Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Ya,i also think india because there bowling looks more composite than srilanka.very important match for both the team tomorrow.hope sehwag will be in playing 11 with tawary must be in side now.

If we get 50 overs game India will win hands down. This is what I would field tomorrow.

Tendulkar
Gambhir
Sehwag
Rohit Sharma
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Pathan
Chawla
Bhajji
Ishant Sharma
Sreesanth

this would be my team:
1.sachin
2.sehwag
3.gambhir
4.rohit sharma
5.yuvraj singh
6.dhoni
7.tiwary
8.pathan
9.bhajji
10.sree santh
11.ishant sharma

guys ishant should bowl the first over coz he will set the tone with class bowling in the first over where sree is a bit poor to start with. Ishant and Pathan should open the bowling and one change for sree. also pleaseeee Play tiwary...hes classs...just one game for the young man where lee bowled classy yorker...give him time he will be india's best batsman.

My Lineup:

1) Sachin Tendulkar
2) Virender Sehwag
3) Gautam Gambhir
4) Robin Uthappa
5) Yuvraj Singh
6) Rohit Sharma
7) MS Dhoni C+
8) Irfan Pathan
9) Harbhajan Singh
10) Ishant Sharma
11) Shanatkumaran Sreesanth

:D

I really think this should be the last chance for Yuvraj Singh, if he fails tomorrow then he Tiwarty should come in, we can't afford to have him in the team just because he is an occasional matchwinner, at the expense of the teams balance. Also Uthappa can play his shots during the powerplays, even a quickfire 30 04 40 would be good enough in my view.

:D:cool:

If we get 50 overs game India will win hands down. This is what I would field tomorrow.

Tendulkar
Gambhir
Sehwag
Rohit Sharma
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Pathan
Chawla
Bhajji
Ishant Sharma
Sreesanth

Sid-Bhai, I don't think we will play Chawla because currently it is our batting which is letting us down and even our selectors aren't stupid enough to play another bowler when our batting is clearly lacking, why would you swap Gambhir and Sehwag around? :p

Last edited:
My Lineup:
I really think this should be the last chance for Yuvraj Singh, if he fails tomorrow then he Tiwarty should come in, we can't afford to have him in the team just because he is an occasional matchwinner, at the expense of the teams balance. Also Uthappa can play his shots during the powerplays, even a quickfire 30 04 40 would be good enough in my view.
p

Now that Yuvraj has it a bad patch off form your just want to disregard him? Thats not the right way to think about it. He is more than an occasional matchwinner he is an often match winner.

Now that Yuvraj has it a bad patch off form your just want to disregard him? Thats not the right way to think about it. He is more than an occasional matchwinner he is an often match winner.

Not really, just wanna give him a reality check

:p

I'm just saying we should give Tiwary a go because surely anybody can score more than Yuvraj in his current form.

Why you would take Tendulkar out of the opening slot, really beats the hell out of me. He is the best batsmen opening the bat in OD's so he should always be there IMO.

I'm not an Indian fan for starters so I don't know much about Uthappa or other players potential. I feel in OD cricket you want your best batsman at 3. Tendulkar seems too much a key wicket to have opening. If India lose him early I reckon it deflates them. India should be looking for aggressive openers like Gilchrist and Hayden, McCullum and Ryder, Smith and Gibbs which all the good sides seem to have. Let Sehwag and Gambhir play their shots and get India off to a good start. Then Tendulkar can come in at the fall of a wicket and use his experience to read the situation. I'm not saying Tendulkar isn't aggressive and can't score fast. I'm saying i'd rather see lesser players chance their arm against the new ball.

But anyway, I think that's the least problem for India. You could easily have Sehwag or Gambhir at 3 and Tendulkar opening instead. My point is. Pathan should be at 7, Dhoni 6 and Yuvraj 5, Sharma 4.

what bothers me is why Dravid and Ganguly arent playing.

Becoz Dravid has been in very poor form, and Ganguly's sluggishness in the field will not help in the big Australian grounds.

Pick your batsmen on batting ability first then if u have some equally talented an need to choose go with the one who is a great fielder.
Ganguly is clearly better than his replacements an should be in the team.
Dravid no he scores too slow

Both Dravid and Ganguly are equally good batsmen. If I had to pick, I would go for Dravid for his better fitness and he tends to field better than Ganguly. But I wont bring them back immediately because our youngsters havent performed so badly. Let this series get over. And also they are going to play next in the subcontinent where they will have runs for the taking. So I wont give an ODI comeback to both our ousted veterans now.

this would be my team:
1.sachin
2.sehwag
3.gambhir
4.rohit sharma
5.yuvraj singh
6.dhoni
7.tiwary
8.pathan
9.bhajji
10.sree santh
11.ishant sharma

Unfair on Uthappa... He hasnt got chances at all this series to showcase his talents. He is a brilliant fielder too.

guys ishant should bowl the first over coz he will set the tone with class bowling in the first over where sree is a bit poor to start with. Ishant and Pathan should open the bowling and one change for sree. also pleaseeee Play tiwary...hes classs...just one game for the young man where lee bowled classy yorker...give him time he will be india's best batsman.

Quite true. We should have Ishant bowling the first over and set the tone for the match, rather than Sree bowling it. Ishant and Irfan should open the bowling, followed by Sreesanth. Irfan can do really well when the conditions are helpful and he has now learnt to mix it up well.

Last edited:
But anyway, I think that's the least problem for India. You could easily have Sehwag or Gambhir at 3 and Tendulkar opening instead. My point is. Pathan should be at 7, Dhoni 6 and Yuvraj 5, Sharma 4.

Agree with you here, but i would really love to see Uthappa at 7 and Pathan at 8, gives the extra batting depth.

Becoz Dravid has been in very poor form, and Ganguly's sluggishness in the field will not help in the big Australian grounds.

Pity India couldn't see that he had an issue with his fielding when he was scoring his 10000 + OD runs, quite dire IMO to sack a player of his quality. He is one of the best ever openers India ever produced. I am sure if India can succeed in few dire losses like the one at the Oval, then they will be back.

What's also worst is that if India really praises that much on their fielding, then why don't they ever hit the woodwork on the field, where as the aussie fielders seem to be always hitting them, atleast 8/10 times.

Last edited:
Sehwag continues to be out; Sreesanth dropped and Praveen Kumar IN as Munaf Patel continues to play!!!!

BAFFLING!!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS THIS??????? I feel Dhoni is out of his minds!!!!!!!!!

I am betting on India to lose this one to make their final prospects almost non-existent. Shocking decisions have been taken here!

I would now say - BRING BACK GANGULY AND DRAVID!! Both together wont look or field as bad as this 'Munaf Patel' guy. Where did the fielding thing go when they are selecting Munaf Patel? The worst fielder ever probably in cricket history (may be I am exaggerating but its that much angry I am at his selection and that too at the expense of Sreesanth).

Ya so SRILANKA gonna bat first.we have another thrilling chase here.Now i strongly think sachin should bat on 3 or 4 to take care of ininng.Gambhir and Uthappa can go after powerplay!
Otherwise I agree with SAI,thats not the proper way to select team!why the hell we don't have SEHWAG?and by bad performance in one match why the hell SRisanth out of the team?someone should throw away MUNAF!!
Sehwag and Yuvi both are out of the form then on which basis Dhoni gave chance to yuvi and rest for Viru??
I don't think Dhoni is Handeling pressure good.He always says i go after my instinct but he has to know His instinct can cause a big damage here.
Hope india bowl well...Someone should tell Tiwary to come back india..Dhoni instinct is not with him...
I am looking forward to see P. KUMARAN.

Users who are viewing this thread