Commonwealth Bank Series

Is this seriously the best side England could produce? Simon Jones wouldn't have added that much, the ball doesn't swing out here. But if this is the best England have got then seriously, don't bother coming out here next time. Todays match was just beyond abysmally pathetic. Mugabes XI would've put up a bigger fight FFS.

Leicester Fox said:
Bell is a good player and Collers isn't bad he's just in the worst form ever. i suggest all England fans don't bother going to the first test of this summer in England and when they walk out in front of an empty lords they will realise just how bad they were and just how important our support is and how much they don't deserve it
he may be a good player but he isnt an international number 3...number 3 suggests he is the best batsmen in the side...he might be the worst number 3 in world cricket (i dont include Zim and Bangers as their level is a fair way behind the rest)...he should be batting 5 or 6
...also I think Flintoff plays better without the captaincy...he is their best bowler...he is currently the best fit batsman and he has also got to captain the rest, no wonder the one game they won was with Vaughan's guidance and with Flintoff being the star.

Collingwood isnt as bad as Bell or Joyce, but he isnt the greatest thing going around

the fact that Vaughan,Pietersen,Trescothick,Lewis,Anderson and Jones didn't play tells you it wasn't the best side we could put out

stereotype said:
Collingwood isnt as bad as Bell or Joyce, but he isnt the greatest thing going around

Did i say he was the best thing going around? i said he wasn't bad but i suppose that qualifys you to be classed as the best thing going aroung the England dressing room. ;) Bell can't be that bad considering he scored 4 centurys in a row but he's not a number 3. We've never been that strong at 3-look at Vaughan when he batted there,he was never that good since he was captain

shoppy said:
I kind of agree stereotype. The depth of the Aussie system means that their state sides would more than hold their own against the current English team. England have to realise that we beat the Australians in 2005 because we had eleven players playing out of their skins, we won a test that could have gone either way, McGrath injured himself and Warne dropped Pietersen. And even with all that going for us we won by a whisker. As great as an achievement that was, it's all in the past.

England are now fully reliant on the South African born Pietersen. And when he 'fails' getting a brisk 75 off 70 balls he's crucified. Freddie is no good as captain - hasn't anybody worked this one out yet?!? And it shows the desperation we're going to when a one legged Vaughan who has been the rabbit of local eleven bowling through the tour is immediately given his place back. I mean, what the hell does that say about the other English players sitting at home. It's a bit of a mess at the moment and I genuinely fear when the World Cup starts.
I think about 75% of the damage is mental....but there are players in this current side that definitely dont fill the void left by injuries and other omissions, The shot that Collingwood played, and the shot Loye played. Joyce too....players just cant get out in that fashion. I think people are blaming the captaincy too much when I think the squad at hand isnt up to class, England have scored 230 in total in their last two matches.

And why is Nixon in the side and not Read? Nixon prior to this game was averaging 7.5 with the bat...surely not to standard.....their tail contributes nothing and starts as soon as Flintoff gets out....once he is out you literally feel like the team has a maximum of 10 overs left and you know that those 10 overs will reap almost nothing in terms of runs.

Leicester Fox said:
the fact that Vaughan,Pietersen,Trescothick,Lewis,Anderson and Jones didn't play tells you it wasn't the best side we could put out

Did i say he was the best thing going around? i said he wasn't bad but i suppose that qualifys you to be classed as the best thing going aroung the England dressing room. ;) Bell can't be that bad considering he scored 4 centurys in a row but he's not a number 3. We've never been that strong at 3-look at Vaughan when he batted there,he was never that good since he was captain
Bell has never scored an ODI century

Kal-El said:
Is this seriously the best side England could produce?

No. I think that's pretty obvious even for a biased idiot such as yourself.

At full strength we could at least test Australia.

kodos said:
In all honesty this is the reason why it has made me and many others don't even bother taking notice of the cricket anymore. It's just ridiculous and an embarrassment by England. All England supporters should boycott all their upcoming games in this series and later in the home series because atm it's getting beyond a point where they are beyond hopeless. In all honesty I can't see how people can enjoy seeing one team dominating so much.
I don't know where you're from mate, but some of us don't give up on our team just because they're losing.

Once the 1st ball is bowled you literally feel like the teams got 10 over left.If it wasn't for Pieterson and Bell i wouldn't think our ODI batting was any better than Bangladesh's. Wouldn't it be really funny if England beat Australia in the worl cup after all these losses though ;)

The thing is that although England have suffered tremendously in this tour,you guys could turn it around if your selectors are willing to make some decisions on not just your team and captain, but your whole dynamics, whatever England has come here to try and do, hasnt worked...a few pages ago I posted a full strength batting line up and it looked good....all you need is a keeper who can score a quick 25 or 30 if needs be and a few quicks working in harmony, but it doesnt matter how good your bowling attack is if you get skittled for low 100's like you have been....your Test team is based on your quicks...your ODI team is definitely based on your batsmen

In response to the quoted post in MUFC's post;

a) I'll never stop supporting England. I've got used to my fair share of losing being a blue all of these years.

b) I'll never take ODI's to heart so i'm entireley bothered about this dreadful run. They are entertaining to watch but i'll never see them as more than a distraction from Test cricket.

MUFC1987 said:
I don't know where you're from mate, but some of us don't give up on our team just because they're losing.

I can understand your point, but the flip side to that is that these professional, highly paid athletes are not doing the business. Worse than that, they don't look like they are doing anything about it. Losing is one thing, but to lose in the manner they have been doing, losing with some people raring to get home and forget about the whole thing and losing and hiding the truth still thinking they are covered in the glory of the previous Ashes is altogether another thing.

I think the point that people should stay away from the ground was meant a little tongue in cheek but is very poignant nevertheless. It is, after all, the fans that generate the money for these guys to get paid. And it was the fans that jetted out across the globe, after paying a fair few quid, to be let down by the total surrender of the cricket side.

If it wasn't for the world cup i wouldn't care about ODI's but you want to show your best in front of the world and be world champions

why england havent replaced strauss, collingwood or joyce in ODIs is beyond me, put in some young guns. these players are sjust going to get worse getting out ducks etc

Collingwood have performed overtime, it should be only a matter of time before they find there touch again.
Should be time to give Bopara a go now instead.

stereotype said:
so he scored an unbeaten double century...I am embarrased Australia allowed him to score that even if it was a dead track

lol just before I finished watching "Amazing Adelaide" great viewing indeed! I'm gonna get that new ashes multi dvd pack soon :D

RoboRocks said:
Collingwood have performed overtime, it should be only a matter of time before they find there touch again.
Should be time to give Bopara a go now instead.
has but now he has been found out, why isnt cook playing? that kid is talented

Users who are viewing this thread