Commonwealth Bank Series

Yea nice victory to NZ. I'm glad so the series seems more competitive. Glad they caught well this time as well. Yep it was a nice and enjoyable match.

kodos said:
Any news on when Vaughan is returning back into the team??
Apparently he's supposed to be coming back in the Eng V NZ game in Perth next week.

That's a shame then, I really hoped that he could be in the side on Friday.

evertonfan said:
Terrific from NZ. I won't pass my judgement on England until i've seen the highlights after school but what I will say is that I have a worrying feeling that Loye will be dropped for his failure today. Chris Read needs a go; Nixon has done nothing yet.
Nixon has done pretty well behind the stumps and had a tough call today, I'd play him one more match, if he fails then bring Read back.

Just looked at it again and Dalrymple's dismissal today was the tamest I've seen for a very long time. I don't actually agree with him being in the team at the moment, but if he is he should be ahead of Nixon.

We might aswell be playing Bopara tbh, JD has done nothing in this series. Good to see Joyce making a decent effort today, shame the other batsman looked like a Pasty going into Stevies mouth.

Flintoff bowled well, but Monty is bowling too quickly, though with the tiny field today you wouldn't want him tossing it up every delivery. Every England spinner over the last 4-5 years has always fired them in, never using the toss up delivery enough, anyone wonder who I'm going to blame for that?

With England's lacklustre batting strength, they need that extra guy who can produce 30s, but really, considering Strauss, Bell and Collingwood, they need that extra guy at no 3. With Vaughan fit, they probably wouldn't need 3-5 overs of off spin from him, either.

Good to see Oram at his best instantly. Hopefully now he is finished being a lower order batsman and we can see what he can do as a long term four or five. A long partnership made with Astle or Taylor could put a lot of runs on the board.

It's coz these two lift their game when playing Australia, see Mal against them? Then when they play eachother, both think the other is a push over lol, and so not try as hard to win. Well they all should lift themselves in each match against all teams. Common sence needs to prevail once and for all me thinks...

Mal Loye, why is everyone jumping on his back? Hes made 36 and a slog sweep off Brett Lee and now hes England's ODI Saviour...Please....

John Adams said:
It's coz these two lift their game when playing Australia, see Mal against them? Then when they play eachother, both think the other is a push over lol, and so not try as hard to win. Well they all should lift themselves in each match against all teams. Common sence needs to prevail once and for all me thinks...
Sorry mate, but thats complete rubbish. You're telling me England's bowlers weren't putting enough effort in today when NZ were 67-5.

As for Loye, well the way he plays means he's not going to score runs every time. Give Supermal a chance, instead of condemning him after having one poor score. Our batsmen do put effort in but the honest truth is that some of them are not up to being international cricketers yet.

Actually, I wasn't refering to the bowling as much as to the batting, but even Aus. is guilty there lately. Nah I just meant it seems that coz they know Aus. is hard to beat they seem to try harder against them. The harder the enemy, the stronger one wants to overcome that enemy. But granted, now that we are really into the series, NZ and Eng are becoming like raging bulls with eachother now. With both wanting to be in the final of course. And yea I know Eng. bolwers bowled their hearts out, especially Freddie. :)

John Adams said:
Actually, I wasn't refering to the bowling as much as to the batting, but even Aus. is guilty there lately. Nah I just meant it seems that coz they know Aus. is hard to beat they seem to try harder against them. The harder the enemy, the stronger one wants to overcome that enemy. But granted, now that we are really into the series, NZ and Eng are becoming like raging bulls with eachother now. With both wanting to be in the final of course. And yea I know Eng. bolwers bowled their hearts out, especially Freddie. :)
I don't think its that the batsmen dont put the effort in against New Zealand, I mean we were horrible with the bat last Friday against the Aussies. I think its just that some of our batsman either haven't got the talent (nixon, dalrymple) or haven't got the game for ODI cricket (strauss, bell).

Users who are viewing this thread