Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

It can be annoying when people pretend to have authority and know more than the rest of us.

You're a bit out of line here! He is one of the "helpers," of C09's most prestigious websites so far!

Give the dude some slack!

(Please hint the massive amount of sarcasm and glibness to this post)

im not pretending to have any authority. its something im sure (or thought) i read on this site.

That comment wasn't directed at you hxcrocker, rather the person who replied to you. There was information to suggest that HB Studios wouldn't be making the next EA Cricket game, and was the general assumption for a long time.

From my sources it appears likely Cricket 09 will be HB's last cricket game, with a new company taking up future releases. I can't say much, but I can say the gap between Cricket 09 and the next game, won't be anywhere near as long as the 07 to 09 gap.

i hope the official game will be as good as some of the mega patches released in this forum.
and if they (EA) have to match them,they better include IPL in the game.

It can be annoying when people pretend to have authority and know more than the rest of us.
It may be and it should be but I think if someone is really trying to fetch out good things from somewhere, nothing is wrong.

From my sources it appears likely Cricket 09 will be HB's last cricket game, with a new company taking up future releases. I can't say much, but I can say the gap between Cricket 09 and the next game, won't be anywhere near as long as the 07 to 09 gap.
HB must be doing a hard job on their Cricket 09 game. I hope it will be a better release than Cricket 07.

HB must be doing a hard job on their Cricket 09 game. I hope it will be a better release than Cricket 07.
The game would be well finished any major production. It is likely in a last minute bug fixing and testing stage now. Despite what you'd think, they do test their games before releasing.

They'd have gone to the code base about 3 months ago, tacked on the new features and then had a celebratory lunch a few weeks later.

They'd have gone to the code base about 3 months ago, tacked on the new features and then had a celebratory lunch a few weeks later.
So that means they are really trying hard to make it bug free however its not possible with EA.

About the lunch, you clicked the photo and put in in your avatar.

The game would be well finished any major production. It is likely in a last minute bug fixing and testing stage now. Despite what you'd think, they do test their games before releasing.

OMG! If all these bugs go unnoticed during testing there really is some problem. Do the people who test it actually know Cricket?

Lets hope HB finally deliver a decent cricket game. By 'gone to the code base' do you mean that they have built this on C07 and just put in some minor features? If yes, then this is going to be C07 v2: The Buggy Edition. :p

Harrypotter_fan added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

It may be and it should be but I think if someone is really trying to fetch out good things from somewhere, nothing is wrong.

Which good things are you trying to fetch and from where?

Maybe comments like "the poke to third man is too fine" were misunderstood. :p

Note that I was being partially sarcastic with my previous post. Much of it is just general knowledge of the development process, any suggestion that they are hard at work and that is why it hasn't been announced is wrong.

EA release stuff to a schedule, doesn't matter if it is complete or bug free. The only difference is the amount of money invested, which is lower for Cricket than Madden or FIFA.

OMG! If all these bugs go unnoticed during testing there really is some problem. Do the people who test it actually know Cricket?
Well that's the downside to developing it in Canada.

Lets hope HB finally deliver a decent cricket game. By 'gone to the code base' do you mean that they have built this on C07 and just put in some minor features? If yes, then this is going to be C07 v2: The Buggy Edition. :p
Yes. There is no significant rewrite this time around.

Based on some facts I know, and a liberal amount of drawing conclusions:

Basically, HB weren't planning to make any more Cricket games for EA, as EA were off looking for another company, who were going to do a ground up rewrite of the cricket series.

Come mid-08 EA still hadn't made a final decision on which company this would be, but they wanted their profit machine to keep ticking over, otherwise their licensing fees are going to waste.

So back to HB Studios EA go, they drag out Cricket 07 and get to work on some changes, to make a game that will pass as being new. They don't have much dev time, or funding, so it can't really be anything fancy. In the mean time they have to work on porting the 10 series of titles to the older consoles (Wii and PS2 basically), so their limited resources are stretched further.

In the mean time, EA keep considering their options for the next game, they make a lot of money from people who will buy any and all cricket games, and everyone's happy (except people who don't like wasting money).

^ Don't take it as fact, but it is the most logical explanation for a lot of things.

Just received a reply from Electronic Arts PR New Zealand .

We still have not received a date for the announcement of the game.

I don't know whether they are saying the right thing or they are hiding the real thing .

hi so that means cricket 09 is only pc because its a reworked 07 which will do for know and and next gen are being done by another company then hb , so where looking at nxt yr for next gen <ps3 and 360> in case no one knows what next gen is lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread