Commonwealth Bank Series

Kind of sums it all up really :(

Aussie opener is underfire despite averaging 40 in the last year for Odi cricket and in recent games hitting a few quickfire 20-40's whilst sharing in 100 run partnerships and catching well at Gully and slip.

Englands opener comes in scores a breezy 36 and is the answer to all our problems.

IloveGilly said:
I don't think so, Sports Tonight said he will be under fire for the next few matches. It sounded highly likely that they will swap him around just in case the next opener doesn't perform. Every match could be one of his last in his ODI career.
i doubt it, hayden is a "mcgrath" selection as in no matter how bad they play they will still be in the side, i believe that haydos has told ricky/buck that he will retire after CWC and he wants it to be his swansong, because he didn't deserve his spot at all.

langerrox said:
i doubt it, hayden is a "mcgrath" selection as in no matter how bad they play they will still be in the side, i believe that haydos has told ricky/buck that he will retire after CWC and he wants it to be his swansong, because he didn't deserve his spot at all.
:rolleyes: And whose going to replace him? Lemme guess, some overrated WA batsman.
You can't move Hussey or Clarke to opener because that puts an immediate dent in our middle order and then you'd be making an even bigger gap to fill then the one we're already provided with. Hayden will come good like his always done and probably at the right time.
And what do you mean by a "McGrath selection". Haven't you seen how his bounced back in his last few performances? Somewhere his still taking acouple of wickets per game and going for little runs in his 10 overs.
Australia are going with experience in the WC, that's why I think Clark is getting a game, despite not ever being proven at ODI level and actually not having much ODI experience at all.

Yeah langer's right...hes pretty old now and ready to pack up his kit and go do another cook book...I was shocked that he DIDN'T retire from Test cricket with Langer! By the next Test match Australia plays he will be a senior citizen!!! lol But dont get me wrong...he is a fantastic player and I wish him well.

a good wicket for Anderson already. when he's like this he's a top class pace bowler

woodywiss sa sa said:
Yeah, I suppoe the only thing Holding Haddin back is that he is a Keeper. His fielding is always going to be a bit suspect, and with the high standards of Fielding in Aus that could always count against him. Till Gilly retires at least

Well we should at least see how he goes cause he is the best of the OD batsmen this season. Hes more than capable with the bat, can bat anywhere and if a good hitter of the ball.

Fleming bad form continues, NZ really need him to fire if they want a big score. They are depending too much of Taylor these days.

i won't be able to see Loye today. i have to go to school in the 2nd innings. i'm so dissapointed :crying

Flintoff is bowling the quickest i have seen him this tour here

wow another wicket. we might come top of our group in the world cup now as it's new zealand we're playing!

NZ might have to bite the bullet and drop Astle, he just doesn't look the same and having both your openers out of form is no good.
Flintoff using his windmill option it seems.

wow i can't believe collingwood got a wicket. and we've still got monty and dalrymple to come on. the whole new zealand team are out of form with the bat

Yeah this is good against NZ they will have it in the back of their minds in the World Cup that they player poorly.

but we shouldnt speak so soon!

Looks like we're clicking just in time for the world cup. we've still got a long way to go before we can even be close to winning the world cup

Users who are viewing this thread