like a better bowler and a more decent lower order batsmen than Patel.

RP Singh is not a brilliant ODI bowler. However, he would normally be playing. He is currently injured though.

A match that was there for the taking has been thrown away so easily by our batsmen. Now calls to bring back Ganguly and/or Dravid will grow louder when there is no necessity.

India's batting order needs a serious re-look. They are back to destroying Pathan again by batting him at No.3 regularly. Uthappa should bat at No.3 with Gambhir and Sehwag opening and Tendulkar possibly batting in the middle to lend solidity. Yuvraj now needs to be sacked. Its highly unfair on Raina that he is picked for the team but not given a chance to play and the player they are persisting with instead of him is woefully out of form.

I would rather drop Yuvraj now and let him work back, instead of continuing to play him which will throw him more into humiliation and embarassement that he might never ever come back again! Dravid had this nightmarish type tour of Australia in 2000 but bounced back in style in 2003 with a rocking series. The mere fact that I am equating Yuvraj's story with that of Dravid should state the capabilities that Yuvraj possesses.

We have 3 more games. Got to win at least two of them (against Sri Lanka) and if possible, beat Australia too to enter the finals. Two consecutive defeats has pushed us back so much, added to our weather jinx.

Pathan at three is to lengthen the batting. Hes not out there to score quickly but to see shine off the bowl.

Somehow Yuvi needs to get in groove. Without him firing India will fail. No need to get Dravid or Ganguly back but just let the youngsters understand there mistakes. Defeats like these teach you more than wins.

saisrini80 said:
Now calls to bring back Ganguly and/or Dravid will grow louder when there is no necessity.

lol I hope so, the only other positive for India besides their bowling was the increased quality of the fielding. Bringing back Ganguly and Dravid means conceeding another 20+ runs in the field. Today was the first time I ever saw an Indian team constantly stopping well struck shots in the inner circle.

This bowler dominated series is refreshing.

I agree quite the change from some of the crazy total like 400 we were getting. Just not use to seeing our batting getting so low totals. But at least we know our bowling has risen to the task, just last year it was in all sorts of trouble.

Pathan at three is poor. If he's being sent to "take the shine off the ball", that's rather silly since it's easiest to get fast runs in an ODI when the ball is hard and the field is in. You want to send a guy who can bat then, not some guy who is just taking up deliveries.

Good win for Australia. But if their batting keeps failing, they're eventually going to have trouble getting the victory.

But at least we know our bowling has risen to the task, just last year it was in all sorts of trouble.

It's not that Aussie bowling have risen up.. But, it is completely a crappy game play display from our top order. They sacrificed the wickets. Gambhir, Sharma, Dhoni and Yuvraj committed suicide in throwing away their wickets and there isn't any thing special about the Aussie bowling though.

Either our team go completely crap in bowling or in batting. Can't we just balance this factor? :rolleyes:

Dhoni was right in his interview saying that India's batsmen didn't apply themsleves at all chasing a gettable total. Yuvraj's poor form has continued and he's going to need to fire soon since there is Raina and Tiwary pushing for places. Uthappa doesn't look good down at 7 or 8. He's a good batsmen who deserves his place in the middle order. Pathan should be the one at 7 for me. He's a very good alround cricket, which I rate highly as far as alrounders but this is not his postion.

India will have to get this sorted or they're going to struggle against a tough Sri Lankan side.

I agree woth Rob, when India needed his expierence most he failed, he needs to shape up or ship out. We're seeing a Sehwag from 2006/7...consistently failing.

uthappa is being wasted a no.7,he is an opener and should play in the top order,india need to look at the strategy of playing 5 bowlers becoz its batting line up isnt really firing and even if they do play 5 bowlers it should be either chawla or praveen kumar in place of munaf patel.

Well I guess that game shows why Australia is the number one team. They still win matches when they're playing well below their best. The last few games, Australia has been terrible. Hope they pick up their act with the batting aspects. And Pontings form! Terrible stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread