Commonwealth Bank Series

Fantastic catch. Good knock under pressure from Joyce. As David Lloyd said, its now start the car time.

Well worked 47, was hoping he'd get at least 50 or maybe some a little more respectable but Gillespie took a beauty.

Jamie Darymple Also joins Joyce,Nixon,Freddie as he too departs . :happy

168 to stop NZ getting the bonus point is looking a long way away.

We are such a poor one day side, it's unbelievable. Hearing about Botham's practical jokes is more entertaining than watching us collapse like this.

EDIT: Game Over! :mad:

Bond on another hat-trick which he won't get :p Not much resistance from the English but just outclassed today.

ITS alll over :clap , England Fell to a huge defeat at the hands Of KIWIS. :rtfl

Pathetic England, just a totally inept batting performance. The top order just pushing/prodding around is a joke - as Beefy says, the top 3 or 4 have to take more responsibility in getting the innings off to a good start, not just leaving it all for Flintoff to do. Strauss is forever trying to nudge it down to 3rd man, and Bell is no way a no3 odi batsman. How we miss Tres at the top to try and get the innings going.
The sooner we get the likes of Vaughan and KP back the better.
Utter rubbish.

Congrats to NZ btw - they fielded and bowled superbly, and what a difference Oram makes to them.

Well done NZ :D Once again the bowlers dominated the game and really so far throughout this series.They were unlucky to lose against Australia because of the poor fielding but today their fielding was exemplary and their bowling was superb. I can see this attack doing well in the WC for NZ, you have the pace and swing of Bond, accuracy of Franklin, tidy middle order bowling in Gillespie and Oram and world class spinner in Vetorri. If they had defeated Australia than I would say they would pretty much be guaranteed of making it into the finals but of course there are six games in the tournament remaining.

England really need to pick up their batting for the next game on Friday, bowling looks good but the absence of Pietersen and Vaughan have made big differences. Any news on when Vaughan is returning back into the team??

What a win by NZ, great fightback after first not looking like making 200 and then Vettori ripping England apart. This is the perfect result as last thing NZ would need is another loss.

Both sides are struggling with their batting but have the bowling sorted. Bit surprising really as England are meant to be more batting based but obviously losing KP has changed that. England badly need Vaughan back, Strauss just making that big score which is needed.

Terrific from NZ. I won't pass my judgement on England until i've seen the highlights after school but what I will say is that I have a worrying feeling that Loye will be dropped for his failure today. Chris Read needs a go; Nixon has done nothing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread