Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Me Day 1 said:
Exclusive ICC Champions Trophy - Great! that's my favourite competition by far!
New Commentator - Great! I guess they've just tagged him into the existing commentary like they did last time. Will we still be hearing "Stopped in the covers" 5 times an over? My Guess is yes!
Classic Matches - Great! Just what I want for hours of endless enjoyment. Past matches where past players can't attack. I bet we can look forward to treats such as Botham going along at a run an over and Curtly Ambrose bowling yorker after yorker after yorker!

T20 World Cup - Day 2 and no new features, just another new competition. Of course this one will guarantee that they get loads of people buying it. But yet again nothing new where it matters - Gameplay!

Can't wait to hear about more exciting new features tomorrow!

If they have the full 20-20 world cup licensed,they must have included features like the Powerplays,free hits,etc..
Any news about more stadiums being included??

Bit of a bummer of an announcement today considering I took a day off for it (Yes, called in sick), but hey least where moving forward ... I think.

If they have the full 20-20 world cup licensed,they must have included features like the Powerplays,free hits,etc..
Yes free hit is already included and as far I remember it was there is C07 too if you'll play English/Australian T20 county.

About stadiums, I hope there may be improvements in Asian stadiums.

If former games are anything to go by we will be told that there are re-modelled stadiums. When in actual fact they will be the same inaccurate stadiums, sometimes as a bonus you get less of them. For example the Chelmsford ground (That's Essex for those who didn't know) has been the same in every version of the game I've seen (As have all the others) and is missing amongst other things the Pavilion! Most other grounds are missing stands or features, but that I would have thought is kinda important. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the new features we are told about this week is indeed "Re-Modelled Stadiums"

Hopefully they'll fix crowd size ratios, I don't want a pack of 30 people filling a WHOLE pavillion again. :spy

Yeah that really did suck. Peoples heads sticking thru the roof just illustrates how much of a half arsed attitude they had to C07. Grounds were way too small and buildings were totally innacurate. OK in 2002 or 2004 you'd forgive them but these days it really isn't on. For heavens sake all they have to do is look at Google Earth!!

Attachments

• co9.jpg
    co9.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 60
If there is ICC T20 and champion trophy licensed then will it like BLIC 07 having tournaments licensed and one-day matches unlicensed? Anyways it's great to here that there are many tournaments and hoping for better gameplay in which EA sucks at it. But now doubt there will be same bugs as we seen in 07.

THis is turning out to be such a farce. What is tomorrow's news

you can play the game with both a gamepad and your keyboard

Guys i am getting worried by the announcements. I'm almost expecting the next one to be you can decide how many overs you want in an odi. ;)

Don't blame us. It is hardly our fault if EA have done sod all, we are just trying to make as much out of it as we can.

Users who are viewing this thread