Commonwealth Bank Series

Good on the lower part for getting NZ past the 200 mark. Again the top order lets the team down. Lets all 3 teams down atm. lol flintoffs attempted catch was a riot! I couldn't stop laughing! :laugh It's up there with White at the MCG in that first game, and Collingwood at the 2nd or 3rd test going over the rope at over 100km/h haha. Yea let's hope NZ bowl well later on, for thier sake.

irottev said:
Pathetic. I have turned the tv off. Not worth my time.

Until this pack of losers can show some fight with the bat I no longer follow or support them or cricket. I;ve had enough.

We need a batting coach. Fleming, Astle, Fulton, McMillan need practice. They're all playing pathetic. They put no pressure on England early so now we are getting walked over.

I feel sorry for our bowling attack. We have the best bowling attack in the world and the worst batting attack.

If we post 200 I will watch us defend it, otherwise i've had it. No more visiting here. Not worth my time anymore.

They can face the media. We arn't going to win any World Cups batting like that. Every time we go out to bat it's a new batting order. Fulton at 3 today. This rotation bullshit hasn't worked.

Sack Bracewell.
I cant see how your bowling attack comes close to Australia's...its in another class, our second string attack would rival new zealand's

Our batting is stronger now woth loye e.t.c so we should win this but New Zealand do have a ggood attack so yo never know. Oram will be important here coming back into the team

Well the Kiwi attack can't do what they did last time these two teams met. If they can't get a wicket in the first 10 that might be the game as with Loye they should be around 50-60 runs which sets the platform for the rest of the guys. Also this English team is fill of nudges that take their time which is what they have here.

I would rather we didn't do it the stupid way we did last time by leaving it to Freddie. If we lose Loye early then that will probably be what we do though.

I was just thinking that the people who missed the innings, due to not being a true cricket fan, they just watch when thier country plays, they missed out on a fun afternoon. That's why I watch cricket, no matter who's playing, when I can. :)

thats why i've missed about 15 days of school in this ashes series, partly because i was so tired and partly because India-South Africa was on after ;) but don't tell my parents that

Thats not what the English need, bad call almost cost Strauss his wicket. Taylor throw wasn't all that good though after the hard work cutting down the angle to the ball.

from the way new Zealand celebrated that wicket you would have thought it has to be out but a lucky escape. England need to up the run rate but Loye can change it in a few balls

more poor umpiring

Last edited:
Definitely out good point made by our commentators. Chappell was saying if it was a bump ball then it would slowly lob to the keeper but this clearly didn't. I heard the nick but it looked like those usual full tosses where the batter goes over the top of the ball.

First slog sweep against Bond fails hitting it into his pads.

Still the umpiring is getting worse in this tour. If thats possible! I have 20 minutes still school and if Loye hasn't hit one 6 by then i will be very dissapointed.

not much chance now though :rolleyes: looks like it'll be down to freddie now

Well NZ have made up for the bad umpiring. Thats a pity hes out as I wanted to see more of his slog sweep against Bond.

Strauss looks in good nick but i wouldn't expect him to get past 30 still

see what i mean

Users who are viewing this thread