Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Actually no facts can beat what you posted Matt. That looks to be the best explanation of the present scenario. Well, lets hope EA dump HB next time and we have a better Cricket 2011.

Note that I was being partially sarcastic with my previous post. Much of it is just general knowledge of the development process, any suggestion that they are hard at work and that is why it hasn't been announced is wrong.

EA release stuff to a schedule, doesn't matter if it is complete or bug free. The only difference is the amount of money invested, which is lower for Cricket than Madden or FIFA.

Well that's the downside to developing it in Canada.

Yes. There is no significant rewrite this time around.

Based on some facts I know, and a liberal amount of drawing conclusions:

Basically, HB weren't planning to make any more Cricket games for EA, as EA were off looking for another company, who were going to do a ground up rewrite of the cricket series.

Come mid-08 EA still hadn't made a final decision on which company this would be, but they wanted their profit machine to keep ticking over, otherwise their licensing fees are going to waste.

So back to HB Studios EA go, they drag out Cricket 07 and get to work on some changes, to make a game that will pass as being new. They don't have much dev time, or funding, so it can't really be anything fancy. In the mean time they have to work on porting the 10 series of titles to the older consoles (Wii and PS2 basically), so their limited resources are stretched further.

In the mean time, EA keep considering their options for the next game, they make a lot of money from people who will buy any and all cricket games, and everyone's happy (except people who don't like wasting money).

^ Don't take it as fact, but it is the most logical explanation for a lot of things.

Great, means the game is going to be absolute garbage

Its not about being HB or anyone else as Matt said. The Funding and development time are VERY low, if they'd want to push it for the better they'd split to 2 teams and 2 year cycle for each.

Great, means the game is going to be absolute garbage
How can you call the hard work from EA a "garbage"? That means you must be a better programmer than EA.:rolleyes:

Does it? He is stating the quality of the game, not their hard work. Honestly, are you a big fan of EA Cricket games?
What you think? Why we are here and posting in this forum? :rolleyes:

See basically, they try to put as much as they can. Expectations are always high but its not that they intentionally make games which stevo called as "garbage".

Considering they do this as a career, they should still do a better job. There are some really basic errors, i.e. fielders throwing backwards, keepers floating, countless bugs which simple testing would get rid of. It's very easy to understand why people are annoyed

There are some really basic errors, i.e. fielders throwing backwards, keepers floating, countless bugs which simple testing would get rid of
They are bit annoying and that's why some of them are in the "Humor & Jokes" forum at the biggest cricket gaming website:p.

All they need to improve and they can is, removal of bugs otherwise the game is really nice.

The whole bowling depeartment is bugged due to AI batting and it is far too easy to score runs when a human bats
I think the effort by Abhinav for a modified EXE was really effective. His EXE changed a lot of things like this. I hope they will at least try to make the AI realistic.

EA has decided the release date yet only for the games which have been announced. Cricket 09 is still waiting for announcement I suppose. :)

We should hope for the best now :happy

How can you call the hard work from EA a "garbage"? That means you must be a better programmer than EA.:rolleyes:

Are you sure that they have done hard work after cricket 2005? Can you show a single proof of hard work of cricket 07 from cricket 05 compared to cricket 05 from cricket 04?

Or you play that EA game without any single PC patch, I will agree that EA have done lots of hardwork. :hpraise :rolleyes:

To be honest, cricket 07 is not even worth to be garbage.. I have the new CD of cricket 07 after the first time usage safely in my locker. Never even bothered to take that out either after having played PC patched 05! :)

surendar added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

It is likely in a last minute bug fixing and testing stage now. Despite what you'd think, they do test their games before releasing.

What I feel is, they do only a smoke testing to ensure that overall functionality is working without any show-stoppers. :cool:

Last edited:
They are bit annoying and that's why some of them are in the "Humor & Jokes" forum at the biggest cricket gaming website:p.

All they need to improve and they can is, removal of bugs otherwise the game is really nice.

What you think? Why we are here and posting in this forum? :rolleyes:

See basically, they try to put as much as they can. Expectations are always high but its not that they intentionally make games which stevo called as "garbage".

Hmmm, contradictions?

I just noticed Ashes Cricket 2009 on Game website release date 03/07/2009. Anybody know anything about this?

Users who are viewing this thread