Commonwealth Bank Series

!x!Culli!x! said:
Totally agree.

New Zealand have great spin and pace options in Bond and Vettori but apart from those two, no-one really is world class

Which team has 5 world class bowlers in it?

irottev said:
Which team has 5 world class bowlers in it?

That wasn't his point. He was thinking more along the lines of there are other teams who have more world class bowlers in their line-up.

evertonfan said:
That wasn't his point. He was thinking more along the lines of there are other teams who have more world class bowlers in their line-up.

India have none
England have one or two currently
Australia have one currently in ODIs or recent tests

The art of bowling is in decline.

You make a good point about India. Some teams don't need world class bowlers to have a decent attack which does the trick.

Australian world class bowlers;

McGrath
Lee
Bracken (seriously he is, just look at how hard he is to score off)
Clark

That's pretty decent.

Are we talking about ODI bowlers or test? Because if its ODI then who are Englands 2 world class bowlers

Leicester Fox said:
Are we talking about ODI bowlers or test? Because if its ODI then who are Englands 2 world class bowlers

He must have been talking about Tests because when we have Jones, Hoggard, Flintoff, Harmison and now Panesar bowling in tandem it will be hard to rival such an attack.

Monty showed his in-experience at ODI today, but that'll improve...

Matt, doesn't it look like an appealling line up of bowlers there, on form - beat the best...not on form - get beat by Bangladesh :(

That is an attack to be feared and there is Anderosn in ODI's i suppose with Flintoff because the way Anderson is bowing there are few better

Bracken's not world class in tests, if we're talking about them. He's a pretty decent one day bowler, but I wouldn't see him doing much in tests at all.

I think the basic structure for England in both forms, if everyone is fit is gunna be...

7. WK (Who knows who it will be, probably Nixon :p)
8. Jones
9. Harmison
10. Hoggard
11. Panesar

But obviously Flintoff is a 5th bowler, and we all know KP can do it, Collingwood also.

In ODI i'd say;

WK
Jones
Anderson
Lewis
Panesar

With Flintoff and Collingwood doing a bit aswell.

I'd say if Tremlett really proforms stick him in for Lewis

Montys better than Hoggard with the bat.

Hoggard's ok at holding up an end but he's a No.11 every day of the week.

evertonfan said:
Australian world class bowlers;

McGrath
Lee
Bracken (seriously he is, just look at how hard he is to score off)
Clark

That's pretty decent.
Clark is not a world class ODI bowler. Test, he looked like he's almost got there.

On this New Zealand front, for me they're in the top bracket of One Day teams when they get their best side out there, along with Australia and maybe India.

Vettori did bowl well, but I guess it helps when the English batsmen just can't play spin. Our best two players of spin are sat at home unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread