Commonwealth Bank Series

Hooper said:
Mal Loye, why is everyone jumping on his back? Hes made 36 and a slog sweep off Brett Lee and now hes England's ODI Saviour...Please....

I'd be amazed if you could find any post on here that says that.

isn't when you say there jumping on his back mean they're having a go or have i got mixed up somewhere.

anyway just got back from school and can't believe it. we should have killed them off when we had them in trouble. we neeed that killer instinct that australia have. i would still expect to beat NZ in the world cup when we've got Pietersen back

irottev said:
Pathetic. I have turned the tv off. Not worth my time.

Until this pack of losers can show some fight with the bat I no longer follow or support them or cricket. I;ve had enough.

We need a batting coach. Fleming, Astle, Fulton, McMillan need practice. They're all playing pathetic. They put no pressure on England early so now we are getting walked over.

I feel sorry for our bowling attack. We have the best bowling attack in the world and the worst batting attack.

If we post 200 I will watch us defend it, otherwise i've had it. No more visiting here. Not worth my time anymore.

They can face the media. We arn't going to win any World Cups batting like that. Every time we go out to bat it's a new batting order. Fulton at 3 today. This rotation bullshit hasn't worked.

Sack Bracewell.

Appalling, absolutely appaling. You should be ashamed of yourself for this post.

I've watched England get hammered at ridiculous hours for the entire test series, and the majority of the Odi series, and here you are going off into some sulk just before a match winning partnership :rolleyes:

that is a fair point. our fans were still singing after a pathetic 5-0 defeat

I think we need to get rid of Strauss from the odi team quickly. At the moment all he is doing is batting for long periods making barely any runs then getting out. Which, if i calculated it properly is rather useless :p.

You know he will get out from the first he faces. the problem is we've no-one better to put in. Vaughan will probably replace him when he comes back and KP will replace Joyce.

irottev said:
Pathetic. I have turned the tv off. Not worth my time.

Until this pack of losers can show some fight with the bat I no longer follow or support them or cricket. I;ve had enough.

We need a batting coach. Fleming, Astle, Fulton, McMillan need practice. They're all playing pathetic. They put no pressure on England early so now we are getting walked over.

I feel sorry for our bowling attack. We have the best bowling attack in the world and the worst batting attack.

If we post 200 I will watch us defend it, otherwise i've had it. No more visiting here. Not worth my time anymore.

They can face the media. We arn't going to win any World Cups batting like that. Every time we go out to bat it's a new batting order. Fulton at 3 today. This rotation bullshit hasn't worked.

Sack Bracewell.

Best bowling attack in the world?

Hmmm.....

(No doubt someone, probably Australian, will point out our failures today)

Strauss seems to unfortunately have been worked out. Anything that strays straight onto his pads and isn't short he seems unable to work it away for runs and instead picks out midwicket like it's some kind of fielding practice session. The sky team mentioned moving him down the order, but considering he doesn't play spin that well, I don't really think it's the answer.

Whilst I do think Loye needs to be given a decent run in the side, I hope we aren't seeing a glimpse of things to come in that he could have a weakness to left-armers angling the ball across and away from him. With the likes of Bracken and Franklin, as well as Vaas, Zaheer Khan, Pathan, Johnson in world cricket he would struggle. Still I checked the Lancashire v Worcestershire C&G trophy scorecard from last year and he gave them a hammering and didn't seem troubled by Zaheer, so perhaps I'm just finding a problem where there is none.

Oh and just to make a point I've made before. It's amazing the difference between a Symonds, Clarke, Hussey and in this case Oram to the likes of Bell, Strauss and Collingwood. Those players can hit boundaries, but at the same time can tick along at 4-6 an over in the middle overs without any risk, yet our batsman seem incapable of finding singles let alone boundaries. Perhaps it has something to do with Freddie setting a field as though they were 100-2 off 20 overs or maybe our batsman just aren't good enough?

Last edited:
There isn't much time for things to come for Loye. We should be worried after the world cup. We'll be playing Joyce and Bopara. Thank god Lancashire are producing a few good youngsters

Having just seen Irottev's post I have to say i'm baffled as to why we English are called whingers when we are always gracious in defeat and the majority of our fans don't just completely attack our team when we lose because let's face it, we've been doing a lot of that lately.

And besides, why get so worked up over an ODI?

evertonfan said:
Having just seen Irottev's post I have to say i'm baffled as to why we English are called whingers when we are always gracious in defeat and the majority of our fans don't just completely attack our team when we lose because let's face it, we've been doing a lot of that lately.

And besides, why get so worked up over an ODI?

It's the old reverse psychology thing you see. If we were actually whingers, then calling us whingers wouldn't really matter, but since we aren't, by getting called whingers we then do whinge because we aren't ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper
Mal Loye, why is everyone jumping on his back? Hes made 36 and a slog sweep off Brett Lee and now hes England's ODI Saviour...Please....

"evertonfan"
I'd be amazed if you could find any post on here that says that.

I meant that everyone loves him now for no real reason!

Because he swept Lee for 6 perhaps? When was the last time you saw that happen? No one is bigging him up or anything, he's just the only player who we've got who can exploit the early fielding restrictions. That's why most fans like him.

For me it's a different story; He's a Lancy boy so he's got my support.

Users who are viewing this thread