Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Ok its nice back to old C97 fielding selection ,I am kinda worried about the bowling mechanics as it says CLICK where you have to bowl ,whats that exactly means? No accuracy thingy? BTW love the swing/spin feature.

Allrounder18 added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Colin plz say that Career mode ,Online play and all new animations are the fifth day features pack :D

It sounds like CK09 is a stop gap arrangement between the non nextgen Ck07 and the next-gen ck10 (just like Vista the connect between WinXP and Win7)

That's pretty much how I'd describe it but a back-to-back release depends on how on schedule C10 manages to run.

Will the system requirements be released any time soon Colin, i need to know what graphics card i need for a laptop my brother is getting.

It's got a feature straight from BLIC which, if you have a crap computer, will not work properly and will have to turn it off. Finally it's got this field placings system, it has needed something like this since c2k2.

I actually liked the C07 keyboad controls, since my mouse is really shaky and I cant be bothered buying a new one.

Ok its nice back to old C97 fielding selection ,I am kinda worried about the bowling mechanics as it says CLICK where you have to bowl ,whats that exactly means? No accuracy thingy? BTW love the swing/spin feature.
I haven't played it so don't know for sure, but I'm imagining you'll move a blob around the pitch. A bigger blob for worse bowlers (i.e. less accurate placing), then a combination of timing and bowler skill will determine how close to the spot it pitches.

Will the system requirements be released any time soon Colin, i need to know what graphics card i need for a laptop my brother is getting.
We don't have exact requirements at this stage. If you get dedicated Nvidia or ATI graphics, you'll likely be right. The requirements that were on Wikipedia for a while were entirely made up.

I actually liked the C07 keyboad controls, since my mouse is really shaky and I cant be bothered buying a new one.
You'll have the option to use the old controls, or at least a variation of them. Also there will be gamepad support.

It's got a feature straight from BLIC which, if you have a crap computer, will not work properly and will have to turn it off. Finally it's got this field placings system, it has needed something like this since c2k2.

You are talking about new bowling spin/swing system right? or is there any new feature copied from BLIC?

You are talking about new bowling spin/swing system right? or is there any new feature copied from BLIC?
I'm talking about the fielding, where you choose which end to throw to.

Ashes Cricket is sounding very promising compared to this dishwater.

Thanks God for some game play info. I see they have tried to make bowling (the worst part of EA Cricket) a little better by introducing the click mechanism. The info was regarding the spin in there. There was no mention of SWING in the air and Movement of the seam. Can you elaborate on it Barmyarmy?

Last edited:
Thanks God for some game play info. I see they have tried to make bowling (the worst part of EA Cricket) a little better by introducing the click mechanism. The info was regarding the spin in there. There was no mention of SWING in the air and Movement of the seam. Can you elaborate eon it Barmyarmy?

I really hope C2k4 uncertain seam movement make a comback ,the movement in the air and uncertain seam movement will make bowling awful lotta fun.

Being able to drag the fielders around is great. Finally something positive. Although pointless if the variation in shots is not there.

Not so sure about mouse control for bowling. Point and click, I presume the cursor will wobble about or thats going to be tedious. In all honesty I can't see why exactly the same effects couldn't be achieved with a gamepad. I don't like using a mouse for gaming, I wouldn't use a gamepad for excel!

No mention of Batting controls? Is that to come or have they left that alone? Is Century stick still there? Will I need to use my keyboard, my mouse and a gamepad to play the thing? :eek: Multiplayer is out I guess!

Last edited:
this game better cost no more than ?10, cause it looks like the development cost of this game is well under ?1000

Looks like ther will no change in animation. Ths game has got to have the worse fast bowling action of all time, and I cant believe we are going to stick with that

Users who are viewing this thread