Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Think about this guys.

EA have said next to nothing about this game. What does that mean?

It means:

A: It isn't happening.

B: It isn't worth talking about.

There is no way EA have made this a "next gen experience" because if they had, they would be bragging by now, and starting at least minor publicity. My bet it's just a rehash to keep the fans happy, with very little work gone into it.

That's if it's even released.

Well, just look at Peter Moore's latest blog jordox and you may realise that it isn't as simple as just saying yes or no to the cricket speculation...

PeterMooreBlog

I believe EA are trying to gather all requirements to release a new cricket game otherwise Peter Moore would have just ended what is probably becoming annoying speculation for him now by simply saying "Not this year"

Peter Moore said in his blog that if the game hasn't been announced one or two months ago, it doesn't mean it won't be released.

That means it will be released however can't say about advertising. All I hope is that the game should at least be patchable so that we can make some improvements according to our choice.

I have asked them and lets wait for their answer.

As has been said before Wikipedia isn't reliable. Until EA says its PC only or anything different then I try to ignore hype like it.

EA themselves have told PlanetCricket that Cricket 09 will be only on PC, and that has been added to the Wikipedia article.

No, EA New Zeland suggested that but nothing was made clear. Ste even said himself that he isn't too sure of PC only release

I am not 100% sure that EA New Zealand are correct about PC only. Perhaps its the only info they have at the moment.

I am quite sure that EA saying there will be no Wii game is correct though.

We have to wait until EA gives us the full detail about the new cricket game because we are going no where so far.

EA themselves have told PlanetCricket that Cricket 09 will be only on PC, and that has been added to the Wikipedia article.

EA NZ are the only ones that have told us that and said that it is only on PC "at this stage" which suggests an Xbox 360 / PS3 release could come at a later date.

Users who are viewing this thread