Commonwealth Bank Series

Practice matches account for very little Rox. In the last ODI he played against you lot he caused your batsmen countless problems.

evertonfan said:
Practice matches account for very little Rox. In the last ODI he played against you lot he caused your batsmen countless problems.

I totally agree with u Matt . :clap

evertonfan said:
i could of caused problems in those conditions... you cant just brush aside practise matches when they go agaisnt your arguement and then use them for your arguement when they go right...

Last edited:
langerrox said:
yep sajid is the go to man in a crisis. cough 0/97 (9) PM's XI
Clark bowled 6 overs for 54 against South Africa, yet he still plays and takes wickets.

MUFC1987 said:
Clark bowled 6 overs for 54 against South Africa, yet he still plays and takes wickets.
yes, look at the team SOUTH AFRICA not a third string australia side.

langerrox said:
yes, look at the team SOUTH AFRICA not a third string australia side.
Ah yes, Jaques, Cosgrove and White who have all played ODI's and the likes of Voges who was in the Test squad. If that's the third string then god knows where the second string hide.

Do I need to remind you that Mahmood got Gilchrist and Ponting out in the ICC Champions Trophy? What's your excuse for that then?

MUFC1987 said:
Ah yes, Jaques, Cosgrove and White who have all played ODI's and the likes of Voges who was in the Test squad. If that's the third string then god knows where the second string hide.

Do I need to remind you that Mahmood got Gilchrist and Ponting out in the ICC Champions Trophy? What's your excuse for that then?
Voges was never in the test squad, being 13th man means nothing. Why do you think there was no lehmann, hussey or haddins?

mahmood bowled gilchrist in a fashion where he has been found out many times, ponting got out to a good ball, not to mention both failed to make a big impact in the series, averaging 26 and 23 respectly. Mahmood took 4/134 in a bowler tournament where no 300+ scores were made (bar minnows). Mahmood finished with 2/52 (10) surely he was good enough to finish with a couple more wickets in the very bowler friendly conditions, he still managed to go for 5.2 rpo after being 2/10 off 4 wasnt it?

whoops almost forgot that he bowled four noballs and two wides

langerrox said:
Voges was never in the test squad, being 13th man means nothing. Why do you think there was no lehmann, hussey or haddins?
Don't be an even bigger idiot than you are. He was picked in a Test Squad, end of story. As for Lehmann, over the hill, Hussey, David I assume? Average at best and Haddin? One trick pony. We have Domestic sloggers as well.

MUFC1987 said:
Don't be an even bigger idiot than you are. He was picked in a Test Squad, end of story. As for Lehmann, over the hill, Hussey, David I assume? Average at best and Haddin? One trick pony. We have Domestic sloggers as well.
haha, im an idiot. but you are talking up hacks of english players? :rolleyes:

lehmann? over the hill... yep a bloke who scored 2000 runs in county is 'over the hill'? you're an idiot, david hussey? plays for australia A has been inconsistent yes, but brilliant more than he is pathetic. Haddin a one trick pony? how can you possibly have a go at any of our keepers? Nixon? Read? Jones? Haddin isn't a slogger and the only reason he has gone for runs is because he has been in positons where quick runs are needed.

langerrox said:
haha, im an idiot. but you are talking up hacks of english players? :rolleyes:
No, I said that Mahmood should play in the next game as he causes problems, which he does, yet you seem to want to deny that by bringing up the fact he went for x amount of runs 3 months ago.

MUFC1987 said:
No, I said that Mahmood should play in the next game as he causes problems, which he does, yet you seem to want to deny that by bringing up the fact he went for x amount of runs 3 months ago.
right how about the ashes then? 5/264? average of 50, rpo of 5.. yes in test matches. oh wait, thats not a good indication of the 'trouble' he causes against us is that?
oh let me guess, test matches are irrelevant right? man this guy is untouchable.. can't judge him on any games and the last OD fixture he played he went for 0/97

I dont think England need Mahmood unless there is a lot of assistance for swing. In that case he can and will cause problems.

I am more than happy with Lewis, Anderson and Flintoff. They just need to learn to comeback and maintain their rhythm even if they go for a few runs initially.

However both Jimmy and Lew look doubtful for tomorrow so maybe we should go with Tremlett and Plunkett.

m_vaughan said:
I dont think England need Mahmood unless there is a lot of assistance for swing. In that case he can and will cause problems.

I am more than happy with Lewis, Anderson and Flintoff. They just need to learn to comeback and maintain their rhythm even if they go for a few runs initially.

However both Jimmy and Lew look doubtful for tomorrow so maybe we should go with Tremlett and Plunkett.
dont really have a choice

I would be happy to see Pudsey get a game but he hasn't played for ages so he's bound to be rusty.

Users who are viewing this thread