Caribbean CPLT20 - PC Draft - Round 2

^Probably the first pick I'm kinda jealous of :thumbs Was hoping Santokie would be forgotten. He's been really successful in domestic T20s, and didn't look too out of place at international level when I saw him play.

Tino Best
Tino+Best+Australia+v+West+Indies+Twenty20+PCd5QfyCfsUl.jpg
art-CRICKET-windies-best-appeal-620x349.jpg

Love watching this guy bowl, and the Antigua crowd will too - even if he plays for Barbados for the rest of the year. Best has raw pace, and is able to zoom past the 150kph mark. He's been a breath of fresh air for the West Indies since coming back into their team on the England tour last year. Of West Indian bowlers who've taken more than 20 wickets in the last 12 months (in all 3 formats), Best has the best(:)) average of all of them, with 35 international wickets @ 23.25

At his pace, you'd think Best wouldn't be a very economical option for a T20 team, but his record doesn't play that out. His career T20 economy rate is 6.38, excellent for a guy bowling it that quickly.

Format | Matches | Wickets | Average | Economy | Strikerate | BB T20I | 2 | 3 | 12.33 | 5.28 | 14.0 | 3/18 T20 | 29 | 32 | 19.90 | 6.38 | 18.7 | 4/19

3 Virat Kohli
5 Kieron Pollard
8 Ravi Rampaul
9 Tino Best
10 Saeed Ajmal

Hoping T20 Pro gets on soon and catches up his picks - profile says he's been offline for a few days. Otherwise we'll need to replace him I guess.

:wi: Krishmar Santokie :bwl:

A canny left-arm medium pacer from Jamaica, Krishmar Santokie has impressed everyone with his control of the white ball. He has never been considered to play First Class cricket, but has been deemed worthy of two caps for the West Indies, taking a wicket in each his 35 Twenty20 appearances he has grabbed 66 wickets at just 11.50 apiece. He bowls almost exclusively in the PowerPlays and death overs, which makes his economy of exactly a run a ball all the more impressive. He finally got a chance overseas, and grabbed it with both hands by taking six wickets at around ten apiece in three BPL matches.

----------

-
-
-
-
:sri: Thisara Perera
-
:wi: Darren Sammy
-
:wi: Kevon Cooper
:pak: Umar Gul
:wi: Krishmar Santokie

Well, I'll be looking for a spinner to complete that bowling attack. Could probably use a slogger or two too.

Akshay now has 2 picks to make: one West Indian, one overseas - don't pick my guys :D

So guys...I'm reading today that 6 international players have been confirmed as the franchise international players for the CPL:
Murali completes Caribbean Premier League's legends :: cayCompass.com
Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist from Australia, New Zealand?s Ross Taylor, Pakistan T20I captain Mohammad Hafeez and Herschelle Gibbs of South Africa as confirmed big-name signings.
will be joined by the 6th: Murali.

Now if we want to reflect that in this draft (for maximum realism), it would be possible since only 2 of those 6 have been picked thus far: both by Akshay. He'd simply surrender either Murali or Ross Taylor, replace them with another international, while the other 5 of us pick from the remaining pool of 5 franchise international players (getting 1 each, obviously). It could be done in one round eg. this round could be the designated franchise player round, or another way to do it would be to just say that by the end of the draft your team must have picked one (and only one) of those players, and they could be taken in any overseas round.

I think it would be good to do, but I'll leave it to Author and the popular vote.

To be honest, given the parameters I set at the start, I wouldn't expect all of those six players to get picked, so I'm going to leave it be I think.

Aw man that's rude ! Its hard for me too pick between Murali & Ross :noway
I was aware of it and planning to all six those six players. :thumbs

On with the show then! Jack Ryder's pick.

I found it interesting that Murali chose the CPL/WIPL instead of the Sri Lanka Premier League, which looked set to overlap in August. Perhaps the SLPL won't be going ahead this year? In that case, maybe I'll have to start considering the SL players :yes

Shikar Dhawan i have lot of write-up due's i will do all that after may 10 as i have my entrance exam on may 10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread