Commonwealth Bank Series

Arghhh...we're collapsing in Adelaide...again!

I bet against Colly getting a decent score and Joyce hasn't been in good form, so no doubt it will be down to Freddie.

At least Monty has been brought back into the team. I'm starting to question Dalrymple's place in the team. He's only bowling 3 overs at the most and is only averaging 11 in the series. Surely his spot should be used to strengthen with Bopara coming in to strengthen the batting, he can bowl a bit too.

Not wrong there! Come to think of it a Large majority of English batsmen has failed.

wfdu_ben91 said:
His got the 4th highest score in this series for England in one of the games.
What was that. 45 off 145?

I turned back on once I found out from cricinfo we had a 50 partnership. Fantastic innings by Oram, deserved a hundred. Bad luck to him, could easily have put that ball away.

Now we have a good chance. The key wicket will be Flintoff, but others can also play the big innings. Great bowling from all 4 so far, especially Franklin. Thank god I am not a selector, he was the one I said leave out for Patel.

Still, we had better win, or I will still be livid.

And fair call with Pakistan. If you go and read cricinfo it has a feature on which attack is the best. It rates our test attack on par with the Aussie one. I guess since Warne and McGrath wouldn't have been counted though, they wouldn't really know. I am sure our One Day attack is better in it's format. Just watch them. None are giving much away at all.

I must admit, the pitch has got worse since England came out to bat. Balls keeping low, some bouncing.

Looks like this is forming into a good partnership, Joyce starting to grow in confidence and Collingwood looks stable.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Nah... 45 off 72 balls.
Are you being sarcastic or serious, cuz if he did score 45 that was only a guess, i sort of thought it was in the 40's :p .
Just flicked over to the cricket and saw 3-56 of 20 overs, the excat same score the New Zealanders were on around the 20 over mark

I have to admit that the Kiwiz bowling attack is very good. Not too sure about the test one but their ODI side has a lot of variety. But only two of their bowlers can be considered as world class,i.e, Bond and Vettori. Franklyn has always done well against England I think.

During the 2004 tour, NZ had Chris Martin whom I used to find very ordinary.

EDIT: Collingwood gone, and England 4-76. A lot depends on Freddie (again).....gosh arent England missing Pietersen. We would have atleast been twenty runs more if he was playing, although Joyce has done a good job till now. Lets hope he continues because his ODI average of 8 doesnt really help his chances for the future.

Looks like England have lost their last hope in Flintoff playing too aggressive.

Glad to see Joyce getting some runs in the middle. A joy to watch him bat.

New Zealand just need Freedie's wicket to get even with england in this series ;)

Freddie gone went for the big one way too early. Going to need a big one from Nixon and then probably Dalrymple.

Users who are viewing this thread