Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

So far, its just OK for India. Sangakkara and Jayawardena have the potential to up the scoring rate and take Sri Lanka to 220 odd which is a defendable total here at the Adelaide Oval.

India need wickets pretty fast. I have not been highly impressed of what I have seen so far of Praveen Kumar. I dont see anything special in his bowling. I know we need to give him time, but there are players who look or do special things this early, and thats not the case with Praveen Kumar. Hope his batting does something good.

Munaf has been lucky today. Hope the luck continues....

I would say Sangakkara got more lucky than anyone in that run out.

Shocked with Munaf's inclusion, but well played as he got the wicket in the first over itself. That run out was just a huge bonus in the context of the game for India, hopefully Indians can go on with it.

Ishant making a huge impact these days, bowled 5 overs without any success but only costing 10 runs was simply brilliant.

Last edited:
Sangakkara and Jayawardene both looks comfortable in the middle.If india won't get wicket soon then They have full recovery time.Hope Harbhajan will bring some tricks with him.P kumaran looks like very ordinary with Pathan not making any impact..

Why the hell is the game not on TV over here in WA? We are getting screwed over yet again, this summer has been pure crap from Channel 9.

After the first two wickets, there has been no sign of another wicket and thats troubling signs for India. Could be a game where the SL middle order comes good and accelerates to a good defendable total. WE NEED WKTS SOON!!

Munaf has been lucky today. Hope the luck continues....

Now I am totally agree with you.Munaf was really lucky.I don't belive how india lost their way after two quick wicketes.Anyway all credits to Batsman.Dhoni should try some spin from sachin now!

Why the hell is the game not on TV over here in WA? We are getting screwed over yet again, this summer has been pure crap from Channel 9.
Games not involving Australia in the rest of the Comm bank series (this game onwards) are only on Fox Sports, so it isn't just WA. The reason is that the normal programming rates better than these games, which is why they are dropping the tri-series format for future tours, viewers just aren't interested.

This is getting out of India's hands.... The run rate is steadily increasing, and Sri Lanka could end up with a very good total.

But the wicket today looks better than the one on which India and Australia played on Sunday.

I think its same wicket which they used on sunday!we already have first six of the ininng.i expect more.thats the poor approch from dhoni.momentum shifting toward srilanka very fast.

This is what happens when Captain goes mad while selecting team. Dhoni should be fired for selecting Munaf again in this match. Why is Sehwag not playing. Sehwag should have been dropped down the order when Gambhir is in side to open the innings. He could have stablised innings in middle overs when they just dont take singles.

By the way. This match is gone and now India needs to win both of matches coming up and considering we hardly beat Australian no matter how bad they bat against us its very unlikely that we will reach finals.

Hopefully after this defeat Dhoni will get some commonsense going.

Edit: Sangakkara strikes again with second wicket.

Last edited:
Don't say that sid.still match not over.i know dhoni is trying to be different from others and thats not working for him.
Trust sachin,he will do something for you and me.don't loose hope that fast!

Users who are viewing this thread